452 11 2021-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zamun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60217 ft
United States

Hello,

I'm still very new to my drone, and I've only just started flying with the Mavic Mini. I've been exploring some of the options for photo modes. There are a few video options, but I noticed no such options for photographs.  Am I correct in assuming that access to such features would require me to upgrade to a larger drone, or is there something I've overlooked? I have seen a lot of great panoramic and 360 shots being presented here on the forums, but I'm just not sure that I have the software or the hardware to obtain them myself.

I'm really enjoying the drone and getting to explore from new perspectives, but I want to make sure I'm not missing out on getting the most out of my little Mavic Mini.

Thanks in Advance
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There are features that the DJI Mavic Mini that you want to try, One of them is the Quickshots option. I will be posting tutorials for the DJI Mavic Mini below for your future reference. Also, for the 360 and panoramic footage, this can be obtained by editing the footage using a 3rd party software. Hope this helps. Thank you for your continued support!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL65kukZorPdP5XESnl1sLh9WdF6LRcucq
2021-7-19
Use props
Zamun
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-19 19:02
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There are features that the DJI Mavic Mini that you want to try, One of them is the Quickshots option. I will be posting tutorials for the DJI Mavic Mini below for your future reference. Also, for the 360 and panoramic footage, this can be obtained by editing the footage using a 3rd party software. Hope this helps. Thank you for your continued support!

Thank you for the quick reply, Paladin. I don't suppose there's a list of recommended or trusted third-party software that's good for this kind of task somewhere on the forums? A cursory search didn't turn anyhow up.
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Zamun Posted at 7-19 19:09
Thank you for the quick reply, Paladin. I don't suppose there's a list of recommended or trusted third-party software that's good for this kind of task somewhere on the forums? A cursory search didn't turn anyhow up.

You're welcome. We don't have a list of recommended 3rd party editing software, you may try to check other recommendations of our fellow DJI Pilots here or you may try to search on the web. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most people that are doing panos etc with the original mini are using Litchi app.  Or you can take all the images manually and stitch them yourself.
2021-7-19
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

For a 360 grad pano the litchi app is a good alternative, for "normal" panos you only have to make several fotos and stich them together e.g via Microsoft ICE
2021-7-20
Use props
Zamun
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-19 23:03
Most people that are doing panos etc with the original mini are using Litchi app.  Or you can take all the images manually and stitch them yourself.

I keep hearing about that app, but the reviews for it make me hesitant. There seems to be some trouble with it providing all its features to Android phones, or working at all on newer model Samsung phones, like mine.

Thank you none the less though for your suggestion.
2021-7-20
Use props
Zamun
lvl.1
United States

jonny007 Posted at 7-20 00:23
For a 360 grad pano the litchi app is a good alternative, for "normal" panos you only have to make several fotos and stich them together e.g via Microsoft ICE

I have not heard of of that software before, so I'll look into it. As I was saying to the another reply, the reviews for Litchi have me hesitant to drop $25 on an app that may or may not work for me. Regardless, I appreciate the input.
2021-7-20
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Zamun Posted at 7-20 02:47
I have not heard of of that software before, so I'll look into it. As I was saying to the another reply, the reviews for Litchi have me hesitant to drop $25 on an app that may or may not work for me. Regardless, I appreciate the input.

That's right, I don't think you can even try it, you have to buy it right away, right? Although it should be possible to cancel the purchase on Google Play within a few hours. So you could test the app briefly beforehand. On the other hand ... 2 cases of beer are also $ 25 and they don't last as long as the app ;-) 95% of the time I fly with the Litchi app, primarily because of dynamic homepoint and also because of Follow me (while cycling) and panoramic shots.
2021-7-20
Use props
Zamun
lvl.1
United States

jonny007 Posted at 7-20 03:27
That's right, I don't think you can even try it, you have to buy it right away, right? Although it should be possible to cancel the purchase on Google Play within a few hours. So you could test the app briefly beforehand. On the other hand ... 2 cases of beer are also $ 25 and they don't last as long as the app ;-) 95% of the time I fly with the Litchi app, primarily because of dynamic homepoint and also because of Follow me (while cycling) and panoramic shots.

That's a fair point. Plus, nothing ventured nothing gained.

A final question: Do you fly the Mavic Mini with it, or another drone?
2021-7-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zamun Posted at 7-20 02:45
I keep hearing about that app, but the reviews for it make me hesitant. There seems to be some trouble with it providing all its features to Android phones, or working at all on newer model Samsung phones, like mine.

Thank you none the less though for your suggestion.

I cant vouch for android,  there are so many issues on android that I gave mine away some years ago and went iPhone and Ive never looked back.
2021-7-20
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Zamun Posted at 7-20 03:41
That's a fair point. Plus, nothing ventured nothing gained.

A final question: Do you fly the Mavic Mini with it, or another drone?

Yes, Mavic Mini 1 (with galaxy S10e). Mini 2 is not yet supported by Litchi. The functions Active Track (too imprecise and often interrupts) and waypoint and orbit (jerky) are not that good but as I said, it's worth it just because of follow me, pano and dynamic homepoint. I almost always hike while flying. https://flylitchi.com/
2021-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules