Unable to pair, yellow light flashing quickly.
16021 30 2021-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8W6oJRK4MXD2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39662 ft
India

Hello, I bought the mini 2 three months ago and everything was working fine until one day the aircraft stopped pairing with the RC. I've tried all possible workarounds that I could find but none seem to work. The aircraft status light keeps blinking yellow quickly, which according to the official manual is indicative of lost remote controller signal. I tried contacting the official support but apparently the service center in my country doesn't support the mini 2. This leaves me zero options currently available other than trying to repair it myself or have it checked by a third party, both of which I'm highly reluctant to do. If anyone has a possible solution, it would be really great to hear. Even if I'm aware of the reason as to why the pairing isn't occuring, maybe I could look into the 2 options listed above. Thank you.
2021-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if both of the DJI Mini 2 and the DJI Mini 2's remote controller are both on the latest firmware and may we also know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further? Thank you.
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_8W6oJRK4MXD2
lvl.1
India

Thanks for the quick reply Stephen. I've attached a sample video and the screenshot of the error page. I'm using a OnePlus 6 with android version 10, but I don't think this is the issue because it was working fine with the phone earlier and I've also tried using iphone 12, but that didn't solve the issue either. The firmware is up-to-date as well. I would like also to add that the aircraft won't power off with the button. The only way to power it off is to remove the battery physically.

https://imgur.com/a/vZOmce9
The site won't let me upload a video format so I've added the link instead.
Screenshot_20210716-150642.jpg
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_8W6oJRK4MXD2
lvl.1
India

Any update on this issue?
2021-7-19
Use props
DronePerspectiv
lvl.2
Netherlands

I had the same problem. You can read it in my post. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233871
Try pairing without sd card.

2021-7-20
Use props
djiuser_8W6oJRK4MXD2
lvl.1
India

DronePerspectiv Posted at 7-20 12:57
I had the same problem. You can read it in my post. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233871
Try pairing without sd card.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. However, I've already tried it but to no avail. The frustrating part is that there is no official support for the drone in my country and I don't even know what the exact issue is, thus preventing me from trying to find a solution. One local repair shop told that the main board might need replacement and quoted roughly 220 USD for the same. Quite ridiculous to be honest, especially since I'm sure there has been no error on my part.
2021-7-31
Use props
djiuser_8W6oJRK4MXD2
lvl.1
India

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-16 01:24
Hello there. I am sorry to the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if both of the DJI Mini 2 and the DJI Mini 2's remote controller are both on the latest firmware and may we also know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further? Thank you.

Hello, I would really appreciate an update on this issue.
2021-7-31
Use props
peixotobinho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26171 ft
Brazil

My DJI Se have the same problem. How i fix?After changing the channel to manual the drone lost connection with the remote control. It is flashing yellow. An aircraft not found error appears, and no satellite or wi-fi connection appears. I tried other phones with android and ios but without success. I did the procedures that DJI asked and it didn't work. I downgraded firmware and it didn't work. I need a solution, I have no guarantee in my country.
2022-10-18
Use props
djiuser_tUs8b5zuLHlY
New
United States

I am also having the same issue. Tried all things in thread but will not work. It was working fine an hour before but now nothing.
2022-11-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried reliinking the drone and controller again?
If I were you I would list what you have done rather than just saying you have tried everything in the thread.
2022-11-25
Use props
djiuser_ZFb84R4hZtMd
New
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-7-16 01:24

After all this time I haven’t seen a simple solution for this problem affecting dozens of users like myself. Surely a bunch os customers with Bricked Mini 2s will be perfect to push sales for the mini 3. And I don’t believe for a second that DJI doesn’t know what this issue is and if it’s fixable. Maybe firmware 1.03 had something in it to cause all this… who knows? Have some dignity and show customers some respect! Fix the damn problem…
2022-12-4
Use props
djiuser_ZFb84R4hZtMd
New
United Kingdom

After all this time I haven’t seen a simple solution for this problem affecting dozens of users like myself. Surely a bunch os customers with Bricked Mini 2s will be perfect to push sales for the mini 3. And I don’t believe for a second that DJI doesn’t know what this issue is and if it’s fixable. Maybe firmware 1.03 had something in it to cause all this… who knows? Have some dignity and show customers some respect! Fix the damn problem…
2022-12-4
Use props
djiuser_dSXrLAZ01CjS
New

India

I'm also facing same problem.. did you got any solution..
2022-12-15
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225118 ft
Poland

djiuser_dSXrLAZ01CjS Posted at 12-15 11:46
I'm also facing same problem.. did you got any solution..

Would it be possible to record your phone screen while you're tryig to connect your Mini 2 to the controller? Then you can upload this film on the youtube and paste the link here.
2022-12-16
Use props
Mauricio Perez
New

Mexico

I have the same problem, the yellow light is flashing rapidly and when I press the button on the drone to pair or turn it off, it stays on
2023-7-12
Use props
fanse2bef13d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 617139 ft
United States

My Mini2 stopped connecting out of the blue. I fly it twice a day for work. Been flying DJIs since 2017. The drone flashes yellow and won't connect.
2023-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanse2bef13d Posted at 8-5 15:26
My Mini2 stopped connecting out of the blue. I fly it twice a day for work. Been flying DJIs since 2017. The drone flashes yellow and won't connect.

Hello there. I'm sorry about the trouble.  Can you please check the notes below and see if it will make it work?
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on.
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.
3. Please switch the linking method between “Linking with the app” and “Linking with combination buttons”.
a.) Remote controller (RC-N1): Customizable button + Photo/video toggle + Shutter/record button
b.) Aircraft: Press and hold the Power button on the aircraft for four seconds to prepare to link.
4. If it is invalid, check whether the remote controller has been updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app (make sure to connect Wi-Fi or a hotspot when using RC with a built-in screen). After the connection is successful, check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.
5. Please connect the aircraft to the computer, check the aircraft firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2, and try linking after updating and refreshing the aircraft’s firmware to the latest version.
Please keep me posted. Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_HYU2onKLf7Te
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-25 03:18
Hello there. I'm sorry about the trouble.  Can you please check the notes below and see if it will make it work?
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on.
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.

Hello, I am having similar issues. Recently attempted to update firmware on Mini 2 and RC and now get flashing yellow light on drone and unable to initiat pairing with controller. Can't turn off the drone without removing battery. I have done the following:

1) Check that both remote and aircraft are on. (YES)
2) Tried all steps with microSD card in and removed. (No effect, same behavior for both)
3) Tried with both linking with app and with combination buttons. (No effect, seems to be drone not RC)
a) Rc goes into pairing mode both in linking with app and combinationb) Mini 2 Drone does not enter pairing mode no matter how long I press and hold the power button
4) i have downloaded DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer version) and updated RC firmware
5) But i cannot connect to the drone (Does not appear in DJI Assistant 2 even after several minutes of waiting.)a) Can only connect after turning the drone on, I cannot turn drone on when connected.

2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_HYU2onKLf7Te Posted at 9-5 20:04
Hello, I am having similar issues. Recently attempted to update firmware on Mini 2 and RC and now get flashing yellow light on drone and unable to initiat pairing with controller. Can't turn off the drone without removing battery. I have done the following:

1) Check that both remote and aircraft are on. (YES)

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. If the Assistant 2 fails to recognize the drone.  Can you please try this:
1. )Unplug and plug in the USB cable or use another USB cable. --> In WIN7 or a later system, turn off the antivirus program on the computer. Reinstall DJI Assistant 2. --> Manually re-install the driver.
2.) Right-click “My Computer” --> “Administration” --> Select “Device Manager”, and check the drivers that should be installed in Windows (as shown in the figure).

Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-5
Use props
djiuser_HYU2onKLf7Te
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-5 20:40
Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. If the Assistant 2 fails to recognize the drone.  Can you please try this:
1. )Unplug and plug in the USB cable or use another USB cable. --> In WIN7 or a later system, turn off the antivirus program on the computer. Reinstall DJI Assistant 2. --> Manually re-install the driver.
2.) Right-click “My Computer” --> “Administration” --> Select “Device Manager”, and check the drivers that should be installed in Windows (as shown in the figure).

Hello, Thank you for the quick response.

1) It is not the cable. Same cable worked for the RC. Have tried unplugging and plugging back in attempting to turn drone on at different points with respect to plugin etc.

2) i am on Mac OSX 12.6.7 I am not enthused about work around for security. Going through the threads on DJI forum led me to the horndis driver on github. Horndis has a known security vulnerability (source NIST vulnerability database) so I do not want to install. What are my other options? Will DJI cover shipping and repair free of charge? Drone is just over a year old with not very much flight time and no major wrecks. It seems the attempted firmware update is to blame, but I'm not ok with thwarting security precautions on my end putting me at further risk of additional loss e.g. of my laptop.

To complain a bit (not support's fault I know), I have already sunk hours into trying to fix this searching through forums and am admittedly quite disappointed as i was planning to take this on a vacation with me over the weekend leaving in two days. All this just after my purchase of a new Mavic 3 pro fly more combo... I am hopeful this won't be a common occurrence.
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_HYU2onKLf7Te Posted at 9-5 21:40
Hello, Thank you for the quick response.

1) It is not the cable. Same cable worked for the RC. Have tried unplugging and plugging back in attempting to turn drone on at different points with respect to plugin etc.

I apologize for the experience. Yes, If you submit a repair request, a shipping label should be emailed to you. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://www.dji.com/support You can also contact our DJI Support from the same link if you need further assistance. Thank you for your patience. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-5
Use props
djiuser_HYU2onKLf7Te
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-5 22:08
I apologize for the experience. Yes, If you submit a repair request, a shipping label should be emailed to you. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://www.dji.com/support You can also contact our DJI Support from the same link if you need further assistance. Thank you for your patience. Have a great day ahead.

Thank you for the help in finding a resolution. I will be sure to follow up upon successful completion of service!
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_HYU2onKLf7Te Posted at 9-5 22:25
Thank you for the help in finding a resolution. I will be sure to follow up upon successful completion of service!

You're most welcome. By the way, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-5
Use props
djiuser_HYU2onKLf7Te
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-5 23:17
You're most welcome. By the way, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.

As an update, I am rather unhappy that I’m being asked to pay $107 due to a “circuit board malfunction”. Despite the drone showing no physical damage and the problem starting LITERALLY IMMEDIATELY after an attempted firmware update. That can’t be a coincidence. Also wonderfully coincident with being just a few months out of warranty as well. I’m sure I don’t have any other options despite being under the impression from the response to my previous question that I wouldn’t be charged, but I simply can’t understand this poor customer service. I sure hope my brand new Mavic 3 pro doesn’t experience the same fate in just over a year, as I imagine it will be much more expensive to “fix”.
2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_HYU2onKLf7Te
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-5 23:17

As an update, I am rather unhappy that I’m being asked to pay $107 due to a “circuit board malfunction”. Despite the drone showing no physical damage and the problem starting LITERALLY IMMEDIATELY after an attempted firmware update. That can’t be a coincidence. Also wonderfully coincident with being just a few months out of warranty as well. I’m sure I don’t have any other options despite being under the impression from the response to my previous question that I wouldn’t be charged, but I simply can’t understand this poor customer service. I sure hope my brand new Mavic 3 pro doesn’t experience the same fate in just over a year, as I imagine it will be much more expensive to “fix”.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_HYU2onKLf7Te Posted at 9-11 18:33

Hi. We understand your feelings and truly want to help as much as we can. We are terribly sorry that we cannot satisfy your requirements as they are not in accordance with our after-sales policies, although we have forwarded your thoughts to our department’s management for future after-sales policies consideration.
Thanks for your understanding and have a great day.
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_HYU2onKLf7Te
lvl.1
United States

Great, paid over $100 to have my drone “repaired” after a firmware update borked it and they didn’t even return the wall adapter and cable that I sent with it. I’m now being told that they need to “investigate” and it may take several days. Really?! This should be a non-issue. Good customer service would be to immediately ship a replacement. It’s not like I’m claiming a multi hundreds or thousands of dollars drone went missing. Why would I lie about this?! Now I’m stuck unable to charge the batteries….
2023-9-14
Use props
djiuser_xWPX7GUUhIGC
New

United States

I just got mine service .. mine was doing yellow light flashing constantly. Then serviceman say that mine was to old to be fix.. there were no firmware available l finily connvence him to check  under dji website.. he did find a firmware available he put into my AC controler.. as son as we test it the damn of my aircraft start comunicating to each other …in few minutes later l had my mini magic flying… the bad thing when we try with my l pad could not communicating .. so my l pad  have to have something … but with their l pad just fly just fine… now l need to delete and reload the app .. try on … l have to mension l have an other s dji drone on my l pad .. it may be the reson!!!
2023-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_xWPX7GUUhIGC Posted at 9-26 15:39
I just got mine service .. mine was doing yellow light flashing constantly. Then serviceman say that mine was to old to be fix.. there were no firmware available l finily connvence him to check  under dji website.. he did find a firmware available he put into my AC controler.. as son as we test it the damn of my aircraft start comunicating to each other …in few minutes later l had my mini magic flying… the bad thing when we try with my l pad could not communicating .. so my l pad  have to have something … but with their l pad just fly just fine… now l need to delete and reload the app .. try on … l have to mension l have an other s dji drone on my l pad .. it may be the reson!!!

Hello there. I hope you're doing well today. Please make sure you are using an official DJI App to fly your drone. If you have a Mavic Mini you can download the DJI Fly app using this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. Please reach back if you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-9
Use props
HannahZhang
New

United States

I had exactly same problem. I tried all the tricks. I was suggested to upgrade the firmware. However, since the aircraft can't connect to the controller, I can't do the firmware upgrade. I went to the chinese website and found the solution. All you need to do is holding the aircraft power button for 4 second when the yellow light flashing quickly. I wish Dji can write this on their English menu. So many people are suffering this problem.  
4-7 12:36
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HannahZhang Posted at 4-7 12:36
I had exactly same problem. I tried all the tricks. I was suggested to upgrade the firmware. However, since the aircraft can't connect to the controller, I can't do the firmware upgrade. I went to the chinese website and found the solution. All you need to do is holding the aircraft power button for 4 second when the yellow light flashing quickly. I wish Dji can write this on their English menu. So many people are suffering this problem.

Hello, Hannah. We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. We will surely gather this feedback of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. I will also post a link below for useful guides if you are having issues with linking the aircraft to the controller. Thank you for your valued support.

Aircraft Linking guide: https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper

Aircraft Linking Failure Solution: https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper
4-7 19:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules