DJI Mavic Mini 2 Signal Issue
1610 3 2021-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xlr8_tion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62930 ft

Vietnam

So it's been 15 days since I first purchased the DJI Mavic Mini 2. This morning I took my drone with me to take a nice video of the dawn on the beach then what came afterwards sure was traumatizing. On the specs sheet DJI said this drone can fly up to 5000m (in terms of distance), but when I only flew for 430m from the homepoint *at an altitude of 120m*  the drone signal suddenly became weak and the display went blacked out. I didn't have this issue in the previous flights but some how this happened. I don't know what caused this situation but I think this issue has occured since there's a huge shopping mall near there and I flew to the place where the mall stood in the middle between me and the aircraft *which may ate the signal*. I'm not sure if this was because of the buiding or other causes. Can anyone give me some information or where to avoid when flying the drone besides the Restricted Area? Thanks a lot and have a great day Mavic Pilots!
2021-7-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there xlr8_tion. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please fly your DJI Mini 2  to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

2021-7-19
Use props
xlr8_tion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62930 ft

Vietnam

Welp, many thanks to your suggestion Mr. Stephen Strange haha! Can you also mention some of the possible things or places that can cause high magnetic interference that I need to avoid so flights become safer? And if I get myself into the problem when the signal is weak + the display goes blacked out, what can I do to fly back without using the RTH feature? *since this feature is rather unreliable and I can lose my Mavic Mini 2*
2021-7-20
Use props
Johnny Omerta Prindesis
New

Australia

Usually happens when the drone goes to low , always keep it high
2021-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules