6101 23 2021-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Mini 2 Course Lock using RTH (return to home) where you can fly the drone from A to B and operate it independently of the flying direction. This is one of the hidden features that are very nice to know.

Bonus Tip: Instead of flying to the new home point and update, you can just set a new home point on the map :-)

2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for sharing this video you have created for the DJI Mini 2. Great work and it is great to see you once again.
2021-7-19
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

This is no  Hidden Feature is alchemy and you have and risk to lost your drone changing the HP.
2021-7-19
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Thanks Henrik . Can the drone RTH in Cine mode? I have never tried
2021-7-19
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

robpri Posted at 7-19 22:10

Nope. RTH stick with a dedicated speed.
2021-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a great feature.   
2021-7-19
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

robpri Posted at 7-19 22:10

Would be fun to try out - but seems it sticks with a fixed speed
2021-7-20
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

LoveYou Posted at 7-19 22:00
This is no  Hidden Feature is alchemy and you have and risk to lost your drone changing the HP.

you can pause it anytime, so not really a risk if you pay attention
2021-7-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool video Henrik.    Couldn't you just go into the map and set the new home point there instead of doing all that flying?  
2021-7-20
Use props
Turbo1ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1322582 ft
Canada

Henrik Olsen Posted at 7-20 02:38
you can pause it anytime, so not really a risk if you pay attention

Not if you lose signal... There is a risk of having the drone auto-land at the new home point with failsafe RTH.
2021-7-20
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-20 04:04
Cool video Henrik.    Couldn't you just go into the map and set the new home point there instead of doing all that flying?

yes, you could - might be a good one to include in an update
2021-7-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turbo1ed Posted at 7-20 07:19
Not if you lose signal... There is a risk of having the drone auto-land at the new home point with failsafe RTH.

but that feature is always present in the drone whether you try to use it for "course lock" or anything else....it's the same feature/risk.  if it were overly risky, dji wouldn't allow it.  since it's there, i think it's a good idea to "course lock" because by using it this way sensibility, you don't increase the risk of "losing your drone."  of course if someone tries to use this at the end of their battery and 2 miles away....my suggestion would be to set your new home point, then go there to your new home point, then execute a course lock manuever. ;)
2021-7-20
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Maybe DJI should just impliment PROPER course lock.  As the RTH is just a round about way to do it.  And the beeping is annoying for the RTH
Just wish DJI would release the SDK for the Mini 2 so Litchi can get on it and support it.
2021-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 7-20 07:37
yes, you could - might be a good one to include in an update

Good to know.  Looking forward to your next video.  
2021-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 7-21 00:57
Maybe DJI should just impliment PROPER course lock.  As the RTH is just a round about way to do it.  And the beeping is annoying for the RTH
Just wish DJI would release the SDK for the Mini 2 so Litchi can get on it and support it.

Just wish DJI would release the SDK for the Mini 2 so Litchi can get on it and support it.

+1, Not sure why DJI didn't release it before now.  
2021-7-21
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Way too slow and boring. I can read that info in 5 seconds!
2021-7-21
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-21 03:49
Just wish DJI would release the SDK for the Mini 2 so Litchi can get on it and support it.

+1, Not sure why DJI didn't release it before now.

They STILL haven't released it.  Typically it takes them 11 or 12 months before it's out.
I think this time around is more important than ever, considering they have released an Entry level drone that requires a 64Bit Device to run it.  Which was NOT released info at the time the Mini 2 was released.
2021-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 7-21 22:21
They STILL haven't released it.  Typically it takes them 11 or 12 months before it's out.
I think this time around is more important than ever, considering they have released an Entry level drone that requires a 64Bit Device to run it.  Which was NOT released info at the time the Mini 2 was released.

Doesn't appear they plan to release it.

From the DJI Github - https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-iOS/issues/456

Github Comment

Github Comment
2021-7-22
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fun and informative video, thanks for sharing!
2021-7-22
Use props
djiuser_jNcSwhSvSI1q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199810 ft
United States

DJI is claiming they will have support for the MM2 in the 5.0 SDK release. See the below link video at the 2:10 and 2:34 marks. The video is in Italian but the video shows copies of the communication.  Other communications obtained elsewhere the say that release date is this fall.
2021-7-22
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-22 03:11
Doesn't appear they plan to release it.

From the DJI Github - https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-iOS/issues/456

FFS!  Seriously.  DJI must be in bed with tablet and phone manufactures.  They release 2 drones that both require a device that has ArmV8 64-Bit Architecture. One of which is an "Entry level Drone"
And uses what DJI calls DJI Fly as a basic, simpler version of beginners. And now they are saying they won't release the SDK?  That's absolute BS.  Especially considering when the Mini 2 was released, there was no specific mention that the device had to be ArmV8 64-Bit Architecture, only AFTER people started to complain did that come out.
Well, looks like my next drone purchase will be Autel.  From what I have heard they are amazing to deal with and their drones are amazing as well.  
2021-7-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2021-8-9
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Just started using the Maven app with my Mini 2, which offers it's own version of this "Course Lock" and a related variant named "Home Lock"...  At first I thought these were fairly useless, but the ability to set a linear path and let the app worry about direction so you can raw about is actually very useful.  Not to mention that Home Lock will automatically steer the drone back to the home point in case you get disoriented (or further away in a linear path).  All this at whatever speed you want using the joystick...

2022-4-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2021-7-20 02:33
Would be fun to try out - but seems it sticks with a fixed speed

I think you will find that if an RTH was started whilst the drone was in sports mode you can increase the speed above the "fixed" speed by giving the drone forward stick. (I suspect that if the RTH was started in either of the other flight modes there will be no increase obtainable.)
Conversely although the automated RTH speed has, wind permitting, the same maximum speed irrespective of the flight mode when the RTH was initiated, I think you will find that you can slow the return speed and possibly event halt/pause the return by giving backwards stick. I haven't bothered to check this with the Mini 2 but I did with the Mavic Mini and the above is what I observed.
2022-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules