CINE MODE way too fast
5702 24 2021-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3
United States

WHEN will DJI dial down the speed for the Mavic Mini in CINE mode....comparing it to the Spark in Tripod mode, this is ridiculously fast!!!

There needs to be an update to allow CINE mode to be used for that exact purpose!!!

DJI PLEASE TAKE NOTE! I've seen so many people talk about Yaw speeds in Cine mode etc...please dial down the overall speed for all functions (left right up down and yaws).
2021-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The speed of the said feature is different between the DJI Spark and DJI Mavic Mini. On the DJI Spark, the maximum flight speed is limited to 2.2mph (3.6kph) while on the DJI Mavic Mini the Cinesmooth mode maximum flight speed is 4 m/s, max ascent speed is 1.5 m/s, and descent speed is 1 m/s. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-16
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 19:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The speed of the said feature is different between the DJI Spark and DJI Mavic Mini. On the DJI Spark, the maximum flight speed is limited to 2.2mph (3.6kph) while on the DJI Mavic Mini the Cinesmooth mode maximum flight speed is 4 m/s, max ascent speed is 1.5 m/s, and descent speed is 1 m/s. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Exactly. Wih sticks maxxed out the Spark goes slower than the mini giving much smoother cinematic/dolly type shots.

If DJI are going to label the Mini mode "CINE" it must be useable...and this is coming from a filmmaker.
2021-7-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.   
2021-7-17
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

You can actually tune it down using DH Desktop Application.
My video is about Air 2S, but I think your drone should work with similar techniques:
2021-7-17
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Check the video out.
2021-7-17
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3
United States

The video only mentions Mini SE and Mini 2 at 1.25/7.06 ??

Can anyone verify this is possible for the Mini???
ALSO, why do consumers have to revert to 3rd Party Hacks to do things it should already do. It's like DJI purposely hinder flying! Cine mode should be exactly that! Maybe DJI need to consult with some cinematographers/DP/Camera operators to understand the term and function more. Otherwise just call it SLIGHTLY SLOWER THAN "P" MODE!
2021-7-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Steven Hawthorne Posted at 7-16 22:28
Exactly. Wih sticks maxxed out the Spark goes slower than the mini giving much smoother cinematic/dolly type shots.

If DJI are going to label the Mini mode "CINE" it must be useable...and this is coming from a filmmaker.

Thank you. Will keep you posted once we have information about the said request. Cheers!
2021-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-17 04:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxsQzRDzD4M
Check the video out.

hmm,  I wonder if this works on macOS too?
2021-7-17
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Japan

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 23:49
hmm,  I wonder if this works on macOS too?

Short answer, yes.
2021-7-18
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Japan

If you tweak both g_config.mode_tripod_cfg.rc_scale & mode_tripod_cfg_tilt_atti_range to LEFT MOST , click save on both, write parameters, then you can get this speed, 0.7m/s.

However it might be a little bit too slow sometimes lol.
屏幕截图 2021-07-19 012551.jpg
2021-7-18
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the update.... again goes to prove how easy it would be for DJI to let us do this in their app.

So looks like I need to download the hack software and do this.

Thanks DJI!

2021-7-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just tried it and it appears the DJI Assistant doesn't support the last few releases of macOS.
2021-7-18
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Japan

DAFlys Posted at 7-18 22:53
Just tried it and it appears the DJI Assistant doesn't support the last few releases of macOS.

DJI Assistant is not necessary in this process.
2021-7-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-18 23:19
DJI Assistant is not necessary in this process.

Clearly says in the video that you need the assistant,  Im assuming it needs it for the driver to talk to the drone.
2021-7-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its in this slide

2021-7-18
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Japan

Sorry for the confusion. I made that video, and the reason that I mentioned the DA2 is that you can use it to simulate the drone before actual flying. It's more convenient but not necessary

If you just want to tune down the max speed, you only need to do the DH desktop application part. And then you can try the speed out in your yard or some place.

Nice flying!
2021-7-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-18 23:33
Sorry for the confusion. I made that video, and the reason that I mentioned the DA2 is that you can use it to simulate the drone before actual flying. It's more convenient but not necessary

If you just want to tune down the max speed, you only need to do the DH desktop application part. And then you can try the speed out in your yard or some place.

Mine fails to connect and when I check the drone works website I see this.  I think they use the HoRNDIS driver that comes with DA2 but doesn't work yet in Bug Sur.

2021-7-18
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Japan

I'd share my parameters here:

1. search for tripod
2. find "g_config.mode_tripod_cfg.rc_scale"
3. set the value to 0.1
4. CLICK "SAVE".
5. CLICK "WRITE PARAMETERS TO DRONE"

6. find "mode_tripod_cfg_tilt_atti_range"
7. set the value to 15
8. CLICK "SAVE"
9. CLICK "WRITE PARAMETERS TO DRONE"

This gives you the maximum speed of about 1m/s
2021-7-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-18 23:48

1. search for tripod

That might help if it could connect to the drone,   I think I will have to dig out a windows PC for it,  the only VM I have running on this Mac is Windows 11.
2021-7-18
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Japan

DAFlys Posted at 7-18 23:58
That might help if it could connect to the drone,   I think I will have to dig out a windows PC for it,  the only VM I have running on this Mac is Windows 11.

It might work in VM + Windows 11, though I'm not sure. Are you on M1 Mac? If so then it might be a bit trickier. Otherwise you can always try bootcamp maybe.
2021-7-19
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Japan

DAFlys Posted at 7-18 23:58
That might help if it could connect to the drone,   I think I will have to dig out a windows PC for it,  the only VM I have running on this Mac is Windows 11.

According to this official post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 772&pid=2418672

You can try the method mentioned above, to install DA2 for Enterprise first. It has a working RNDIS driver. And then install DA2 for consumer drones or DH desktop app. Maybe have a try?
2021-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-19 00:03
It might work in VM + Windows 11, though I'm not sure. Are you on M1 Mac? If so then it might be a bit trickier. Otherwise you can always try bootcamp maybe.

Getting rid of bootcamp is a real pain,   I'll dig out a windows laptop later.
2021-7-19
Use props
Steven.nguyen
lvl.1

Vietnam

FriedChicken_II Posted at 2021-7-18 09:28
[view_image]

If you tweak both g_config.mode_tripod_cfg.rc_scale & mode_tripod_cfg_tilt_atti_range to LEFT MOST , click save on both, write parameters, then you can get this speed, 0.7m/s.

I'm using MA2, I edited both g_config.mode_tripod_cfg.rc_scale & mode_tripod_cfg_tilt_atti_range. But after restart MA2, "g_config.mode_tripod_cfg.rc_scale" alway return default 3,xx value. Have any option to fix?
2023-2-26
Use props
Steven.nguyen
lvl.1

Vietnam

FriedChicken_II Posted at 2021-7-18 23:48

1. search for tripod

I'm using MA2, I edited both g_config.mode_tripod_cfg.rc_scale & mode_tripod_cfg_tilt_atti_range. But after restart MA2, "g_config.mode_tripod_cfg.rc_scale" alway return default 3,xx value. Have any option to fix?
2023-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules