o(^-^)o
fans2981e763
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2953448 ft
United Kingdom

I just received a new MP2 that was unbound to the Rc
I chose ntsc instead of pal
Now when I shoot in 4K the footage stutters
I know it’s not the SD or my Mac as I already had an MP2 but it had a hardware issue and flew itself into a bridge and fell in a river
Anyway they sent a new one after looking at my flight records and seeing it wasn’t my fault
I checked the SD footage from before the accident and it was perfect
I’ve tried everything to fix it including installing a special program on my MacBook that’s plays any format
I need to unbind the Rc, and I’d like to do a factory reset on the drone too just incase it it’s been a bad firmware upload that’s causing the problem
I’ve a shoot on Wednesday so I don’t have time to take it back to the shop to be examined and either repaired/ replaced. I’d really love it if it’s the fact I chose ntsc not pal but I need to reset everything to get to that menu and I can’t find how to do that anywhere
Returning it to the shop Monday is my last option so I’d really like to get it done tomorrow/Sunday if possible
Please if anyone can help me I’d be super grateful or if anyone has had this problem so I know best course of action
Desperate plea for help here!
2021-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you filming in H265 rather than H264,   most computers cannot play h265 without stuttering.  
2021-7-18
Use props
captcannonball
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-18 23:41
Are you filming in H265 rather than H264,   most computers cannot play h265 without stuttering.

Id thought about that but ive no idea how to get to that menu, so my answer is I simply don't know.
I set it up straight from my new/old controller which only had 12-16 flights on and my other MP2 had no problems playing straight to the computer so I don't know how its happening on this one.
Ive spoken to place I got it from and as ive got to shoot 8am weds morning before the tide literally covers a road they've agreed to try to sort it or give me another new drone, or lend me one of there rentals.
I don't know where you are in the world but if you get this and are able to reply before tonight so I can try to swap it over to h264 if you know how to id really appreciate it as it will save me loads of hassle. its 13:23 uk time now here
cheers
Ben
2021-7-19
Use props
captcannonball
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-18 23:41

Hi, I remembered where the setting was and put in h264 and now its perfect!!!!!!!
Thank you soooooo much for your help u have saved me over 100 miles of driving  to the DJI shop and a full wasted day
total legend
Ben
2021-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

captcannonball@hotmail.com Posted at 7-19 04:24
Id thought about that but ive no idea how to get to that menu, so my answer is I simply don't know.
I set it up straight from my new/old controller which only had 12-16 flights on and my other MP2 had no problems playing straight to the computer so I don't know how its happening on this one.
Ive spoken to place I got it from and as ive got to shoot 8am weds morning before the tide literally covers a road they've agreed to try to sort it or give me another new drone, or lend me one of there rentals.

UK here too.

In video mode select the three sliders with the circles and select camera at the top.  From here you can set the video size, format and coding.  for max compatibility 4k 24fps in mp4 with h264 should work in the most places.

2021-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

captcannonball@hotmail.com Posted at 7-19 05:07
Hi, I remembered where the setting was and put in h264 and now its perfect!!!!!!!
Thank you soooooo much for your help u have saved me over 100 miles of driving  to the DJI shop and a full wasted day
total legend

Looks like I was too slow booting up the drone and getting you a screen shot.  
2021-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

captcannonball@hotmail.com Posted at 7-19 05:07
total legend

PS,  If you have h265 footage that doesn't play well you can use a free tool called handbrake to convert it to h264.   I was in the same boat in Lanzarote last year and that saved my bacon.
2021-7-19
Use props
captcannonball
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-19 05:10
PS,  If you have h265 footage that doesn't play well you can use a free tool called handbrake to convert it to h264.   I was in the same boat in Lanzarote last year and that saved my bacon.

I don't know if you have QuickTime player but you can load it on there select file , export as and you've 2 options, 1 option takes minutes to convert and 1 option takes hours. but in a pinch that works too.
speaking of Lanzarote , I moved when I was 20 to fuerteventura for 15 years to windsurf, I only came home because I broke my leg in over 32 places. that's where a German surgeon lost count of the fractures!
I was living the dream (well for the most part).
Now I go when I can and im supposed to be there now but I forgot to renew my bloody passport
2021-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

captcannonball@hotmail.com Posted at 7-19 05:17
I don't know if you have QuickTime player but you can load it on there select file , export as and you've 2 options, 1 option takes minutes to convert and 1 option takes hours. but in a pinch that works too.
speaking of Lanzarote , I moved when I was 20 to fuerteventura for 15 years to windsurf, I only came home because I broke my leg in over 32 places. that's where a German surgeon lost count of the fractures!
I was living the dream (well for the most part).

I have a Mac so QT is built in,  but handbrake give you a lot more options and a device list to target which can be helpful.

Id like to go to grand canaria next,  looks like an interesting mix of ecosystems there,  but I doubt that will be this year now due to the obvious.
2021-7-19
Use props
captcannonball
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-19 05:44
I have a Mac so QT is built in,  but handbrake give you a lot more options and a device list to target which can be helpful.

Id like to go to grand canaria next,  looks like an interesting mix of ecosystems there,  but I doubt that will be this year now due to the obvious.

thanks for that, I don't do the editing just check the footage before giving it to my dad and his company to use. I only have a commercial license as ive always liked rc stuff and windsurfing so when my dad came up with the idea of me flying a drone I thought it'd be cool and if he bought me the drone and paid for my license id give him the footage.

La Palma in the Canarias has the most diverse eco system, its the only island that didn't get pillaged for the trees for the Spanish Armada so the trees there are huge. its basically a jungle and is the only one of the Canarias that's still tropical as all the others are classed as semi tropical I believe
just make sure your not on it when 1 side slides into the ocean and creates the biggest tsunami that will ever be and it could happen at any time! literally !!!!! if it goes 1 way it takes out New York and if it gies the other way it'll take out most of the south of the uk. I ... you not!
2021-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules