2603 21 2021-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Hi,

Before the latest firmware update, I was able to control focus viea camera focus pull with internal wheel and controlling the zoom with the lens motor with the additional focus wheel (ronins-s model) then now with the new firmware, I can only control zoom or focus.

By switching the focus dial setting, it switches between focus or zoom, so focus works with Focus and zoom works with Motor.  So the electronically they are both working, but I can't make both work.

While letting the lens motor controlling the zoom, I can pull focus from Portkeys BM5 with blutooth.

I always thought there's no clear support on using two wheels on RS2 with internal focus motor of the lens and DJI lens motor.  It was like miracle and now it's gone.
2021-7-18
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

i updated the firmware but still no go.
2021-7-18
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

i have replug the USB-C cable and then it works well
2021-7-19
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Indio Posted at 7-19 00:56
i have replug the USB-C cable and then it works well

Which cable may I ask?  For the Camera, or the lens motor?
2021-7-19
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

reconnect all
2021-7-20
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Didn't work.  is there any way to roll back the firmware?
2021-7-21
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

I think my RS2 maybe broken.  Since the focus wheel does work on Ronin-S.
2021-7-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Kaku Ito, sorry to read about the issue. May I know the camera and the exact firmware version you are using? Please provide a video of the way you connect the camera and gimbal as well as the issue for further confirmation.

We recommend that you use the latest firmware version. If you need to downgrade the firmware, you can enter the backdoor of the Ronin app to downgrade the firmware.
The details are as follows: Click on the list in the upper left corner to enter the "About" page, click on the firmware version, press and hold the text of the firmware version for 5 seconds in the "Firmware version", and then you can choose the version that needs to downgrade.

The firmware versions are available on the backend depending on the backdoor configurations. You can only downgrade the firmware to the versions visible on the app. After downgrading to the oldest firmware version currently available, you cannot downgrade the firmware further.

If you downgrade the firmware, please keep us updated on the result.
2021-7-29
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Susan Posted at 7-29 23:00
Hi Kaku Ito, sorry to read about the issue. May I know the camera and the exact firmware version you are using? Please provide a video of the way you connect the camera and gimbal as well as the issue for further confirmation.

We recommend that you use the latest firmware version. If you need to downgrade the firmware, you can enter the backdoor of the Ronin app to downgrade the firmware.

Hello Susan,

it happened to be bad side port of the RS2.  DJI Japan replaced it really quick for me, thanks.
2021-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kaku Ito Posted at 8-3 07:29
Hello Susan,

it happened to be bad side port of the RS2.  DJI Japan replaced it really quick for me, thanks.

Hi, thank you for your update on this case. Great to hear that you had got it sorted. If there is anything else I can help with, please feel free to let me know.
2021-8-3
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Susan Posted at 8-3 22:33
Hi, thank you for your update on this case. Great to hear that you had got it sorted. If there is anything else I can help with, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks Susan,

Do you know any cable that can provide power to BMD PCC4K from RS2?

Would it be possible to power from the RSA port?
2021-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kaku Ito Posted at 8-8 10:30
Thanks Susan,

Do you know any cable that can provide power to BMD PCC4K from RS2?

Hi there, sorry that power up the camera is not supported for BMPCC 4k. 1.png
2021-8-8
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Susan Posted at 8-8 22:26
Hi there, sorry that power up the camera is not supported for BMPCC 4k. [view_image]

Yeah, I know.  That is why asking if anyone is making the cable to get power from the RSA.
2021-8-8
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Kaku Ito Posted at 8-8 22:27
Yeah, I know.  That is why asking if anyone is making the cable to get power from the RSA.

the RS-2 does not provide enough power to run a BMPCC

which also has a positive side:
with the ronin-S the battery was already empty after 2 hours!

tilta provides the best solution for this:

https://tilta.com/shop/battery-p ... -through-plate-kit/

TGA-PPK-ABexample1_legacy2.jpg
2021-8-8
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Indio Posted at 8-8 23:51
the RS-2 does not provide enough power to run a BMPCC

which also has a positive side:

USB-C, yes, but maybe RSA.  It says it can provide 12v.

I don't mind swapping batteries every two hours or even less to make everything lighter.
2021-8-8
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Kaku Ito Posted at 8-8 23:54
USB-C, yes, but maybe RSA.  It says it can provide 12v.

I don't mind swapping batteries every two hours or even less to make everything lighter.

there is no RSA connector and the RS-2 has only 8V
2021-8-8
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Indio Posted at 8-8 23:56
there is no RSA connector and the RS-2 has only 8V

There's a attachment for the Tethered Remote Handle that says it is 12 volt and the handle gets powered from there.
2021-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kaku Ito Posted at 8-8 22:27

Sorry, it is not supported charging through RSA port as well. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2021-8-9
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Susan Posted at 8-9 01:32
Sorry, it is not supported charging through RSA port as well. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks for checking, that is why nobody makes it.
2021-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kaku Ito Posted at 8-9 01:35
Thanks for checking, that is why nobody makes it.

Thank you for your understanding. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can help.
2021-8-9
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Susan Posted at 8-9 03:16
Thank you for your understanding. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can help.

Thanks, I have these options fortunately.

/v1/fill/w_560,h_315,al_c,q_95/40a338_1979639a1eef4f5d958504a1608cf5f3~mv2.webp
2021-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kaku Ito Posted at 8-9 03:23
Thanks, I have these options fortunately.

[view_image]/v1/fill/w_560,h_315,al_c,q_95/40a338_1979639a1eef4f5d958504a1608cf5f3~mv2.webp

Professional!
2021-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules