DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced Camera Overview (Thermal & Zoom)
2819 13 2021-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced Camera Overview (Thermal & Zoom)

2021-7-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So, here's what I think needs fixing with this drone to make it actually useful:

The thermal imaging camera should have an option to be disabled so that someone carrying out a visual survey doesn't have to go through and delete all the useless thermal data.

When thermal is disabled, the option to shoot an AEB (3 or 5 shot) should be available, because when doing a survey of a roof on a sunny day, the light/dark areas make it impossible to expose for both in a single capture.

Landing protection should be an option that can be disabled, it's a terrible feature in some scenarios and restricts people from just manually landing a drone.

The gains cannot be adjusted and it's a sloppy flying drone out of the box. The drone needs sharpening up in flight.

As it's a search and rescue drone, the 500m vertical limit should be able to be disabled by emailing DJI for an unlocking licence, as mountain rescue teams cannot scout mountains that are over 500m above their position. The Matrice series can have this disabled, so why not this?
2021-7-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 7-20 08:28
So, here's what I think needs fixing with this drone to make it actually useful:

The thermal imaging camera should have an option to be disabled so that someone carrying out a visual survey doesn't have to go through and delete all the useless thermal data.

DJI can unlock the 500m limit on their drones if you contact them with justification.
2021-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have came upon. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2021-7-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-20 11:18
DJI can unlock the 500m limit on their drones if you contact them with justification.

I enquired about this with one of the DJI dealers who raised it with them and was advised that it's not possible on anything other than the Matrice series.
2021-7-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 7-23 00:32
I enquired about this with one of the DJI dealers who raised it with them and was advised that it's not possible on anything other than the Matrice series.

Odd,  there have been people on the forum posting that they did it for them through the flysafe email address.
2021-7-23
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-23 00:44
Odd,  there have been people on the forum posting that they did it for them through the flysafe email address.

I will make the enquiry that way then, maybe I was given the wrong info, so thanks for your help.
2021-7-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks cool!
2021-8-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It certainly does.   
2021-8-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 8-9 07:33
It certainly does.

Way out of budget reach.
2021-8-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-9 07:53
Way out of budget reach.

Budget and use really,   I have no need for that feature.
2021-8-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 8-9 07:57
Budget and use really,   I have no need for that feature.

Well, thermal camera's can be quite useful these days.
Especially with all the solar panels on roofs.  
2021-8-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-9 08:00
Well, thermal camera's can be quite useful these days.
Especially with all the solar panels on roofs.

thats very true indeed.
2021-8-9
Use props
fanseb34931e
New

Brazil

Hello Billy Kyle, awesome video about this new features and for this great explanation. I have a Mavic Enterprise Dual FLIR Thermal Camera and I got kinda bored ´cause I´m trying do disable the thermal camera when I´m doing pictures, it always create two files and you told. Do you know if there is any way to stop it or disable the thermal cam? I´ve been looking all around about it but couldn´t find how to do it. Thanks in advace buddy!!! Regards!
2021-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules