WARNING: Think twice before buying Care Refresh - absolutely awful!
517 8 2021-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pavaks
lvl.1

Switzerland

Just want to warn everyone about an absolute awful experience I am having with DJI Support.
I've bought their DJI Care Refresh Express and had to use it because Mavic Air 2 kept giving me an error about gimbal being stuck, even though physically everything seemed fine (no damage). So I paid an extra fee and sent my drone to them on June 10th. It is now July 16th and I am still waiting for the replacement drone with no indication from them when they will send me a replacement.

Numerous emails over the past few weeks and every time DJI keeps telling me:Let me express my deepest apologies for all the inconvenience this has caused you. I know that this is not the kind of experience you are expecting from us. We perfectly understand your disappointments and your frustrations and I would feel the same way if I were in your situation.

But do absolutely NOTHING about it. Which is actually even more frustrating as it looks they just copy & paste text without really meaning it or intending to resolve an issue. The EU Support team looks to be based in China/Philippines as they always respond in the midle of the night.

I am scheduled to go on holiday in 1 week time for which I was really looking to use my drone. And never thought I would be in this situation after more than a month. What's ironic is that the service called EXPRESS. Perhaps different standards of what express means between DJI and the rest of the world.

I had a look at the forum and found multiple similar frustrations with DJI Care. So let this be a warning to all of you who are thinking whether to purchase Care Refresh or not. DJI may just keep your drone and fail to send you replacement as promised.

Absolutely awful and never expected from DJI.
2021-7-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We're terribly sorry to know about your recent experience. We are saddened that you have to go all through this. We understand your frustration. For some customers, a lack of customer support is a deal breaker, and that’s completely understandable. I'll make sure to communicate urgently with the relevant team in resolving this case at the soonest time possible. Surely, I will keep an eye to the situation. We wish for more of your patience and understanding.

2021-7-16
Use props
redbassett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197510 ft
United States

You definitely aren't alone! I've had past support experiences where they were clearly reading a script and not actually doing anything to address my issue. Diana's response above is a perfect example of this, she assures you they are sorry and will look into it, and you will get the same response they already gave you.

I've just posted about my own experience with support. While it isn't about care refresh, it is the same sort of experience, where they keep telling me they cannot do anything because my drone is out of warranty despite the support request having nothing to do with a warranty: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=246367
2021-7-16
Use props
mfries78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4615243 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I had the same problems with my air2s with the same error I gave it to the store I had bought it in and got it back after 14 days made on warranty and completely free
2021-7-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mfries78 Posted at 7-16 20:59
I had the same problems with my air2s with the same error I gave it to the store I had bought it in and got it back after 14 days made on warranty and completely free

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused you. Please feel free to contact us if you have encountered any problems, we are willing to help.
2021-7-17
Use props
djiuser_9An5S16ztLbi
New

Germany

Hello
I thought about Care Refresh and decided to buy the package.
I activated my Mini 2 about 47 hours ago. Now the website tells me that the deadline has passed. Very annoying. No possibility to contact the support. Was it a Mistake Buying DJI?
2021-11-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_9An5S16ztLbi Posted at 11-19 07:24
Hello
I thought about Care Refresh and decided to buy the package.
I activated my Mini 2 about 47 hours ago. Now the website tells me that the deadline has passed. Very annoying. No possibility to contact the support. Was it a Mistake Buying DJI?

Hi there, as per checking, the drone was activated on 17th November. If it had exceeded 48 hours of activation, then it is not able to bind to the DJI Care Refresh directly.
However, you can send us a verification video to demonstrate that the drone is working well, then you will be able to bind the DJI Care Refresh to the drone. Please take a look at https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload for further info. Hope this is informative for you.

Should there be any other issues, please feel free to send us an email to djicare@dji.com, our corresponding team will help to check and follow up on it. Thanks.
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_9An5S16ztLbi
New

Germany

To be fair, I have to mention something here.
The support responded to the above entry and offered me a video verification. This also worked on the second attempt. Now I was able to take out the care package. Thanks and greets
atk69
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_9An5S16ztLbi Posted at 11-21 09:10
To be fair, I have to mention something here.
The support responded to the above entry and offered me a video verification. This also worked on the second attempt. Now I was able to take out the care package. Thanks and greets
atk69

Thanks for your update, glad to know that everything went smoothly. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know. Safe and happy flying.
2021-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules