Low Battery Caused return to home fright?
867 6 2015-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
installsat
New

United States

Long time P1 user and just switched to a P2
Was flying the other day and I think I maybe pushed the battery too far (I think) was getting the flashing red when suddenly it started rising up slowly and I lost all control.....

The P2 then hit an over head rope and shot off into a tree.

I have been terrified to fly since and been wondering what could have happened. I just checked the manual again and was wanting to confirm if, "retun to home when battery gets low" is an option that may have caused this?

I see a box in the Assistant software, if I uncheck this will the P2 simply hover the ground instead of attempting to return to home.

I hope that was the issue, although I was flying by some folks who may or may not have had cell phones (2.4ghz)

I also found one of the batteries in the controller had popped out slightly uponn further inspection..... but the cotroller light was on.... The controller may have been bumped in the chase however.

So I am kinda hoping it ran out of juice and just tied to return to home.  When I first started the P2 assistant this box was checked by default in the Battery section.

Thanks for any insight.

2015-7-23
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

In the assistant the option is there to RTH IF CRITICAL BATTERY LEVEL IS REACHED. It has a default to climb to or climbs to a set by user altitude then returns to home. Then if it can't make it back and the battery  get to around 8% it will autoland where ever it is.
2015-7-23
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

too add, you can also toggle your S2 switch from GPS to ATT. and back to GPS (down and up once) to regain control over the P2 once it starts to go home
2015-7-24
Use props
PSB
New

United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-24 19:27
too add, you can also toggle your S2 switch from GPS to ATT. and back to GPS (down and up once) to r ...

Thanks guys, so if I un-check this feature it will just hover to the ground where ever it happens.... just like my P1

It's a great feature to have, but I don't think I will ever use it.

Thanks again for the replies, I feel a flight coming on : )
2015-7-24
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-24 19:27
too add, you can also toggle your S2 switch from GPS to ATT. and back to GPS (down and up once) to r ...

Wow.  I think the switches must be reversed from what they are on my Phantom?

On mine I think the S1 is GPS  / ATTI ?
2015-7-24
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2015-7-25 10:27
Wow.  I think the switches must be reversed from what they are on my Phantom?

On mine I think the ...

Yes S1 ...
2015-7-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

PSB Posted at 2015-7-24 21:39
Thanks guys, so if I un-check this feature it will just hover to the ground where ever it happens. ...

You should be able to set "land" or "go home and land", if you select the latter as described above you can set the height it will go to...avoid trees/buildings etc...
Just imagine if you were over some water and you had "land" selected...these do not make good submarines!
2015-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules