Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

arkglad Posted at 7-26 05:34
Maybe your friend had been in a slightly different situation (the climate is complex anyway)

My friend was stood next to me, hence me saying earlier that his mini 2 was about 6ft in flight away from my mini 2 and we were both at about 10ft in height
As you can see by the flight indicator or whatever its called, the wind in my images was nothing, it was near as damnit, a calm wind, at 10m height, so it wouldnt
be much more up there at 190ft, therfore, the gimbal should easily be able to correct for this and stay level, after all, that is the job of a gimbal ;) and it shold work
at a full 360º not only 180º
2021-7-26
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Bashy Posted at 7-26 04:59
What are we waiting for?
My mates mini 2 doesn't do this...
Are these wires OK, at the back of the right hand side of the camera/gimbal?

I once dismantled a mini 2 into small parts, including a gimbal. There is a wiring harness to the gimbal, which looks like this at both ends. This is not an abnormality. The gimbal itself does not have a gyroscope. It's hard to blame him for being lopsided. Most likely, the entire drone is bent due to the IMU. It seems to me that the causes of the problems should be sought here.
2021-7-26
Use props
arkglad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 441562 ft
France

Bashy Posted at 7-26 16:44
My friend was stood next to me, hence me saying earlier that his mini 2 was about 6ft in flight away from my mini 2 and we were both at about 10ft in height
As you can see by the flight indicator or whatever its called, the wind in my images was nothing, it was near as damnit, a calm wind, at 10m height, so it wouldnt
be much more up there at 190ft, therfore, the gimbal should easily be able to correct for this and stay level, after all, that is the job of a gimbal ;) and it shold work

Well, you' should tell us how it goes with the replacement drone.
I'm going to keep it, I looked on the internet and people still had a similar problem with the replacement drone x) so either it's a problem that dji doesn't master in manufacturing (because I see a lot of people with a not straight horizon on the internet with the mini 2 and moreover on this subject you were not the only one) if to have a really functional drone you have to play the lottery of refunds it's a system that I will never understand x)
Or maybe it's a software problem... And that's also weird because the problem could happen depending on each drone... Even more weird
I'm going to keep it and if I see that it's a problem coming from my drone, I'll sell it online as a used one since it's new... It never had a crash or any other mishap. And I'll go for Autel Evo drones which seem to be of good quality...
2021-7-26
Use props
arkglad
lvl.2
France

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 7-26 21:50
I once dismantled a mini 2 into small parts, including a gimbal. There is a wiring harness to the gimbal, which looks like this at both ends. This is not an abnormality. The gimbal itself does not have a gyroscope. It's hard to blame him for being lopsided. Most likely, the entire drone is bent due to the IMU. It seems to me that the causes of the problems should be sought here.

So what can you say about the IMU.
2021-7-26
Use props
arkglad
lvl.2
France

Bashy Posted at 7-26 04:50
Here's a few more that show it worse...[Image]
Maybe in your case... The gimbal is really defective because I can see that even if à 0 mph the gimbal stay tilted...
In my case, the gimbal is straight after a little time when my speed is at 0 mph or in some case it is a little bit tilted (close to invisible) and I have to turn my drone a little bit (30°) to have a 100% straight gimbal again.
2021-7-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

arkglad Posted at 7-26 22:48
Maybe in your case... The gimbal is really defective because I can see that even if à 0 mph the gimbal stay tilted...
In my case, the gimbal is straight after a little time when my speed is at 0 mph or in some case it is a little bit tilted (close to invisible) and I have to turn my drone to have a 100% straight gimbal again.

Ah yeah, i see what youre saying, yours is a slightly different take on the issue, mine won't correct itself. I think all my images above are whilst hovering, i just kept turning on the spot whilst trying to take a screen shot, with hindsight, i should have just recorded the screen with DU or the Note 20 Ultras own recorder, maybe next time  
2021-7-26
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Bashy Posted at 7-26 22:59
Ah yeah, i see what youre saying, yours is a slightly different take on the issue, mine won't correct itself. I think all my images above are whilst hovering, i just kept turning on the spot whilst trying to take a screen shot, with hindsight, i should have just recorded the screen with DU or the Note 20 Ultras own recorder, maybe next time

Looked at your pictures again and whilst a few of them are not 100% straight, I think you can definitely put this down to the wind. I never fly my little guy in even the slightest breeze and have never had a problem with a crooked gimbal, always 100% straight. So really, just wait to you get a super still day with maximum of maybe 1km an hour winds and you will have perfectly fine horizons again! Happy flying and looking forward to an update once you try with no wind at all.
2021-7-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Youre missing the fact that the wind was very, VERY light, it was calm at 10m, look at the flight indicator, that's not what I would class as a strong wind lol.

Then you're also forgetting how a gimbal works and how much of a lean the AC needs to make before the gimbal starts to struggle, try it in your hand, turn on your AC and tilt the bird to the gimbal starts to struggle, then try it simulating wind gusts, the gimbal is designed to stay level, that's the whole idea.

But I will reiterate once more, there were no wind concerns that would cause the gimbal to end up lopsided, the winds at that height were very light as seen by the flight indicator, the gimbal should have easily been able to level off.
It was as though the AC was in FPV mode but it certainly wasn't, I double-checked prior to packing it away, didn't want to look an idiot at a later date lol
The other thing that makes this to be an actual thing is the fact that my mate does not have this issue at all, we were flying at the exact same height at around 10ft at about 6-10ft apart in about 20mph gusts at 33ft (we were at 10ft), my gimbal was seriously leaning his was 100% level, that tells me that there is an issue, either his is broke or mine is, I know which I think it is ;)
2021-7-27
Use props
djiuser_qh7jdzDBX4Dh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214724 ft
Argentina

Hey guys, how did this end up?
I'm having a way more tilted horizon after a side movement:

And after change of direction staying still:

Less than a month of use (<20 flights)
No crashes
No high speed winds (check tree canopys)
Before flight: IMU calibrated, Gimbal calibrated
DJI Fly App: Tried with 1.4.8 and 1.4.12
Removed SD Card and re-calibrated both
2021-10-25
Use props
arkglad
lvl.2
France

djiuser_qh7jdzDBX4Dh Posted at 10-25 05:53
I'm having a way more tilted horizon after a side movement: https://youtu.be/vEw3Nzc8zwA

Hey, my problem still the same that before and 0 crashes.
Sometimes the gimbal turn alone when i slide on the left or right it's weird but last time I flew, no problem but I know the problem stay here.
I saw your videos and your have exactly the same problem that me
2021-10-26
Use props
arkglad
lvl.2
France

arkglad Posted at 10-26 00:22
Hey, my problem still the same that before and 0 crashes.
Sometimes the gimbal turn alone when i slide on the left or right it's weird but last time I flew, no problem but I know the problem stay here.
I saw your videos and your have exactly the same problem that me

But last time I flew there was no wind so maybe it's the problem and at your altitude the wind is important so maybe that why your have this issue like me (I had the issue only in windy weather)
2021-10-26
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Friends, you should not invent something that does not exist in reality.
Gimbal perfectly holds even strong slopes (limits allow). The question is that it starts to "float" from a neutral position and it doesn't even depend on the side of the drone's tilt!

Watch my videos carefully. Tilt is always to the same side, regardless of the tilt of the drone. This is especially evident on the Ground Test.

My drone was replaced under warranty, but the situation repeats itself.
After two months of flights (no falls!), The horizon began to tilt again.

2021-10-26
Use props
djiuser_qh7jdzDBX4Dh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214724 ft
Argentina

Dryvise Posted at 10-26 02:12
Friends, you should not invent something that does not exist in reality.
Gimbal perfectly holds even strong slopes (limits allow). The question is that it starts to "float" from a neutral position and it doesn't even depend on the side of the drone's tilt!

So it's probably the IMU then, that might be indicating the drone is tiltted and the gimbal responds to that.. just take a look at the attitude indicator, hovering at 1 meter (or less) it shows a highly tilted drone, even we know it's not.
But no IMU errors are shown.

If your replacement drone has the same issue then I can think that replacement drone already had that issue as do (perhaps) 20% of the drones (mini 2) of the market. So it's a matter of luck.
I've seen another guy in youtube that after replacement he hadn't had the issue anymore.

Gimbal actually works fine if you test it. If it is not a matter of gimbal or IMU issue.. then what could be?
Untitled.jpg
2021-10-26
Use props
djiuser_UaYX01nJf0Qq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1470738 ft
Philippines

djiuser_qh7jdzDBX4Dh Posted at 2021-10-25 05:53
I'm having a way more tilted horizon after a side movement: https://youtu.be/vEw3Nzc8zwA

Hello, I have exactly the same problem, you could solved somehow, thank you very much
2022-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules