D-RTK2 Set-up
952 4 2021-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jmartin
lvl.1
Japan

Hello everyone¡¡¡

I am a land surveyor and I have been watching the D-RTK2 tutorials and I still have doubts about the process.
As I understood, there are two work modes (coordinates referred) with this equipment. First of all, of course you need to activate and link the RTK Station but after that you could wait for the antenna to show fixed solution or you could indicate manually the station coordinates.

With the first option, I am not sure about how we get the RTK corrections. Is RTK solution network connection (and internet access) required?

On the other hand, we could indicate the known coordinates of the RTK station location. If I'm not wrong, this is the process that I used to use on the land surveying RTK workflow (with known station location and without RTK Network solution).

Anybody has experience about that?

Thanks.

2021-7-16
Use props
AttitudeImaging
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1068150 ft
Australia

Hi. The D-RTK2 "is" the correction service. You must place it on a known point and enter its exact position from within the software or  offset it from a known point then correct the offset in post processing. See the "Aerotas" workflow tutorial. Check it on google. If you already have a correction service via internet (mobile) then you do not need the D-RTK2 for that mission as the P4RTK will get the correction signal via your mobile device.
You can not input a correction service to the D-RTK2. It seems there were plans to allow for this later down the track, there is even a spot for a SIM card but DJI do not seem to have progressed it at all. The D-RTK2 basically has a great GPS that gives a position within 2m. You can only input your 'known' coordinates if the D-RTK2 is within 2m of where you say it is.

As I have access to a correction service at most sites I go to, the D-RTK2 has simply not been out of the box and used in anger. I have needed to go and purchase a trimble to lay GCP's down as checkpoints for post processing verification. The P4RTK with a correction servioce is very accurate though and I am regualrly getting sub 2cm accuracy xyz.

2021-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the network connection is not required, but you need to manually enter the station coordinate. Should you have any further inquiries, you may also contact http://www.dji.com/support for help.
2021-7-18
Use props
Jmartin
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-18 19:57
Hi there, the network connection is not required, but you need to manually enter the station coordinate. Should you have any further inquiries, you may also contact http://www.dji.com/support for help.

Hi,

Thank you for your answers. Finally, I have worked using D-RTK2 as GPS Base station with previously measured coordinates. That run but when I have adjusted the coordinates (less than 5m difference), on the remote controller a message appears indicating that there is a problem with the RTK sensor.

In that moment I have reset the drone and check again the adjusted coordinates.

Is that message normal?

Regards.
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jmartin Posted at 7-27 15:45
Hi,

Thank you for your answers. Finally, I have worked using D-RTK2 as GPS Base station with previously measured coordinates. That run but when I have adjusted the coordinates (less than 5m difference), on the remote controller a message appears indicating that there is a problem with the RTK sensor.

Hi Jmartin, in order to locate the issue, could you please provide us a picture to check said error message? Thank you.
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules