Motionlapse with DJI RS2
5406 8 2021-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveGermany
lvl.1
Germany

I read about motion lapse for Ronin S. Is this also possible with RS2?
In the RS2 menu (and app) I could only finde timelapse (but it seems this is only producing a bunch of some hundred single photos. I need a film).Is it correct that timelapse only creates single photos? I am using a Nikon Z7II

thanks for help!
2021-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the DJI RS 2 is capable of using the Motionlapse feature. You may try to uninstall and reinstall your DJI Ronin App and check if you now have the said feature. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-15
Use props
SteveGermany
lvl.1
Germany

No sure if my question was clear enough, so I ask differently...

"What is the difference between timelapse and motionlapse?"

This is not explained in the manual and also on several YouTube videos I could not find any proper explanation.

So I thought timelapse creates single photos and motionlapse creates a movie file (as my camera is actually capable to put sequences directly into a movie file)). But I guess I was wrong. - Is it correct that timelapse just takes a sequence of photos with a fixed camera, while motionlapse takes a sequence of photos while moving the camera (using waypoints)? But they all just take single photos and do not create the movie (this needs to be created later with a video editing tool).

Please let me know if my assumption is correct. Thanks for clarification
2021-7-16
Use props
Paulo Paulino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2774265 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-15 20:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the DJI RS 2 is capable of using the Motionlapse feature. You may try to uninstall and reinstall your DJI Ronin App and check if you now have the said feature. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi, I cannot found this option on RS2 IOS. Are you sure this option is already available on IOS?
2021-7-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello there, you can create a motionlapse by setting 2-5 waypoints.
Please refer to this tutorial, start from 2:00 to 3:23

Or you can check out the manual on page 24 https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual_v1.0_en2.pdf
Hope this provides you with some info.
2021-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Paulo Paulino Posted at 7-17 12:30
Hi, I cannot found this option on RS2 IOS. Are you sure this option is already available on IOS?

Hi there, you can enter the timelapse section of the Ronin app and create the waypoints to realize this feature. You can also refer to the details I mentioned above. Thank you.
2021-7-29
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

2021-7-30
Use props
Paulo Paulino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2774265 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 7-29 23:51
Hi there, you can enter the timelapse section of the Ronin app and create the waypoints to realize this feature. You can also refer to the details I mentioned above. Thank you.

Timelapse, thank you, when I read this post I think it was a new hiperlapse option that is coming but looks not.
2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Paulo Paulino Posted at 7-30 02:37
Timelapse, thank you, when I read this post I think it was a new hiperlapse option that is coming but looks not.

No, it is not a sub-option under timelapse but can be created under the timelapse section.
2021-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules