Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
(MINI 2) - What will happend ?
1042 12 2021-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BWJ
lvl.4

Denmark

Let's say you fly full speed ahead and the mini 2 loses the signal, will it then continue at full speed for a while before going up to RTH altitude and returning home, or will it stop immediately when the signal is lost?

2021-7-16
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the controller loses signal w/ the drone from either the app crashing or transmission link loss it eventually stops.
2021-7-16
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good question. I think it will stop immediately if there is no controller signal, the same as if you had released the sticks.
2021-7-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

If it loses controller, it stops, backs up 50 meters trying to regain signal. If it does not regain, then it engages RTH.
2021-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally also if there is a strong GPS signal on the location, Failsafe RTH automatically activates after the remote controller signal is lost for more than 11 seconds. You may change the settings on how the aircraft responds when the RC signal is lost. You can set it as RTH, Hover, or Land. Please note that the aircraft will not execute Failsafe RTH if land or hover has been selected in the settings. In addition. The aircraft cannot return to the Home Point if the GPS signal is weak or unavailable. If the GPS signal becomes weak or unavailable after the RTH is triggered, the aircraft will hover in place for a while before landing. Hope this helps. Thank you!
2021-7-16
Use props
BWJ
lvl.4

Denmark

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 19:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally also if there is a strong GPS signal on the location, Failsafe RTH automatically activates after the remote controller signal is lost for more than 11 seconds. You may change the settings on how the aircraft responds when the RC signal is lost. You can set it as RTH, Hover, or Land. Please note that the aircraft will not execute Failsafe RTH if land or hover has been selected in the settings. In addition. The aircraft cannot return to the Home Point if the GPS signal is weak or unavailable. If the GPS signal becomes weak or unavailable after the RTH is triggered, the aircraft will hover in place for a while before landing. Hope this helps. Thank you!

thanks for the answer, but what I thought was important is what the Mini 2 does in the 11 seconds you mention
2021-7-16
Use props
BWJ
lvl.4

Denmark

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-16 16:19
If it loses controller, it stops, backs up 50 meters trying to regain signal. If it does not regain, then it engages RTH.

Thanks, that was a good answer
2021-7-16
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

You can also test this by flying 100 meters away in S mode, turning until you can see the drone well and then switching off the RC while the right control stick is pushed forward. The drone will surely stop immediately, hover for 11 seconds and then initiate the RTH as GaryDoug said. Fly back 50 meters? Rather not.
2021-7-17
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

It depends on the actual situation. Sometimes it's just the video signal that is lost, and the RC link is still working. In this case it might not RTH unless you order it to do so. If it lost all signal, then it would hover and wait for a few seconds, and then try to retrace the flight path during the last seconds before connection dropped. If it cannot regain connection after that, then it would initiate RTH.
2021-7-17
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

It stops decelerating at normal speed, like when you release the stick, so it travels a few meters. It doesn't "brake" like it does when you press the pause button.

2021-7-17
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

jonny007 Posted at 7-17 02:02
You can also test this by flying 100 meters away in S mode, turning until you can see the drone well and then switching off the RC while the right control stick is pushed forward. The drone will surely stop immediately, hover for 11 seconds and then initiate the RTH as GaryDoug said. Fly back 50 meters? Rather not.

" Fly back 50 meters?"

I was unsure about that myself since I did not use my Mini 2 for long before giving it away. But the manual says it does retrace it's path in reverse for 50 meters and then rise and resume straight line RTH. I think the assumption is that it should regain comms at that position. That is different from the Mini.
2021-7-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BWJ Posted at 7-16 22:30
thanks for the answer, but what I thought was important is what the Mini 2 does in the 11 seconds you mention

We will forward this to our designated team for further clarification. Will keep you posted. Thank you!
2021-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you lose RC signal it will stop wait and depending what drone you own will preform RTH according to your settings and and manual instructions. If your app crashes you will still have control and if in VLOS you can fly perfectly through your own vision.
2021-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules