Missing files
1541 7 2021-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dandorothy
lvl.1

Thailand

Does anyone else have this issue? I recently bought an Osmo Action, and it started out great. The last two times I used it, however, I see that some of the files dissappeared. In the first attached photo, you can seen the file numbers jump from DJI_0995_004 to DJI_0996_004. All the videos between disappeared. It happened again today, after about an hour of videoing, I got home to download the files and noticed all videos between DJI_0002_001 and DJI_0003_004 are gone. Am I doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with the camera? I use the Scandisk Extreme, 128 gb micro SD as reccommended. 4K/30/20 min  RS.  The first time I was using the handheld "selfie stick", the second time the chest harness (I call it the "bra"). Any advice would be much appreciated.
Osmo action missing files 001.jpg Osmo action missing files 002.jpg

2021-7-19
Use props
dandorothy
lvl.1

Thailand

PS - Am I posting this in the right place?
2021-7-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

dandorothy@gmai Posted at 7-19 04:55
PS - Am I posting this in the right place?

You might get a quicker response by posting in the Products, Osmo Action forum vice General Service.  Usually have more members that use the OA in that forum.  Hope you get your issue resolved soonest.
2021-7-19
Use props
dandorothy
lvl.1

Thailand

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-19 05:29
You might get a quicker response by posting in the Products, Osmo Action forum vice General Service.  Usually have more members that use the OA in that forum.  Hope you get your issue resolved soonest.

Thanks, I'll do that.
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the issue. May I confirm if you accidentally deleted these files? If not, could you please format the SD card and test it again to see if the problem still exists? If possible, please also test with another SD card. Please note that a UHS-1 Speed Grade 3 rating microSD card is required.
2021-7-19
Use props
dandorothy
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-19 20:04
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the issue. May I confirm if you accidentally deleted these files? If not, could you please format the SD card and test it again to see if the problem still exists? If possible, please also test with another SD card. Please note that a UHS-1 Speed Grade 3 rating microSD card is required.

Thanks for your suggestions. I did the long format (1 hour) and the camera is currently recording while pointed out a window downstairs to test the result. After about an hour I will check to see if formatting helped.
I use the Scandisk Extreme plus 128gb V30 A1 UHS-I Speed Grade 3 micro SDXC
I realize this sounds strange, but I didn't accidently delete files. Both times this happened, I hooked the camera to the computer and noticed the missing files straight away.
I do appreciate your thoughts.  Hopefully the formatting will solve the issue.

2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dandorothy@gmai Posted at 7-19 23:36
Thanks for your suggestions. I did the long format (1 hour) and the camera is currently recording while pointed out a window downstairs to test the result. After about an hour I will check to see if formatting helped.
I use the Scandisk Extreme plus 128gb V30 A1 UHS-I Speed Grade 3 micro SDXC
I realize this sounds strange, but I didn't accidently delete files. Both times this happened, I hooked the camera to the computer and noticed the missing files straight away.

Thanks for the detailed information. If the issue still exists after this test, please kindly change another SD card for a test. And please also tell us the test result, we will try our best to help.
2021-7-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.  Hope you get the issue resolved quickly.
2021-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules