Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... H-GFXWZ?usp=sharing

You can do the same with vel_up but it ends up eating more battery.
1.png
2021-7-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I wonder what DJI will do when you start a warranty request?
2021-8-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-9 07:33
I wonder what DJI will do when you start a warranty request?

They still honor it as my first M2P had gimbal issues day 1 and I did this to the M2Z and that.  I can't stand the -3 descent.  It takes way too long but it's not a mental thing, the battery percentage during the wait adds up if you have to constantly go up and down for commercial work  Even -5 seems too long but better than +5 on Sport seems good enough but the defaults set by DJI are to prevent novices from destroying their drones (warranty claims like DJI Care) and reduce the battery stresses.  Maybe under super extreme conditions the settings are no good but I've used the drones under extreme wind conditions and they perform just fine.  -8 can be bad if you descend too fast because it takes a few feet before it stops completely due to the lag.  It can also probably out perform the low-light safety but as custom modified by us, we should know this.  Like I said, I'm on -5 which is safe enough and still slow.  You can go +10 -10 like other people did w/ NLD or w/e the software is.  I think +10 and -10 is max but never did more than -8 +8 which worked just fine.  Climb rate was great until I was understanding about battery stress.  Batteries never puffed.  If you want a climbing drone, DJI FPV V2 is the way.  That goes 13.2 m/s vertical easy and if you go full manual I think it does 18m/s+ but I like to not super stress the components so they last longer and work properly all the time.
2021-8-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 8-10 16:20
They still honor it as my first M2P had gimbal issues day 1 and I did this to the M2Z and that.  I can't stand the -3 descent.  It takes way too long but it's not a mental thing, the battery percentage during the wait adds up if you have to constantly go up and down for commercial work  Even -5 seems too long but better than +5 on Sport seems good enough but the defaults set by DJI are to prevent novices from destroying their drones (warranty claims like DJI Care) and reduce the battery stresses.  Maybe under super extreme conditions the settings are no good but I've used the drones under extreme wind conditions and they perform just fine.  -8 can be bad if you descend too fast because it takes a few feet before it stops completely due to the lag.  It can also probably out perform the low-light safety but as custom modified by us, we should know this.  Like I said, I'm on -5 which is safe enough and still slow.  You can go +10 -10 like other people did w/ NLD or w/e the software is.  I think +10 and -10 is max but never did more than -8 +8 which worked just fine.  Climb rate was great until I was understanding about battery stress.  Batteries never puffed.  If you want a climbing drone, DJI FPV V2 is the way.  That goes 13.2 m/s vertical easy and if you go full manual I think it does 18m/s+ but I like to not super stress the components so they last longer and work properly all the time.

Ok thanks
2021-8-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What numbers you set to?
2021-8-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 8-11 00:57
What numbers you set to?

I don't remember and can't check right now.
2021-8-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-11 02:00
I don't remember and can't check right now.

it's dangerous to not know
2021-8-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 8-11 02:24
it's dangerous to not know

I never ran any script. Just used the app to change some things.
2021-8-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-11 02:53
I never ran any script. Just used the app to change some things.

it's not a script, it's a parameter change
2021-8-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 8-11 03:00
it's not a script, it's a parameter change

In my book that is a script.
2021-8-11
Use props
LFLots
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10434964 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hey AntDX316, great tip, I did this vertical speed change through the 2 1.1.2 Assistant a couple of years ago but on this latest firmware update (01.00.0770) the VS reset to 3m/s. I loaded the Assistant 2 1.1.2 again with debug but now all usefull parameters are locked, including vertical speed. Would you know the last firmware that would allow this and if it is possible to roll back to it?
I have intellingent flight modes ON, Beginner mode disabled and all sensors disabled.
2021-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LFLots Posted at 8-13 09:40
Hey AntDX316, great tip, I did this vertical speed change through the 2 1.1.2 Assistant a couple of years ago but on this latest firmware update the VS reset to 3m/s. I loaded the Assistant 2 1.1.2 again with debug but now all usefull parameters are locked, including vertical speed. Would you know the last firmware that would allow this and if it is possible to roll back to it?

If you followed the instructions step by step, it should work.  I'm on the latest firmwares all the time.  New firmwares sometimes reset the parameters.  I've lost FCC boost on the P4PV2.0. I was having great feed even while far away but now I can't FCC Boost it because no one makes or they do but I didn't research.  It's an orthomosaic drone that has been working for me.  I also use it to cast a line out super far but I haven't done it more than 1 time.

Both the M2Z and M2P as well as the Spark are the same.  I didn't touch anything else other than normal and sport.  If you start changing the other parameters it would probably break.  If you exceed 10 it might break to 3.

What do you mean by "locked"?  Share a screenshot or a screen record with OBS.
2021-8-13
Use props
LFLots
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 09:42
If you followed the instructions step by step, it should work.  I'm on the latest firmwares all the time.  New firmwares sometimes reset the parameters.  I've lost FCC boost on the P4PV2.0  I was having great feed even while far away but now I can't FCC Boost it because no one makes or they do but I didn't research.  It's an orthomosaic drone that has been working for me.  I also use it to cast a line out super far but I haven't done it more than 1 time.

Tks for the reply man! I just found that the paramater name changed, that was why I was not finding it. Now it is called g_config_mode_normal_cfg_vert_vel_down.

Would you know the parameter to reduce the anticolision distance? And other usefull parameters to change? I could not find any thread about these parameters (except for some isolated parameters, like this one). I just increased the the wind threshhold warning (big_wind_level1) and I am trying to find the upward sensor disabling parameter.
2021-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LFLots Posted at 8-13 10:17
Tks for the reply man! I just found that the paramater name changed, that was why I was not finding it. Now it is called g_config_mode_normal_cfg_vert_vel_down.

Would you know the parameter to reduce the anticolision distance? And other usefull parameters to change? I could not find any thread about these parameters (except for some isolated parameters, like this one). I just increased the the wind threshhold warning (big_wind_level1) and I am trying to find the upward sensor disabling parameter.

I said type in as filter so it searches the whole thing automatically.

I never mess w/ anything else or I could potentially lose the drone.  Indeed, it going slower when there is wind is bad when it's far away.

+6 -8 were the best
2021-8-13
Use props
LFLots
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 10:31
I said type in as filter so it searches the whole thing automatically.

I never mess w/ anything else or I could potentially lose the drone.  Indeed, it going slower when there is wind is bad when it's far away.

I agree. But big_wind_level1 and level2 are just the warnings as far as I understand. Level 1 comes up too soon and sometimes block part of my screen in the middle of a shot, so I rather not have it.

I also found the upward sensor parameter and disable it (g_config_flying_limit_roof_limit_enable = 0). This one I tested on and off, so I am sure what it does. It was preventing me from flying out of a window if the roof was too low. Differently from the Inspire2, the Mavic2 doesn't have the option to disable this through the DJI Go app.

Let us know if you find any other usefull parameter to change.
2021-8-13
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

LFLots Posted at 8-13 13:23
I agree. But big_wind_level1 and level2 are just the warnings as far as I understand. Level 1 comes up too soon and sometimes block part of my screen in the middle of a shot, so I rather not have it.

I also found the upward sensor parameter and disable it (g_config_flying_limit_roof_limit_enable = 0). This one I tested on and off, so I am sure what it does. It was preventing me from flying out of a window if the roof was too low. Differently from the Inspire2, the Mavic2 doesn't have the option to disable this through the DJI Go app.

Engage STEALTH mode:  Do a search for LED. Change the value to 0 to turn off ALL blinking lights (rear & any colors on the rear that also blink)..

You can still manually operate the front LEDs and landing lights as before. I actually have those set as C1 & C2 on mine FYI so you don't lose your drone...
2021-8-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't overdo the descent speed, coming down too quickly can cause the drone to become unstable...
2021-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LFLots Posted at 8-13 13:23

I also found the upward sensor parameter and disable it (g_config_flying_limit_roof_limit_enable = 0). This one I tested on and off, so I am sure what it does. It was preventing me from flying out of a window if the roof was too low. Differently from the Inspire2, the Mavic2 doesn't have the option to disable this through the DJI Go app.

Can you copy and paste all the parameters you've changed and what stock was and what it is now as well a brief explanation of each? : )
2021-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-13 16:47
Don't overdo the descent speed, coming down too quickly can cause the drone to become unstable...

-10 is still ok.  Drones can even work in a full motor off/brake situation in any orientation as long as the deg/sec doesn't exceed what the computer can understand such as greater than 2000° for some gyros.  This was done in DIYs and all this controlled descents didn't exist back then.  They still use the same PID system.  The issue is when people are too close to the ground and don't let off when high up as it would crash into the ground due to lag and the time it takes to actually hover.

2021-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 8-13 15:12
Engage STEALTH mode:  Do a search for LED. Change the value to 0 to turn off ALL blinking lights (rear & any colors on the rear that also blink)..

You can still manually operate the front LEDs and landing lights as before. I actually have those set as C1 & C2 on mine FYI so you don't lose your drone...

Had a time where I was flying around a concert for fun around when I first got the M2P.  I was flying for a bit w/ LEDs and stuff then finished and went to land.  Some guy came up super angry from that direction who was working there, probably security, saying did you fly the concert??! He said he if you do it again I will have you arrested multiple times and left.  People who I was talking to prior to that happening were like, did you get the shot?? then they were like that was cool, you got what you wanted and then they just told to you f off and left lmao.

Sometimes you just want to see what it's like at night and you don't want to attract attention so no doubt that matters to do.  What code is it?  I don't really fly at night anymore and if I do the LEDs are cooler to have just incase of signal loss you can see it.  Under special conditions, having a laptop with 1.1.2 installed can make you change the code real quick to get what you need w/o being detected.
2021-8-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 21:39
-10 is still ok.  Drones can even work in a full motor off/brake situation in any orientation as long as the deg/sec doesn't exceed what the computer can understand such as greater than 2000° for some gyros.  This was done in DIYs and all this controlled descents didn't exist back then.  They still use the same PID system.  The issue is when people are too close to the ground and don't let off when high up as it would crash into the ground due to lag and the time it takes to actually hover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orb74q1wkBw

I have the decent on my phantom cranked a little and coming down hard can end up being uncontrolled in the sense that it wobbles greatly, I believe this is something to do with the props catching up with the prop-wash, from what I read. No, I only upped the sports mode speed as per the NLD app, decent/accent rate to 10/ms etc, i think it was, no manual manipulation to the script was done, i.e. no tweaking of the numbers using the in-depth method or the method via Assistant, only used the settings provided in the NLD software.

SO, if you over do it, it can become unstable, this is why DJI adds limits, its not just for safety, it's for a stable flight too
2021-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-13 23:19
I have the decent on my phantom cranked a little and coming down hard can end up being uncontrolled in the sense that it wobbles greatly, I believe this is something to do with the props catching up with the prop-wash, from what I read. No, I only upped the sports mode speed as per the NLD app, decent/accent rate to 10/ms etc, i think it was, no manual manipulation to the script was done, i.e. no tweaking of the numbers using the in-depth method or the method via Assistant, only used the settings provided in the NLD software.

SO, if you over do it, it can become unstable, this is why DJI adds limits, its not just for safety, it's for a stable flight too

No doubt it looks stable coming down but it does mean it's not recoverable.  Like I said, in DIY (do it yourself) drones (before DJI) it always stabilize itself even with a descent rate going to terminal velocity (free fall).  DJI didn't allow a higher decent rate is because it can overshoot the time it takes the drone to stop before hitting the ground being detected.  This is the same as the climb.  In normal mode it's supposed to stop when it detects something.  Overshooting isn't good.  If it's not for staying within the stopping limits then it's the stress placed upon the battery as more discharge is happening.  Believe it or not, my batteries are not swollen.   There should be nothing wrong with decending too fast if it can power up the motors before it hits the ground.

There are understandings in life that people develop around a narrative but things that fall outside the narrative, we are on our own so the more we know the better.  I know at even 1mph on rollerblades I can get seriously injured.  I know even doing 160mph+ in a turn, I won't crash on a motorcycle.
2021-8-14
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-14 00:39
No doubt it looks stable coming down but it does mean it's not recoverable.  Like I said, in DIY (do it yourself) drones (before DJI) it always stabilize itself even with a descent rate going to terminal velocity (free fall).  DJI didn't allow a higher decent rate is because it can overshoot the time it takes the drone to stop before hitting the ground being detected.  This is the same as the climb.  In normal mode it's supposed to stop when it detects something.  Overshooting isn't good.  If it's not for staying within the stopping limits then it's the stress placed upon the battery as more discharge is happening.  Believe it or not, my batteries are not swollen.   There should be nothing wrong with decending too fast if it can power up the motors before it hits the ground.

There are understandings in life that people develop around a narrative but things that fall outside the narrative, we are on our own so the more we know the better.  I know at even 1mph on rollerblades I can get seriously injured.  I know even doing 160mph+ in a turn, I won't crash on a motorcycle.

Yep, I have 4 Mavic 2 batteries & 3 years on them… NOT SWOLLEN or stress marks - they look absolutely ’like new.’  

HEAT is the mofo problem to avoid, so I let them completely cool before charging. It’s why I have 4 versus beating the heck out of just 1 or 2.

BONUS: my drone doesn’t fall out of the sky “for no reason”
2021-8-23
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 8-23 10:00
Yep, I have 4 Mavic 2 batteries & 3 years on them… NOT SWOLLEN or stress marks - they look absolutely ’like new.’  

HEAT is the mofo problem to avoid, so I let them completely cool before charging. It’s why I have 4 versus beating the heck out of just 1 or 2.

They won't recharge if they are too hot even while plugged in.
2021-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules