5302 12 2021-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vivvitiscali.it
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4845663 ft
France

Hi,

I come from a air 2 and I just bought my new air 2S.

I'm very disappointed about the way leds are working in this new model.

After the engine starts the leds are now blinking green in the front arms and alternating red/green in the rear arms.
This "Christmas tree" effect is very confusing in flight especially in low light conditions and doesn't allow to recognise, by my opinion, in a clear way the front and the rear of the aircraft.

Furthermore before, during the photo shooting, i.e. during long time exposures, the front leds were off to avoid noise on the picture; it's no more like this, led are on all the time, during the shooting.

Last but not least the low battery and critically low battery are no more indicated by leds that continue to blink green in the front arms and alternating red/green in the rear leds.

I think all that is a big regression for a brand new product.
I really miss the classic DJI red in front, blinking green in rear arms.

2021-7-15
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

China

I have no problem with night flights. I'm not sure if blinking code is a good design to indicate things like low battery or what while you basically need to watch the screen all the time. And personally I've never met a case where the LEDs caused noise in shots too. They simply wouldn't unless there're thick fog ahead, which is unlikely for you to shoot anything anyway.
2021-7-15
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Taiwan

1. You can actually turn off rear arm LEDs using DH desktop application. However it needs you to tweak the parameters which can be a little bit difficult and I'm not sure if sharing the details is allowed here in DJI official forum. All I can say is that it's doable.

2. The fore arm LEDs would turn off automatically when you're shooting photos. I've tested it with long exposure shots.

3. For videos, the fore arm LEDs simply wouldn't affect the image at all unless you're in the clouds.
2021-7-15
Use props
vivvi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4845663 ft
France

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-15 07:45
1. You can actually turn off rear arm LEDs using DH desktop application. However it needs you to tweak the parameters which can be a little bit difficult and I'm not sure if sharing the details is allowed here in DJI official forum. All I can say is that it's doable.

2. The fore arm LEDs would turn off automatically when you're shooting photos. I've tested it with long exposure shots.

Hi, thanks a lot for your feedback!

Concerning point 2 I did a test and leds are continuing blinking.
I will test again this evening to be sure but yesterday, during long exposure pictures, were on!
2021-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there vivvitiscali.it. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. For reference, when the DJI Air 2S is powered on but the motors are not running, the front LEDs glow solid green to display the orientation of the said DJI drone. When the said DJI drone is powered on but the motors are not running, the drones aircraft status indicator display the status of the flight control system. Kindly please refer to the table below for more information about the said DJI drone's status indicators. After the motor starts, the front LEDs blink green and the aircraft status indicator blinks red and green alternately. Thank you.

2021-7-15
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Singapore

vivvi Posted at 7-15 08:00
Hi, thanks a lot for your feedback!

Concerning point 2 I did a test and leds are continuing blinking.

The fore arms shall be turned off while the rear arms are still on by default. You can turn off the rear arm leds using DH Application.
2021-7-16
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Coming from the Mini 2, wich only has a single LED in the back (wich is about 1/4 of the power of any of the air2S ones), the "Christmas tree lighting" of the Air2S was quite annoying. Was even ashamed of flying that thing during the bluehour U_U

Just turned all the leds off in DH (set them to "0") and now it only blinks green on the front arms when flying, no more disco light flying machine and you can still know where the drone is going in low light conditions.

Would be nice to just leave the rear ones blinking green instead of the front ones, but I couldn't find any parameter guide anywhere, did some test and seems that all turned off except blinking on the front while flying is all the "ninja" you can get.

A shame you can't set this on the Flyapp, as far as I know you can customize/turn off the LEDs on the M2Pro.
2021-7-31
Use props
pixelicous
lvl.1
Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-15 21:06
Hello there vivvitiscali.it. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. For reference, when the DJI Air 2S is powered on but the motors are not running, the front LEDs glow solid green to display the orientation of the said DJI drone. When the said DJI drone is powered on but the motors are not running, the drones aircraft status indicator display the status of the flight control system. Kindly please refer to the table below for more information about the said DJI drone's status indicators. After the motor starts, the front LEDs blink green and the aircraft status indicator blinks red and green alternately. Thank you.

[view_image]

Wow thanks for clearing this one out, I was sure that this wasn't normal as I'm flying near an airfield or a stadium or that the imu isn't calibrated.

However I don't see this status shown in the image you posted, it doesn't say anywhere)"red green alternating", I was sure I had to recalibrate imu and the fact I got no message about it on display buffed me

Is this fact of green/red in rear legs is a normal status is written anywhere and I just missed it?
2021-8-31
Use props
pixelicous
lvl.1
Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-15 21:06

[view_image]

@DJI Stephen can you please reply? thanks
2021-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

pixelicous Posted at 9-6 03:46
@DJI Stephen can you please reply?  thanks

Hi there pixelicous. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to assist you.
2021-9-6
Use props
aytacengin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 658937 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 2021-7-31 03:28
Coming from the Mini 2, wich only has a single LED in the back (wich is about 1/4 of the power of any of the air2S ones), the "Christmas tree lighting" of the Air2S was quite annoying. Was even ashamed of flying that thing during the bluehour U_U

Just turned all the leds off in DH (set them to "0") and now it only blinks green on the front arms when flying, no more disco light flying machine and you can still know where the drone is going in low light conditions.

Same like me I can not full off led on Front arm.. I set 0

Forearm_led_ctrl | G_config.misc_cfg.forearm_lamp_ctrl [ Value: 0 ]

I think. Its about for GNSS linking.
2022-1-11
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-7-15 21:06
Hello there vivvitiscali.it. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. For reference, when the DJI Air 2S is powered on but the motors are not running, the front LEDs glow solid green to display the orientation of the said DJI drone. When the said DJI drone is powered on but the motors are not running, the drones aircraft status indicator display the status of the flight control system. Kindly please refer to the table below for more information about the said DJI drone's status indicators. After the motor starts, the front LEDs blink green and the aircraft status indicator blinks red and green alternately. Thank you.

[view_image]

Always helps to read the manual
2022-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ReproRetro Posted at 1-14 21:54
Always helps to read the manual

Hi there ReproRetro. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules