Missing files
3152 20 2021-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dandorothy
lvl.1

Thailand

Does anyone else have this issue? I recently bought an Osmo Action, and it started out great. The last two times I used it, however, I see that some of the files dissappeared. In the first attached photo, you can seen the file numbers jump from DJI_0995_004 to DJI_0996_004. All the videos between disappeared. It happened again today, after about an hour of videoing, I got home to download the files and noticed all videos between DJI_0002_001 and DJI_0003_004 are gone. Am I doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with the camera? I use the Scandisk Extreme, 128 gb micro SD as reccommended. 4K/30/20 min  RS.  The first time I was using the handheld "selfie stick", the second time the chest harness (I call it the "bra"). Any advice would be much appreciated.

Osmo action missing files 001.jpg Osmo action missing files 002.jpg
Osmo action missing files 001.jpg
2021-7-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Suggest a few things, it can help or not.  try to do a full format, take an Hour to format the car not 5 seconds, do a full format on a desktop.  Also, you can try to reflash firmware manually, that will take 2 minutes not 2 seconds, you will need the latest firmware, along with the debug txt doc file.  Not sure why that is happening but  those are the steps I try first, Also one other thought change the video format in the camera from  the one you are on to the other if its .MP4 to .MOV vica- verca and retry.
2021-7-19
Use props
dandorothy
lvl.1

Thailand

Fishycomics Posted at 7-19 07:43
Suggest a few things, it can help or not.  try to do a full format, take an Hour to format the car not 5 seconds, do a full format on a desktop.  Also, you can try to reflash firmware manually, that will take 2 minutes not 2 seconds, you will need the latest firmware, along with the debug txt doc file.  Not sure why that is happening but  those are the steps I try first, Also one other thought change the video format in the camera from  the one you are on to the other if its .MP4 to .MOV vica- verca and retry.

Thanks, I'll give it a try after work.
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dandorothy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please try to format the microSD card that you are using please or kindly please try using a different suggested microSD card for the DJI Osmo Action to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.

2021-7-19
Use props
dandorothy
lvl.1

Thailand

Thanks for the suggestions. I did the long format (1 hour) and the camera is currently recording while pointed out a window downstairs to test the result.
I use the Scandisk Extreme plus 128gb V30 A1 UHS-I Speed Grade 3 micro SDXC
After about an hour I will check to see if formatting helped.
2021-7-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

great, lets see if that resolves it, if not, do that next step
2021-7-20
Use props
dandorothy
lvl.1

Thailand

I reformatted the disk as stated above, but the only thing that has changed is the camera stops recording and shuts down after about 20 minutes. I've tried it three different times, all the same. Could the camera be overheating or something. It does get hot.
2021-7-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

dandorothy@gmai Posted at 7-20 03:41
I reformatted the disk as stated above, but the only thing that has changed is the camera stops recording and shuts down after about 20 minutes. I've tried it three different times, all the same. Could the camera be overheating or something. It does get hot.

When using my OA in hot Florida weather I've had it overheat and shut down.  After cooling down it worked fine.  
2021-7-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

you are saying  , you shot video the camera over heated and shut right down, the camera should give you a text prompt, a warning " Overheated, screen will shut off in 3 seconds" not the exact wording and the camera will continue to record. you are not getting that at all?
I have a video that  may show you what is happening, just waiting for  it to  do the issue stay tuned for that one. but here is a talk on why things over heat in my eyes, the things I have and know

trying to help out, I suggest when the camera is at overheat to grab a shot what it says .
2021-7-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Here is a a demonstration  hope it helps out some
2021-7-20
Use props
dandorothy
lvl.1

Thailand

Fishycomics Posted at 7-20 05:04
you are saying  , you shot video the camera over heated and shut right down, the camera should give you a text prompt, a warning " Overheated, screen will shut off in 3 seconds" not the exact wording and the camera will continue to record. you are not getting that at all?
I have a video that  may show you what is happening, just waiting for  it to  do the issue stay tuned for that one. but here is a talk on why things over heat in my eyes, the things I have and know

Thanks, this is good to know - but I haven't noticed any overheating messages. Then again, the screen shuts off after a minute while I'm shooting, and since I'm almost always moving when filming, I don't look at the screen much - only occasionally do I tap it to see if I am aiming correctly. I'm also in the tropics, so it's always hot here. Plus, I've been using the chest harness lately, which doesn't allow for much air flow, so what you're saying sounds like a good reason for the camera to overheat.
2021-7-20
Use props
dandorothy
lvl.1

Thailand

dandorothy@gmai Posted at 7-20 03:41
I reformatted the disk as stated above, but the only thing that has changed is the camera stops recording and shuts down after about 20 minutes. I've tried it three different times, all the same. Could the camera be overheating or something. It does get hot.

I have to restate what I said in this reply - the "main" thing that has changed, not the only thing. As far as I can tell, after formatting the disk, no files went missing.
2021-7-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

dandorothy@gmai Posted at 7-20 08:06
Thanks, this is good to know - but I haven't noticed any overheating messages. Then again, the screen shuts off after a minute while I'm shooting, and since I'm almost always moving when filming, I don't look at the screen much - only occasionally do I tap it to see if I am aiming correctly. I'm also in the tropics, so it's always hot here. Plus, I've been using the chest harness lately, which doesn't allow for much air flow, so what you're saying sounds like a good reason for the camera to overheat.

dandorothy Posted at 7-20 08:06
Thanks, this is good to know - but I haven't noticed any overheating messages. Then again, the screen shuts off after a minute while I'm shooting, and since I'm almost always moving when filming, I don't look at the screen much - only occasionally do I tap it to see if I am aiming correctly. I'm also in the tropics, so it's always hot here. Plus, I've been using the chest harness lately, which doesn't allow for much airflow, so what you're saying sounds like a good reason for the camera to overheat

If you are not seeing a message but now seeing again the screen shutting down after a minute, that is your screen saver & recorder setting, you also can lower the brightness down.  the front of the camera will throw all the heat out,  and like mentioned, maybe removing the battery can promote more venting with a power source.  Like shown, the camera will continue to record when overheating.
2021-7-20
Use props
almigthy00
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi all,

I'm new here just gotten myself the osmo action.

Happily using it for the past month or two.

Took some videos yesterday while i was out with the kids.

However, i realized only October 2021 or should i say only yesterday's video were loaded. The videos in September were not there.

I have tried plugging the device into my mac and using a SD card reader. It returned the same results only videos from yesterday.

But i noted there was much more data on the card.

As you can see that the card used more than 10Gb of data but the media folder only consist of 3.5Gb of data.

can anyone help? As, i wanna get the old files.

Thanks in advanced!
2021-10-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

almigthy00 Posted at 10-4 00:59
Hi all,

I'm new here just gotten myself the osmo action.

Use a cardreader
2021-10-4
Use props
almigthy00
lvl.1
Singapore

The image above was using a card reader.

But the video taken in september were not showing up too.
2021-10-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

almigthy00 Posted at 10-4 19:02
The image above was using a card reader.

But the video taken in september were not showing up too.

Ok.
Probably deleted or something, since files just doesn't disapear.
2021-10-4
Use props
almigthy00
lvl.1
Singapore

johansenfoto Posted at 10-4 23:37
Ok.
Probably deleted or something, since files just doesn't disapear.

It seems rather odd if you look at my initial post whereby the SD card had used up 14GB.

However, in the DCIM folder it only contained 3GB worth of data which was shot in Oct.

2021-10-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

almigthy00 Posted at 10-6 04:02
It seems rather odd if you look at my initial post whereby the SD card had used up 14GB.

However, in the DCIM folder it only contained 3GB worth of data which was shot in Oct.

Try using another file explorer to see your files. They could be there hiding someplace (don't know about ios) but usually on windows your files will show up using a cardreader
2021-10-6
Use props
Ale3n
New

Ireland

looks like im having the same problem. happent to me twice, im cheching to see if the camera is recording, all good, but when im trying to playback, many videos are missing.
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ale3n Posted at 7-27 03:26
looks like im having the same problem. happent to me twice, im cheching to see if the camera is recording, all good, but when im trying to playback, many videos are missing.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what DJI product are you using? Also, please tell us the model of your mobile device so we can help you further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules