Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimonCW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

I’m currently looking at buying a used Air 2s. The owner as already registered it to his DJI account. My question is if I purchase it off him, can I still register it to my DJI account??  Or Does he have to deregister it first or set it to factory settings?

Thanks
2021-7-19
Use props
SimonCW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thinking of buying used advice

Hi,

I’m currently looking at buying a used Air 2s. The owner as already registered it to his DJI account. My question is if I purchase it off him, can I still register it to my DJI account??  Or Does he have to deregister it first or reset it to factory settings?

Thanks
2021-7-19
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated post: You won't need to do anything but fly it usually. He cannot "de-register" it anyway uness he has bound it to the controller. If you are getting the controller with the drone, you may be able to fly it normally, or at least with his account.  I have bought 3 used drones (2nd Mini, 2nd MA2, and M2P). By the way, it will never show in your profile here, otherwise I would show 7 here.
2021-7-19
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Japan

You would have to make the owner dereg it first before buying it.
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you purchase a used DJI Air 2s. There is no way to activate it again on your end as the activation can only be performed once. You can simply connect the aircraft to the controller and fly the said unit, you may also use your own DJI Fly app on your mobile device. Please note that if you purchase a second-hand unit that has already been activated, it will no longer show on your profile here in DJI Forum. Hope this helps. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-7-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-19 18:52
You would have to make the owner dereg it first before buying it.

Except there's no way to do that.
All the OP has to do is buy it and fly it.
2021-7-19
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Labroides Posted at 7-19 20:50
Except there's no way to do that.
All the OP has to do is buy it and fly it.

He's buying an DJI Air 2S which has the ability to dereg because I've personally done that before in DJI Fly. The reason that OP must ensure the seller deregged the drone is that now DJI Care / Refresh includes Fly-Away insurance which can half the cost of buying a new drone after the incident happens.

If you're buying a drone that has the new DJI Care/Refresh plan bundled, then you must ensure that the original owner has deregistered this drone from his account, otherwise he can simply LOCK THE DRONE and buy a new one for half the price after you've paid your money to him.

Locked drones cannot be flied again btw.
2021-7-19
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

You must make sure if the original owner has a DJI care or refresh plan bundled with the drone or not. If he has such a plan, then you must ensure that he has deregistered this drone from his account. Otherwise, he can sell you the drone, lock your drone dead using his dji care plan, and buy a new drone for half the price, while you're suffering with your locked drone and then you can't find the seller anymore.
2021-7-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-19 22:54
You must make sure if the original owner has a DJI care or refresh plan bundled with the drone or not. If he has such a plan, then you must ensure that he has deregistered this drone from his account. Otherwise, he can sell you the drone, lock your drone dead using his dji care plan, and buy a new drone for half the price, while you're suffering with your locked drone and then you can't find the seller anymore.

2021-7-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is a good point about the Fly Away restrictions. But I wonder if you would need both the account link and the controller to make a claim. If the controller goes with the sale, maybe?
2021-7-20
Use props
__G__
New
Australia

Hi all, Does anyone know if DJI Care Refresh can be applied to a second hand drone... e.g. not the original purchaser? I'm in a similar position to the OP - I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand Air 2S. From what I know, the original owner received the drone as a gift - it was purchased less than 1 week ago (They've sent a screenshot of the receipt), and it wasn't purchased with DJI Care Refresh. From the DJI website, the Care Refresh can be purchased up to 2 months after purchase of the drone (assuming it passes their video verification process). But I can't find any information relating to whether DJI Care Refresh is only eligible for the original purchaser of the drone or not - their information doesn't explain this.

Any advice?
2023-4-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

__G__ Posted at 4-26 02:59
Hi all, Does anyone know if DJI Care Refresh can be applied to a second hand drone... e.g. not the original purchaser? I'm in a similar position to the OP - I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand Air 2S. From what I know, the original owner received the drone as a gift - it was purchased less than 1 week ago (They've sent a screenshot of the receipt), and it wasn't purchased with DJI Care Refresh. From the DJI website, the Care Refresh can be purchased up to 2 months after purchase of the drone (assuming it passes their video verification process). But I can't find any information relating to whether DJI Care Refresh is only eligible for the original purchaser of the drone or not - their information doesn't explain this.

Any advice?

my understanding (at least for america) is it doesnt matter when care refresh was purchased, it can only be purchased once for a particular drone and it doesn't matter which owner purchases it.  from your description, you should be able to use the video verification even after the 2 months.
2023-4-26
Use props
DroneRangerA375
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49941 ft

United States

I believe DJI should come up with a way for people who have purchased used or refurbished (from retailer) drones to have the drone icons on their accounts. I own 3 DJI drones; a phantom 4 advanced (used), a mini (used), and a Air 2 S (refurbished from Best Buy). We get no credit in the forums for owning a drone. I have limited flight time but have started flying several times a week to get better at flying. It just looks like we are second-class owners because we purchased used. We have no credibility in the forums because it appears we do not even own a drone. I know it seems silly and should not matter. I do hope this can be fixed.
2023-4-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneRangerA375 Posted at 4-26 08:11
I believe DJI should come up with a way for people who have purchased used or refurbished (from retailer) drones to have the drone icons on their accounts. I own 3 DJI drones; a phantom 4 advanced (used), a mini (used), and a Air 2 S (refurbished from Best Buy). We get no credit in the forums for owning a drone. I have limited flight time but have started flying several times a week to get better at flying. It just looks like we are second-class owners because we purchased used. We have no credibility in the forums because it appears we do not even own a drone. I know it seems silly and should not matter. I do hope this can be fixed.

Your credibility will depend on the quality of you posts, not how many 'stickers' you have on your bumper/fender. Personally I don't even look at those icons in peoples' posts and would prefer to remove all mine, BTW the two Phantoms on mine were second used hand drones and I do not have clue how the icons got there.
2023-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules