4026 11 2021-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scoobsscoobs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59203 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

New droner here... Hopefully this is the right forum to ask for help.

I've had the Air 2s a few weeks and really liking it, no problems at all except one.

I was flying over a small stream and under a bridge the other morning when i stopped to change the camera settings, the drone was hovering, then all of a sudden I heard it make a sharp move. Looked up and it was quickly pushing itself to the left. It stopped, then did it again straight into the wall under the bridge.

I wasn't far away from it, probably about 20 meters, at the same level as it.

I had been flying for about 20 mins in the same location before that and everything was fine. I had landed and turned it off momentarily before launching again.

I've uploaded the flight data here: [backcolor=rgba(249, 249, 249, 0.3)]https://app.airdata.com/share/hgKnSB

Although I have a hard time understanding any of it maybe someone could shed some light on what happened.

Thankfully after hitting the wall it bounced down onto a rock below, and I was able to retrieve it. Just needed to change the propellers and it's been fine ever since. But would like to know if I did something wrong/missed something so that it doesn't happen again.

Thanks in advance,
Steven
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Steven. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Air 2S. Since there was a crash that happened before and if you feel that on your future flights that the said DJI drone is not working / flyuing properly. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support . We have a professional team that will do there best to assess the said drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and please stay safe always.
2021-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It looks like you took off without getting satellite lock first,  5 minutes into the flight the drone switched to atti mode which means you have to keep it stable especially as vision sensors were not available.  You should have seen a lot of alerts on the screen,   they are shown here - https://app.airdata.com/share/hgKnSB/GENERALNotifications
2021-7-19
Use props
scoobsscoobs
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-19 22:51
It looks like you took off without getting satellite lock first,  5 minutes into the flight the drone switched to atti mode which means you have to keep it stable especially as vision sensors were not available.  You should have seen a lot of alerts on the screen,   they are shown here - https://app.airdata.com/share/hgKnSB/GENERALNotifications

Thank you very much for your reply - that makes a lot of sense and reading about Atti mode, tracks with what I saw.

Glad it wasn't too bad a crash and now I'm aware of this going forward!
2021-7-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

scoobsscoobs Posted at 7-20 00:15
Thank you very much for your reply - that makes a lot of sense and reading about Atti mode, tracks with what I saw.

Glad it wasn't too bad a crash and now I'm aware of this going forward!

Always best to have at least 11 sats locked before take off.
2021-7-20
Use props
scoobsscoobs
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-20 00:17
Always best to have at least 11 sats locked before take off.

Cool thank you...

I usually do take a little look, think because I'd just been up with it with no problems I stupidly didn't check everything over again for the second take off.

Appreciate the help!
2021-7-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

scoobsscoobs Posted at 7-20 00:34
Cool thank you...

I usually do take a little look, think because I'd just been up with it with no problems I stupidly didn't check everything over again for the second take off.

Id say its the number one reason people have issues with their drones.
2021-7-20
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

According to AirData:
In 5m 51.2s, someone or something touched your controller stick which gave the drone a full throttle. It released 1.4 seconds later and your drone was at 1.6m/s speed.
And your drone was flying on side ways, with the obstacle hiding there.

I think that's why your drone crashed. Someone did a mistouch on the controller, and unfortunately your drone was facing sideways towards the obstacle. So no obstacle avoidance can be applied before the crash.

2021-7-25
Use props
ClassicShooter
lvl.2

United States

Personally I have created a routine when flying, after powering everything on I go through a series of checks like making sure my RTH is set for the location I am flying, getting my FAA Controlled Airspace authorization, and camera settings just to make sure I have given myself plenty of time to locate as many satellites as possible, but even then never take off without the icon turning white (I think it does that after 10 sats).
2021-7-28
Use props
djiuser_wy0049LesA6V
New
Flight distance : 34692 ft
Iran

Hi
I have almost this problem
In 17 june when after 2 hours of last flight i want to start again.
Drone before completely take of automatically go forward and hit itself to tree (drone is in normal mode) and broke two propeller and one motor doesn't work right & the drone haven’t balance
2022-6-20
Use props
fansff3d2d52
New

United Kingdom

I also met with this problem. I wanted to take off with Dji’s feature to take off I placed my drone on the flat surface (camera heading away from me)  pressed to take off when suddenly drone headed off to the wall and towards me I stood maybe 2 metres behind it and crushed I didn’t press anything. I’m scared to fly again, is it safe to do it?
2022-7-10
Use props
djiuser_NCp3nzvLO6eX
New

United States

djiuser_wy0049LesA6V Posted at 6-20 11:01
Hi
I have almost this problem
In 17 june when after 2 hours of last flight i want to start again.

I’ve heard of similar issues. And the problem there was that the props were not installed properly. Making sure you color code the ones you need to. Having the props in the wrong spots can create some issues for sure.
2022-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules