Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Geo zone not showing all no fly zones
3542 6 2021-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grahamaphone
lvl.1
United States

I was flying to day and was informed that I am not allowed to fly over parks in my area but that doesn't show up in the app and I don't know how else to give feed back
2021-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may check the said location on this link DJI GEO ZONE MAP. Once you are in a restricted zone, you may unlock the specific location using this link https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list. Hope this helps. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-7-16
Use props
grahamaphone
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 21:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may check the said location on this link DJI GEO ZONE MAP. Once you are in a restricted zone, you may unlock the specific location using this link https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list. Hope this helps. Thank you for your continued support!

thats not the issue the issue is its a no fly that's not showing up
2021-7-17
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

grahamaphone Posted at 7-17 12:12

Then you "can" fly there unless you want to pull up Airdata and not fly.  Not supposed to fly in the park because someone could get hit but advancements in drone tech have gone up so much since DIY that they are, at least with DJI, extremely reliable.
2021-7-17
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Informed by whom? The FAA controls the airspace and not States, counties, or local municipalities; they can only control take off/landing areas. From what I have gathered DJI gets it fly zone data from the governing air authority and that is probably why DJI is not showing the airspace as a no fly zone.
2021-7-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

grahamaphone Posted at 7-17 12:12

You may contact the local authorities to verify if you can fly to the said location. Thank you!
2021-7-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If its a national park they can moan about you taking off or landing in them but you can technically fly over them if you have permission from a land owner nearby to take off.
2021-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules