Firmware Suggestions
1841 21 2021-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Hi,

I don’t know if there’s already a thread about this topic. I've search for it but I dind’t find any, if there’s one let know.

I created this thread for the community to give suggestions what they would like to have in future firmwares.

One thing I would like to have it’s a way to do a vortex in tilt mode or in lock mode. I know it can be done with the fpv mode, but in fpv  mode the camera follows every movement and sometimes it’s not that  simple, at least for me. I don’t know if it can be done, but I leave a  suggestion.

Thank you.

2021-7-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Could it be that enabling the Pocket 2 to take direct power from AC adapter instead of recharging the battery while in use could prevent overheating when shooting longer? If so, that could be helpful.
2021-7-17
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Norway

Firmware suggestions it are lot of now, and good ones as well. The only missing is the firmware itself... I get quite sceptical if such firmware update it may come ever out, before the Pocket 3...
2021-7-17
Use props
wguzman
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

They won’t do anything we have posted suggestion about features and annoying bugs that has plagued this device for months and we haven’t got a single firmware update in months
2021-7-17
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Yes, I am also a bit frustrated about the pocket 2, because I and a friend went for a walk in the mountains, he has the pocket one and because I've liked so much I bought the pocket 2... And honestly I find the osmo pocket has better exposure and I feel the video quality it's a bit better. He told it took some firmwares to reach that point... I'm hoping same as everyone, a firmware to correct those things.
2021-7-17
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

My suggestion will be: Update the firmware.
2021-7-18
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

alexmbraMav Posted at 7-18 16:43
My suggestion will be: Update the firmware.

Best suggestion ever.
2021-7-18
Use props
Nathan Acre
lvl.3
Israel

Coris Posted at 7-17 02:47
Firmware suggestions it are lot of now, and good ones as well. The only missing is the firmware itself... I get quite sceptical if such firmware update it may come ever out, before the Pocket 3...

if there is a new Samsung GN2 sensor and a new (powerful processor) from Ambarella, I'm ready to buy such a camera for 600 dollars.
2021-7-19
Use props
Nathan.L
lvl.2

Canada

I don't think a new firmware is ever gonna come out. I plan to sell the Pocket 2 before a Pocket 3 suddenly being released. Really regretted that I sold my original Pocket for this one.
2021-8-2
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Still no update whatbis dji doing?
2021-8-3
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

I just hope DJI don't abandon the Pocket 2 in terms of updating... Sure there's marketing, but if they release the pocket 3 with an abandoned pocket 2... For sure I'll not buy another DJI product... There's always alternatives in the market.
2021-8-3
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 8-3 07:06
I just hope DJI don't abandon the Pocket 2 in terms of updating... Sure there's marketing, but if they release the pocket 3 with an abandoned pocket 2... For sure I'll not buy another DJI product... There's always alternatives in the market.

That's exactly what I think.
Who could buy a new product knowing that it will be released with a bad firmware and that it will not be ever fixed completely?

Once DJI used to abandon they products only after an almost perfect firmware.
In my personal experience:
-Mavic Pro is almost perfect (the only remaining bug is the one with iOS, when rotating the drone and tilting the camera at the same time)
-Mavic Mini is perfect
-Osmo Pocket is almost perfect (only the focus hunting is remaining)
-Osmo Action is perfect (some frequently asked features are missing, but those present are perfect)
This is completely fine to me and I am very satisfied by these products.

Pocket 2 is, sadly, a different story.
2021-8-3
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 8-3 07:06

Pocket 1 support was phenomenal. They stopped updating Pocket 1 when they started to make Pocket 2. In this scenario it feels they are making Pocket 3 and abandoned Pocket 2 already, Maybe autumn gives us Pocket 3 since they are making better firmware/hardware based on our suggestions but not going to put it to the Pocket 2 anymore.

All the suggestions are considered as "what to sell more". This shows already in drones. Features that could be implemented to the earlier drones are only given to the new drones. The new products should be done using components already in the warehouse with software upgrades and minimal hardware changes.

This is just my speculation and knowing how money speaks.
2021-8-4
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Mgozer Posted at 8-3 22:55
That's exactly what I think.
Who could buy a new product knowing that it will be released with a bad firmware and that it will not be ever fixed completely?

I totally agree with you... A friend of mine as the Osmo Pocket... I loved the camera so much, it fells so perfect that I decided to buy the pocket 2... And I admit I'm a bit disappointed with it... I expected more from a bigger sensor... I feel the exposure it's much better in Osmo Pocket... It's my first DJI product, and I was thinking buying more products from them... But if the camera stays this way I'll look for alternatives... This way DJI it's given more strength to other brands...
2021-8-4
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Aavalaakso Posted at 8-4 00:16
Pocket 1 support was phenomenal. They stopped updating Pocket 1 when they started to make Pocket 2. In this scenario it feels they are making Pocket 3 and abandoned Pocket 2 already, Maybe autumn gives us Pocket 3 since they are making better firmware/hardware based on our suggestions but not going to put it to the Pocket 2 anymore.

All the suggestions are considered as "what to sell more". This shows already in drones. Features that could be implemented to the earlier drones are only given to the new drones. The new products should be done using components already in the warehouse with software upgrades and minimal hardware changes.

Yes, from what my friend told me and what I read the pocket 1 was phenomenal in terms of updating... It's a pity they didn't did the same in terms of the pocket 2... Specially in terms of the capability of the bigger sensor...
2021-8-4
Use props
MatB39
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334386 ft
United Kingdom

I've been buying DJI products for a few years now. Started with the first Osmo, then drones, then Osmo Mobile, now the Pocket 2. All the products feel great at the beginning and as expected the more you use them, the more bugs you find. That happens across the market but other companies do try and fix customer issues and roll out proper firmware updates much more frequently.

Most of the DJI products I have bought have "died" or even been outdated still having those issues and some of them wouldn't have been really hard to fix, at least in that time frame (from when you buy a brand new gadget and it gets outdated a couple of years down the line).

Take this mirror image in the Pocket 2 for example. When you enter selfie mode, no matter how you see the image on the screen or on your mobile, the image that is saved onto the sd card is mirrored. I've even seen some people complaining about this with the previous version, the Pocket 1. Threads have been posted, answered by moderators, all the stuff but still no solution and come on, it does not seem like something impossible to solve!

My hope is that they start listening to customers because sooner or later people will stop trusting the DJI brand and going to the competitors, and maybe even saving some money as well...
2021-8-10
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

MatB39 Posted at 8-10 13:25
I've been buying DJI products for a few years now. Started with the first Osmo, then drones, then Osmo Mobile, now the Pocket 2. All the products feel great at the beginning and as expected the more you use them, the more bugs you find. That happens across the market but other companies do try and fix customer issues and roll out proper firmware updates much more frequently.

Most of the DJI products I have bought have "died" or even been outdated still having those issues and some of them wouldn't have been really hard to fix, at least in that time frame (from when you buy a brand new gadget and it gets outdated a couple of years down the line).

Totally agree with you... That's what happens when a company has the monopoly in a specific area... At least in the competition I see them trying hard to get better... And probably companies with less money compared to DJI... Probably they're not better, but they are way more cheap... And for the price, I expected more.
2021-8-10
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

MatB39 Posted at 8-10 13:25

Yes. And after spending over 1000 euros for accessories frustration feels even stronger about the firmware.

Next Firmware Pocket 2 is getting is named as Pocket 3.
2021-8-11
Use props
MatB39
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334386 ft
United Kingdom

Just found another issue. With Mimo this time. Can film Slomo 8x and 4x with the Pocket 2 alone but when I connect it to the Mimo I can only film 4x.

An update to the app has been rolled out in the last few days but unfortunately it does not fix that issue. I can't believe that some features (like gimbal lock as well) are lost when connected to the phone. Shouldn't it be the other way round? ie. more features when two devices are connected since there is more processing resources?

Anyway, I guess love for the brand starts fading. Some days faster than others
2021-8-11
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

1. AE lock in automatic mode......

2. One inch or 4/3 censor DJI Pocket 3.
2021-8-26
Use props
Tau Myx
lvl.1
United States

Needs focus controls.  Nothing says unprofessional like not being able to control focus.  Just add Fixed Infinity, Fixed 12Ft, and Fixed Selfie to the two existing auto focus options and that will cover just about all subjects.
2021-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules