Triggering Record button Ronin RS2 with Raven Eye and Canon EOS R
4231 10 2021-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0b90d822
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205194 ft
Australia

I have an EOS R connected to the Raveneye and the RS2, everything balances correctly and connects to the app, enabling ActiveTrack etc.
But for some reason I cannot get the record button on the gimbal to trigger the recording of the camera.

Has anyone had this experience and know how to solve it?

I've enabled remote control on the camera as well, with no luck.
Have swapped all the USB-C controls on the side of the RS2 with no result either.

I appreciate any ideas.
2021-7-14
Use props
dux
New
Australia

Yes, I too had this issue in the last two uses of the combo but with an R5.
I bypassed the RSS / control of the Raveneye and plugged directly back in. (HDMI kept rolling).

Trigger / record button worked as expected once bypassed.

Did this twice. But it was so frustrating I had to start stop with the camera record button.

There seems to be a firmware issue in the Raveneye where it doesn't respond to the trigger.
2021-7-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know if you are able to initiate recording while the camera is not connected to the RavenEye system? Please note that when switched to Photo mode, the camera won't respond to video-capturing commands; when switched to video mode, the camera won't respond to photo-capturing commands.
2021-7-29
Use props
fans0b90d822
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205194 ft
Australia

Hi Susan,

I was able to trigger it by reversing the cable connections, but when you stop recording it goes back to photo mode, which throws the exposure etc. of the camera.
2021-7-30
Use props
paoloqbek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16322 ft
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 7-29 23:14
Hi there, may I know if you are able to initiate recording while the camera is not connected to the RavenEye system? Please note that when switched to Photo mode, the camera won't respond to video-capturing commands; when switched to video mode, the camera won't respond to photo-capturing commands.

My EOS R connected to RSC2, after pushing rec. button on ronin handle for ending video recording, is going switch to photo mode. How to fix this phenomenon?
2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans0b90d822 Posted at 7-30 01:42
Hi Susan,

I was able to trigger it by reversing the cable connections, but when you stop recording it goes back to photo mode, which throws the exposure etc. of the camera.

Hi there, sorry for the issue. Currently, please downgrade the firmware of the RS 2 to avoid the error.
Method: Click on the list in the upper left corner to enter the "About" page, click on the firmware version, press and hold the text of the firmware version for 5 seconds in the "Firmware version", and then you can choose to downgrade to the previous version.
Our engineers are aware of the issue and will optimize it in the next firmware update. Apologize again for the inconvenience caused, thank you for your understanding.
2021-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

paoloqbek Posted at 7-30 03:47
My EOS R connected to RSC2, after pushing rec. button on ronin handle for ending video recording, is going switch to photo mode. How to fix this phenomenon?

Hi there, sorry for the issue. Please refer to my reply above, currently, please downgrade the firmware of the RSC 2 to avoid the error.
Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2021-8-1
Use props
paoloqbek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16322 ft
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 8-1 03:12
Hi there, sorry for the issue. Please refer to my reply above, currently, please downgrade the firmware of the RSC 2 to avoid the error.
Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Hi Susan. Thanks for response. What firmware number should I downgrade for avoid this issue?
2021-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

paoloqbek Posted at 8-2 06:17
Hi Susan. Thanks for response. What firmware number should I downgrade for avoid this issue?

You can download the firmware to the previous version v01.02.00.30 to avoid the issue.
2021-8-3
Use props
Da-Cidre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17700 ft
United States

Glad to see this post as I was using it today after upgrading the firmware to 1.4.8 and pressing the record button on the RS2 with my EOS R activates slow motion photo mode
2021-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello there, the new firmware is now available, you can update the firmware now. Release note: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=248176
2021-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules