Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Apple M1 support for DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series)
5746 18 2021-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
truespin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Currently the DJI Assistant 2.1.1 (DJI FPV series) doesn't work for Apple's M1 Macs - which is roughly half of all the Macs Apple sells. This is due to a incompatibility with the Horndis extension used for tethering the devices. There is a complicated fix in the github for Horndis https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS/issues/135#issuecomment-820281568 - please can this get fixed and rolled ito a new build of DJI Assistant for Macs?
2021-7-16
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

just order an old PC that is compatible for updates
2021-7-16
Use props
MHerm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18845 ft
Netherlands

Sorry but what kind of backwards suggestion us that. Spend money for an old pc just so you can update. I think it's DJI's responsibility to make sure that their products work on a platform that most their users will be on most likely especially seeing how apple will stick to their no architecture.
2021-7-16
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It worked for me. The fix wasn't all too complicated (don't even remember it clearly) but I agree: they should just build it in.
2021-7-16
Use props
fansfdeb5437
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467795 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Hello, it worked for me on iMac M1
2021-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific issue did you experience with the said software? Are you experiencing some issues downloading the software? Or you can download it but having issues connecting the device? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-16
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought M1 Macs ran a conversion on none native applications?

Assistant has been a bit tricky when running on a Mac for a while the Hordis part of it is terrible.

Notwithstanding that, DJI are in no way obligated to support different CPU architectures, it’s up to you to ensure the computer you are using is supported.
2021-7-18
Use props
MarcelN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2307733 ft
Netherlands

Interesting, I'll take a look for it, having problems to load firmware.
2021-7-18
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 7-18 01:25
I thought M1 Macs ran a conversion on none native applications?

Assistant has been a bit tricky when running on a Mac for a while the Hordis part of it is terrible.

If the user was asking DJI to support an old processor I would agree with you.  However, I think it is save to expect DJI to support current hardware and OS for product.  As such, I do not feel this comment is a good comment;.  It is DJI's responsibility to support current hardware for the products they sell.
2021-7-21
Use props
truespin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any news on a fix for this? Apple's M1 chip (now found in almost the entire current product line of Macs) and the two most recent versions of macOS (11.6 & 11.7) don't appear to be supported by DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), it's not helpful having to keep an old Intel Mac around just for updating my Goggles & drones.
2021-11-27
Use props
konzeptzwei
lvl.1

Germany

truespin Posted at 2021-11-27 03:08
Any news on a fix for this? Apple's M1 chip (now found in almost the entire current product line of Macs) and the two most recent versions of macOS (11.6 & 11.7) don't appear to be supported by DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), it's not helpful having to keep an old Intel Mac around just for updating my Goggles & drones.

Quite frankly it's ridiculous! I read this thread half a year ago an now I received my newest Mac M1Max and I thought naively that DJI did get their act together by now. But even the newest driver (2021-12-10) does not work with 11.0 and 12.0 – the only info you get is that they will change it in a future update. When will that be!? 2022, 23, 24? Hey DJI, at least give us a rough estimate for petes sake!
2022-1-2
Use props
djiuser_jz5wSQmGpUwu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112989 ft
Peru

#DJI para cuándo tendremos una solución?, resulta increíble que no actualicen para su compatibilidad con los procesadores M1
2022-1-5
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI has shown for years that they don't really care about customers. They just want to sell you a new drone every year, with new batteries, a new remote control and so on.... So that everything always has to be bought new and you can't reuse older batteries or remotes!

The fact that such a company doesn't care that it doesn't even support the latest Apple Macs or macOS systems is proof that this antisocial company only wants your money and certainly doesn't want to offer good support for the customers.

Enough is enough!
2022-4-17
Use props
fansc03e6e14
lvl.3
Flight distance : 486503 ft
Brazil

So, where's the M1 macOS Monterey support for the DJI Assistant 2????
2022-7-27
Use props
dm707
lvl.1
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2021-7-18 01:25
I thought M1 Macs ran a conversion on none native applications?

Assistant has been a bit tricky when running on a Mac for a while the Hordis part of it is terrible.

They aren't obligated to do anything but Macs will all be based on the new chips within the next 1-2 years (new Mac sales) so they'd effectively be ruling out a great number of customers. They are a large company and should be able to support it with their software.
2022-8-10
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I do not believe that Horndis is an issue. Horndis is used for an alternate connection to Android devices. What is an Issue however is that Macs with USB 3.0 and above ports have issues with a lot of DJI Products. Use a USB 2.0 Hub and you should be fine.
2022-8-19
Use props
truespin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 8-19 21:26
I do not believe that Horndis is an issue. Horndis is used for an alternate connection to Android devices. What is an Issue however is that Macs with USB 3.0 and above ports have issues with a lot of DJI Products. Use a USB 2.0 Hub and you should be fine.

bjr981s, You are incorrect; my Intel MacBook Pro (running Big Sur) also has USB 3.0 Type C connections but this laptop does work with the DJI app. The issue is 100% that Apple's ARM-based Mx chips and the two (very soon to be three) most recent Operating Systems from Apple are not supported by DJI *still*. This rules out literally any Apple HW purchased since October 2020...
But also, if the issue was to do with USB type C, that is STILL because DJI is not following the correct specs for their Type C connections... Type C is not new (has been used by Apple for 7 years now), there's little reason to defend DJI for not correctly supporting this spec after all this time. e.g. I'd LOVE to be able to charge my goggle's battery via USB PD, but instead am limited to using a regular-speed USB connection.
Will be interesting to see if any of this is resolved when the new goggles & FPV drone are released, but I'll not hold my breath.
2022-8-19
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is interesting, I have an M1 IMac and DJI assistant works just fine for me with my DJI FPV drone, 12 Air Unit Lites (vista) and 1 Air unit.  When I get home I will look at the version I have loaded but it works.
2022-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

truespin Posted at 8-19 23:45
bjr981s, You are incorrect; my Intel MacBook Pro (running Big Sur) also has USB 3.0 Type C connections but this laptop does work with the DJI app. The issue is 100% that Apple's ARM-based Mx chips and the two (very soon to be three) most recent Operating Systems from Apple are not supported by DJI *still*. This rules out literally any Apple HW purchased since October 2020...
But also, if the issue was to do with USB type C, that is STILL because DJI is not following the correct specs for their Type C connections... Type C is not new (has been used by Apple for 7 years now), there's little reason to defend DJI for not correctly supporting this spec after all this time. e.g. I'd LOVE to be able to charge my goggle's battery via USB PD, but instead am limited to using a regular-speed USB connection.
Will be interesting to see if any of this is resolved when the new goggles & FPV drone are released, but I'll not hold my breath.

I have a 15" Intel Based MacBook Pro Max spec it it has USB 3.0. Assistant 2 will not recognise any DJI USB insertion.

It will however recognise the connection when connected by an unpowered USB hub.

My Intel iMac Pro behaves exactly the same way It will not accept a connection to the native USB ports on the machine.

On it I have 4 thunderbolt 4 Hubs with USB3.0 and 4.0 and the iMac recognises DJI products plugged into them

Please note I never mentioned USB-C of any version. I only connect to Macs with USB Type 1.

2022-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules