Data feed problem
385 3 2021-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kuHELBu8jgSr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1127490 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I have a DJI Mini 2 and use it with a Huawei P smart phone (2019) after 40 plus fights with no problems, after that latest fly app update I keep getting a strange situation. The camera video stream is still plays on the phone when the drone is in flight but after a while the flight information freezes ie height distance etc. The drone still responds to the RC but this is obviously a serious safety issue if I have no idea of height or distance of the drone. Help would be greatly appreciated
2021-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Huawei P Smart Phone ( 2019 ) ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Huawei P Smart Phone ( 2019 ) will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-7-14
Use props
djiuser_kuHELBu8jgSr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1127490 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-14 19:52
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Huawei P Smart Phone ( 2019 ) ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Huawei P Smart Phone ( 2019 ) will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.

Hi thank you for your reply. The drone and fly app were working perfectly well up until version 1.4.8 and now I have problems, as it would appear do many others from comments here and on YouTube. It seems poor customer relations to simply say go and buy another phone which obviously isn't an option. I have downgraded to a previous app version in the hope that it solves the problem, but have to say I'm unhappy with the advice given
2021-7-15
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I and others have reported issues with the 1.4.8 update. Like you, everything on the screen froze except the live feed. Manually flew the aircraft back to HP and upon descent the Fly app crashed, first time in over 9 months. Samsung A71, Android 11.
2021-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules