Cruise Control
4809 11 2021-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

can not get it to turn on ,have refreshed fimware on drone and controller . Everything else works propperly even the the stop/start button when it goes into low votage rth and I can cancel it with the stop/start button.
2021-7-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please make sure that you are in Sports mode when trying to perform the said feature? Please note that Cruise control is only available in Sports mode. Thank you!
2021-7-18
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-18 20:38
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please make sure that you are in Sports mode when trying to perform the said feature? Please note that Cruise control is only available in Sports mode. Thank you!

yes I am in sport mode tried taking off in normal mode then switch to sport mode ,and next push start/stop and nothing happened. Then tried taking off in sport mode and then pushed start/stop and nothing happens . Tried while hovering and while moving forward both times and still nothing happens.
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Andre Laf Posted at 7-19 14:21
yes I am in sport mode tried taking off in normal mode then switch to sport mode ,and next push start/stop and nothing happened. Then tried taking off in sport mode and then pushed start/stop and nothing happens . Tried while hovering and while moving forward both times and still nothing happens.

Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm what specific version of the firmware are you in for the aircraft and the remote controller? As you had mentioned, you already perform the firmware refresh. You may also try to re-link the aircraft to its components to see if the issue persists. You may refer to the tutorial steps below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

2021-7-19
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

•Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0000

•Goggles Firmware: v01.02.0001

•Remote Controller firmware: v01.02.0000
have done a refresh on all 3 firmware plus rebind them all and tried it again tonight with the same result it did not work, thinking it may be the start/stop button itself.
2021-7-19
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Found away to activate the cruise ,I have to dbl tap the start/stop to enable it then single tap to disable. This has be a glitch in flight controller mapping  program , which is a very bad setup. If I went to switch to sport mode but  went to far and put it in manual mode. Then thinking it  is in sport mode and went to enable cruise by dbl tapping would it not shut off the motors in flight.
2021-7-21
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

any dji experts have an answer.
2021-7-22
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

would there be help on this from any dji moderators . thanks
2021-7-23
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andre Laf Posted at 7-21 17:56
Found away to activate the cruise ,I have to dbl tap the start/stop to enable it then single tap to disable. This has be a glitch in flight controller mapping  program , which is a very bad setup. If I went to switch to sport mode but  went to far and put it in manual mode. Then thinking it  is in sport mode and went to enable cruise by dbl tapping would it not shut off the motors in flight.

I got worried about the double tapping problem too after being aware as it's unclear what multiple tapping sequence turns off the motors in flight.
2021-7-24
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

I believe the double tap to stop props mid flight has to be turned on in the goggles.  without turning on this feature double tap wont shut down anything.  at least that is how mine works.
2021-7-24
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

That is true but once you enable manual mode then when in it dbl tap starts and stops the motor and if in the air when done the motors stop and it crashes as it has happened to some already. There needs to be a way to stop and start the motors in manual mode , but the process has to be for only that purpose like in other drone setups a dictated switch for arm and disarm. where in my case this is the same process for enabling cruise control in sport mode which tells me  it is a mapping error which we can not change like on other flight controllers trough beta flight. And I am having a hard time to get dji to understand this leaving me the only option to send it it back for testing and the after several weeks them either reprograming the flight controller or replace it. And where I live in northern Canada by the time I get it back my season is all but over for the year and will have to  try my 2000 dollar purchase next year.
2021-7-24
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

So last night I went into manual mode after setting the remote and goggles, tried to start the motors in manual and had to tap the start/stop button 3 times before they started. then cycled thru the different modes and functions and now it works correctly . In sport mode cruise control enables on 1 tap and motors stop and start on 2 taps in manual mode, which worked for 3 packs . hopefully can go again later this week and see what happens then.
2021-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules