Major Drifting
868 2 2015-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

P2V+.  Used to be rock solid. I mean this thing would sit in space and it was almost eerie how still it was.

One day I went to fly and it just started drifting. Mostly backwards and a little to the right. I didn't calibrate my compass that day.  Went home. Next flight, calibrated compass. Same drift.  Now I've taken out my level, calibrated IMU. Took it out, calibrated compass. SAME DRIFT!

Any help? Should I check values against known norms? Any good suggestions welcome!

Thanks!
2015-7-23
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

If the IMU was satisfactory and compass calibrated then do it one more time. If the result is the same this next time then I have but one recommendation.  Check the idle and full speed rpm's of each motor. The drift if IMU and compass are good and all,props are good can only mean that one of the motors is pushing less rpm and the other s are higher causing a Sam drift of 1-2 meters. The GPS compensates so it kind of slides around but works itself back. Most likely the signs of a ESC slacking. Or s bearing starting to seize. If calibrations are ok then it has to be hardware. These are the steps I would take. Hope you can isolate it. If you don't have a Laser Rpm tester they can be picked up for around 20.00 on eBay.
2015-7-23
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-7-24 11:01
If the IMU was satisfactory and compass calibrated then do it one more time. If the result is the sa ...

Thanks.  I'll give it another calibration tonight and see what happens.  And I'll order an RPM tester.
2015-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules