Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mini 2 Active Track HACK

2021-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have found with us here at DJI Forum. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2021-7-18
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-18 20:18
Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have found with us here at DJI Forum. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.

Thank you for that automated computer assisted reply, Moderator!
2021-8-5
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Sorta pathetic that the company can build a drone, but not equip it for all it's capable of.  
Why they do this, so you have to upgrade to a bigger drone, but then what's left out of that programming to upsell you again?  Shifty.  Dishonest.  Crooked.
I'm selling my DJI product and buying from a company that knows customer service, and actually helps people.
2021-8-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 8-11 10:50
Sorta pathetic that the company can build a drone, but not equip it for all it's capable of.  
Why they do this, so you have to upgrade to a bigger drone, but then what's left out of that programming to upsell you again?  Shifty.  Dishonest.  Crooked.
I'm selling my DJI product and buying from a company that knows customer service, and actually helps people.

Its just selling features at a price point,  no different to buying a car really.
2021-8-11
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-11 23:28
Its just selling features at a price point,  no different to buying a car really.

That's the problem though, you're wrong.  Show me a mini2 that has the upsell option to add waypoint management and automated flight routes.  It can do it, but their software does not allow it.

If I go buy a car, I can choose; color-exterior, color-interior, dual or single exhaust, turbo package, upgraded wheels, upgrade engine, and ... pay for customization.

Your example falls flat.

DJI thinks if I want waypoint management, I need to buy a bigger more expensive drone that they allow those features on.  So, it's a marketing ploy to up-sell you, bottom line.  That is not putting the customers needs and wants first, that's putting wanted features on more expensive drones, because they have no competition(for now) and want you to pay deep.
2021-8-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 8-12 07:17
That's the problem though, you're wrong.  Show me a mini2 that has the upsell option to add waypoint management and automated flight routes.  It can do it, but their software does not allow it.

If I go buy a car, I can choose; color-exterior, color-interior, dual or single exhaust, turbo package, upgraded wheels, upgrade engine, and ... pay for customization.

Except that there are options not available on some cars in the range that force you to buy a more expensive car in the range to get that feature.     Take cruise control,   if I buy the entry model Ford KA+, its not available ( it could do it,  its just software) but instead I have to purchase a Fiesta or better and even then not the entry level version of those cars.
2021-8-12
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-12 07:34
Except that there are options not available on some cars in the range that force you to buy a more expensive car in the range to get that feature.     Take cruise control,   if I buy the entry model Ford KA+, its not available ( it could do it,  its just software) but instead I have to purchase a Fiesta or better and even then not the entry level version of those cars.

( it could do it,  its just software)

precisely my point
2021-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules