Battery leaked but working and showing all OK
1422 11 2021-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Croatpilot83
lvl.1

Croatia

Hi

I know most of people will emediatelly will say to toss this battery, and i will probably, but why this happened? I dont fly drone for alot time it was hard time for me during covid and i did not fly almoust a whole year, then i decided to fly and i did not charge my battery 100%, i took it from charger and put it to drone, probably i ruined battery like that, i saw in my screen notice Battery some error, i puted drone down swaped battery and then after many days i realized battery leaked few mini drops, barely visible inside of drone like few small dots and on battery contact place small small dots, i noticed today, after 2 months. so i charged battery normal, i was testing tempatura, voltages of cells, all is perfect, now really angry, in my country battery is like 150 EUR, so angry, is any idea can this battery be tested more to see is it ok with cells? can it be used at all? I will try to charge and discharge it with drone few times, flying like 1m above grond and then again see, is it possible to work again normal if it does not have voltage drop downs, or errors, not swallen, if not leaking anymore...

2021-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. In this case, I will strongly recommend not to use this battery and much better to get a new one for your own safety and avoid any further damage to the unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How would leakage get to the places you show?
Is it leakage or an external contaminant?
2021-7-17
Use props
Croatpilot83
lvl.1

Croatia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-17 01:54
How would leakage get to the places you show?
Is it leakage or an external contaminant?

I dont have a clue, thats why i posted here, I know i did not use battery long, then i had to take pics of my friend and i charge the battery like 60% i took it out of charger put it to drone and then i got one time only battery error, I dont see it in flight log (help!?)

And yesterday i wanted to go fly drone in one nice beach and i saw in dron contact outside of plastic like small small drip like in pictures of battery and in battery as shown.

I dont have a clue, thats why i posted here what is here so wrong, battery has only 19 cycles of charging, and in all parameters it gives 15.1 v, and all cells show 3.77V x 4
2021-7-17
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Croatpilot83 Posted at 7-17 03:49
I dont have a clue, thats why i posted here, I know i did not use battery long, then i had to take pics of my friend and i charge the battery like 60% i took it out of charger put it to drone and then i got one time only battery error, I dont see it in flight log (help!?)

And yesterday i wanted to go fly drone in one nice beach and i saw in dron contact outside of plastic like small small drip like in pictures of battery and in battery as shown.

Maybe someone spilled coffee on the drone and was afraid you would kill him.
A few spots were then overlooked during the panicked cleaning. This is how it looks to me.
2021-7-17
Use props
Croatpilot83
lvl.1

Croatia

FloridaNext Posted at 7-17 04:05
Maybe someone spilled coffee on the drone and was afraid you would kill him.
A few spots were then overlooked during the panicked cleaning. This is how it looks to me.

Yeah, but i read alot about losing the bird because of faulty battery, I wish there is some test for them...so sad i have to throw it away, it charges normaly, it does not get heat at all, normal all look even status of battery, i will fly 2 times more drone with it in soft area, so if it mailfunction it does not do damage to drone, look this in picture, looks all normal.

How battery can "leak" and then again work. honestly dont have a clue. Anyone?
2021-7-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The attached shows the insides of an M2 battery, the battery was bought as dead and  the shell has been dismantled for several months, the cells are still bone dry.
To be honest given where they are I think your leakages looks like something spilt etc. on the battery rather than leakages.
I would be inclined to hover the drone, low over something soft, from fully charged until it reaches your normally landing level, several times and see how it performs.
M2 battery shell.jpg
2021-7-17
Use props
Croatpilot83
lvl.1

Croatia

I will do that 100%, I had battery error after i was charging it and puted from charger 60% (I was in hurry) and it happened then, I dont think it is spilt, it is from contacts of battery and battery itself as you can see.  I did not understand well this with your battery? (i am Croat)
What this picture want to saY?

Thank you alot
2021-7-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The picture of the opened battery case is meant to show that I see no path for liquid to get from the cells to the marks that you show in you photos.
2021-7-26
Use props
Croatpilot83
lvl.1

Croatia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-26 13:42
The picture of the opened battery case is meant to show that I see no path for liquid to get from the cells to the marks that you show in you photos.

Thank you! i will do at least 5-10 more cycles with safe flying and see what is happening if battery will be still showing again all voltage and all ok what then? (i will buy another battery when it will be on sale because i dont fly so much and drone with 1 battery can fly 30min)

Can you give me your advice more how much days do you set your batteries to automatic discharge? Mine are set to 2 days? Unfortunatelly last year it was so hard for me and i did not fly drone for months. What is your best opinione how to store it, i think it is best to fly it at least one time in every month or two? let me see your axperience and advice.
2021-7-27
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Croatpilot83 Posted at 7-27 06:11
Thank you! i will do at least 5-10 more cycles with safe flying and see what is happening if battery will be still showing again all voltage and all ok what then? (i will buy another battery when it will be on sale because i dont fly so much and drone with 1 battery can fly 30min)

Can you give me your advice more how much days do you set your batteries to automatic discharge? Mine are set to 2 days? Unfortunatelly last year it was so hard for me and i did not fly drone for months. What is your best opinione how to store it, i think it is best to fly it at least one time in every month or two? let me see your axperience and advice.

Hi there Croat pilot. Since last update a few months ago, I noticed that the setting for discharging the battery was 2 days down to 72%, which I think is good. The batteries for Mavic 2 pro zoom is the same as for Mavic 2 Pro. From many comments here, it seams it is a suggestion to fully charge the batteries once every 3 month and let the automatically dis charge 2 days after that. This is what DJI now says.
2021-7-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would just toss the battery and not take any chances.
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules