5243 39 2021-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc70
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

Why are the posts about the faulty 1.4.8 software update not showing up,  when I just added my problems to the batch this morning?
Is everyone else ok with this update? Not working good for me.
2021-7-20
Use props
amorias
lvl.2

Canada

Same here, screen goes blank. have to close and re-open app while in flight. scary! I have the Samsung A71
2021-7-20
Use props
DronePerspectiv
lvl.2
Netherlands

Lot of crashes or freezes from the fly app 1.4.8 installed 1.4.4 and no problems anymore.
2021-7-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

I don't think there is any reason to use 1.4.8 unless you have a Mini SE. Does not work for me as well by the way.
2021-7-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At least 1.4.8 brings back the option to disable charging.    Ive had a few flights with it and so far its been fine for me,   using iPhone 12 Pro max.
2021-7-20
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I had a similar behavior ... restart the phone (LG G7 with Android 11) and everything worked again!
2021-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

A quick search confirms many issues with v1.4.8  I uninstalled that version and reinstalled v1.4.4

Version 1.4.8 Issues

Version 1.4.8 Issues
2021-7-21
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

It is this issue that keeps my drone in its bag.  I use android, and that seems where the issues are most seen.  I may just sell this camera drone only due to the fact of the company's herky jerky software updates that are far from rock solid.
2021-7-21
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Both my mini 2 & Air 2S are having issues with the Fly app, menus & display readouts freeze intermittently . On the Air 2S I posted as such. I am trying to work with DJI Mindy, sent LOG files. Rebooting the Fly App during flight is stressful!
2021-7-21
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

DAFlys Posted at 7-20 23:15
At least 1.4.8 brings back the option to disable charging.    Ive had a few flights with it and so far its been fine for me,   using iPhone 12 Pro max.

Ah, I forgot that, you are right I was only thinking the Android side, I should have elaborated. That being said, I personally see Fly a huge stepdown coming from Go4. Both in compatibiilty and function.
2021-7-21
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Absolutely no issues for me! Been flying my bird on Fly app 1.4.2 since early this year and it is always a joy with no problems whatsoever. Many of you folk are wayyyy too eager to update for no real benefit and only problems. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
2021-7-21
Use props
amorias
lvl.2

Canada

I uninstalled 1.4.8 and installed 1.4.4 and all problems went away. I do miss the Shutter Speed Control in 1.4.8 though...
2021-7-21
Use props
dankirk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74997 ft
United States

Can you downgrade the app version on an IOS device?
2021-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 7-21 12:12
Ah, I forgot that, you are right  I was only thinking the Android side, I should have elaborated. That being said, I personally see Fly a huge stepdown coming from Go4. Both in compatibiilty and function.

I was flying the M2P the other day and the stick controls available there are so much better than the fly app,  its such a shame they are "dumbing" it down like that.
2021-7-21
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 7-21 12:45
Absolutely no issues for me! Been flying my bird on Fly app 1.4.2 since early this year and it is always a joy with no problems whatsoever. Many of you folk are wayyyy too eager to update for no real benefit and only problems. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

to a point I agree with you ... but features are nice, updated flysafe is nice .... glad the batteries drain now in storage for instance.   I'm going to revert back to 1.4.4, since I haven't flown since the 1.4.8 came out, in fear of losing my bird after seeing everyone having problems, well, not you!  Too many are having problems, and the company is completely afk.
2021-7-22
Use props
_IcEBoX_
lvl.2
Austria

I have a big problem with the live transmission, I have constant jerking and it is very difficult to change the settings during the flight, I'm using 1.4.8, Mini 2, Huawei P20
2021-7-24
Use props
agparask
lvl.3
Flight distance : 237297 ft
Greece

The same here. My first flight with my Mini2 and android10, the app stopped working after a while, the phone buttons (rec setting etc) stop working and the gimbal at some point made his own, as I flew over a lake. I was scared, fortunately the application worked after a while and I managed to land it. I installed the older application 1.4.4 as you said in this forum.
2021-7-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

agparask Posted at 7-24 12:06
The same here. My first flight with my Mini2 and android10, the app stopped working after a while, the phone buttons (rec setting etc) stop working and the gimbal at some point made his own, as I flew over a lake. I was scared, fortunately the application worked after a while and I managed to land it. I installed the older application 1.4.4 as you said in this forum.

Absolutely no problems with it. S21 Ultra, Android 11, Mini 2 and batteries operate as designed.
2021-7-24
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70125 ft
United States

amorias Posted at 7-21 17:03
I uninstalled 1.4.8 and installed 1.4.4 and all problems went away. I do miss the Shutter Speed Control in 1.4.8 though...

Hello Can you share the DJI FLY 1.4.4 for android?
Thanks in advance
2021-7-24
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

Skylee Posted at 7-24 16:04
Hello Can you share the DJI FLY 1.4.4 for android?
Thanks in advance

Hi here is the link chosen the one that suits you best. https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_ ... e=apk&s=dji+fly
2021-7-24
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

DAFlys Posted at 7-21 23:06
I was flying the M2P the other day and the stick controls available there are so much better than the fly app,  its such a shame they are "dumbing" it down like that.

I loved the EXP settings when I had Mavic Air I don't care much about Mini2, but if I owned the Air2 or Air2S and had to use "fly" with it, I would have been pretty upset...
2021-7-25
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

CemAygun Posted at 7-25 00:01
I loved the EXP settings when I had Mavic Air  I don't care much about Mini2, but if I owned the Air2 or Air2S and had to use "fly" with it, I would have been pretty upset...

If you "don't care much about Mini 2" please enlighten us what are YOU doing on a forum discussing the Mini 2? Don't you have anything better to do, no?
2021-7-25
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 7-25 01:35
If you "don't care much about Mini 2" please enlighten us what are YOU doing on a forum discussing the Mini 2? Don't you have anything better to do, no?

2021-7-25
Use props
_IcEBoX_
lvl.2
Austria

_IcEBoX_ Posted at 7-24 06:04
I have a big problem with the live transmission, I have constant jerking and it is very difficult to change the settings during the flight, I'm using 1.4.8, Mini 2, Huawei P20

small update: The jerks are caused by the grid lines, I only activated the crosshair and it no longer jerks.
maybe that will help someone
2021-7-25
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

After some weeks of bad weather and time constraints i updated today to 1.4.8 Build 1120 on my Galaxy S20 5G.
I did fly with my MA2 and Mini 2 two batteries each without any issues even up to 300m away and 50m hight.
The only glitches i expierenced was a for less than half a second in the video stream everytime an airplane was passing by.
I was flying close to the approach zone of a big airport which is 20km away from my home.
My conclusion is that the radar of the planes does interfere the 5GHz connection between the  drone and the RC.
Over all everything works as it should.
What i really appriciated is, that now the obstical avoidance warnings will be shown in the attitude indicator on the bottem left as a red line on the front or rear of the drone icon.
2021-7-25
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

MySky Posted at 7-25 03:47
After some weeks of bad weather and time constraints i updated today to 1.4.8 Build 1120 on my Galaxy S20 5G.
I did fly with my MA2 and Mini 2 two batteries each without any issues even up to 300m away and 50m hight.
The only glitches i expierenced was a for less than half a second in the video stream everytime an airplane was passing by.

Same here. Samsung S20fe 5G (Android 11) or DJI SC with 1.4.8 (1120) with Mini 2, no problem.

I got the feeling the problems are more situated around certain models of Android smart phones / processors instead of Android builds.
2021-7-25
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

I am using 1.4.8 1120 on the Smart Controller. Sofar I had no issues.
2021-7-25
Use props
Gif2D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

Tested DJI Fly 1.4.8.1120 version with all 3 batteries in FMC package. Phone used: Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro with Android 11.
App suddenly got all infos frozen, but live-stream from Mini 2 was OK. Before using 1.4.8 no similar issues were observed.
Happens in mid-flight, about 7-10 minutes of flight.
2021-7-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am using the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" and the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g, done about 15 fights i think with no issues so far.
2021-7-27
Use props
JCDM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102156 ft
Bolivia

_IcEBoX_ Posted at 7-24 06:04

P20 PRO here, no issues at all with 1.4.8
2021-7-29
Use props
djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276473 ft
Slovenia

videoeditman Posted at 7-21 10:51
Both my mini 2 & Air 2S are having issues with the Fly app, menus & display readouts freeze intermittently . On the Air 2S I posted as such. I am trying to work with DJI Mindy, sent LOG files. Rebooting the Fly App during flight is stressful!
The same happening to me after update to 1.4.8, freezing everything on the screen, eventualy I get the message DJI fly app not responding and then my tablet not responding to anything. Brand new tripltek pro 7' tablet, just scarry. I am affraid of loseing my drone...
2021-7-29
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2790305 ft
Belgium

1.4.8 for a while and no problems encountered... On Iphone 11 and samsung S6 lite tablet. With a Mavic Air 2.
2021-8-1
Use props
I88K4S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 979094 ft
South Africa

I have experienced similar issues on a Redmi note 7 Android phone, had to restart my phone mid flight this afternoon as the app was freezing everything up.  The drone has also randomly ascended on it's own when it was nowhere near a forced RTH and it's also had parts of the app display disappear or be non responsive and require an app restart. I've owned the drone for four months now,  it's logged 87 flights and over 200 kilometers without issue till now.
2021-8-3
Use props
joshbootz
New

United States

I had the same issue in a flight with my brand new 2S. Never had the same happen with the other app. Feed and app controls frozen. Controller was fine but ruined my chance of getting the footage I needed flying commercially under part 107. All firmware updates were current as of 2012-08-20.
Any chance DJI will update soon? My only other real option is to buy a used mavic 2 pro to continue working. 2S is not reliable at this point.
2021-8-23
Use props
Dean Spence
lvl.1
Flight distance : 680358 ft
Canada

I'm in discussion with DJI about a blank screen and non responsive controls which resulted in a flyaway.
2021-8-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dean Spence Posted at 8-31 12:31
I'm in discussion with DJI about a blank screen and non responsive controls which resulted in a flyaway.

How did it end up with a fly-away? it should've returned to home unless;
  • you took off before it had time to see the home point
  • you changed the home point during flight
  • you are on a boat and forgot to change the home point
  • home point was set correctly but flying in too strong a tailwind thus the drone could not RTH under its own steam
  • RTH height set to low
  • magnetic interference during initialisation
  • mechanical failure, unlikely, but would be very unlucky with that and  a black screen jobby

I will have forgotten a few I'm sure, but 1 of the above coupled with a black screen can result in what

might appear to look like a fly-away, hope you can get it resolved.

Posting the flight log here may help, follow the instructions HERE, than come back with the link to it
2021-8-31
Use props
Nicolas Paredes
New
Flight distance : 75735 ft
Argentina

I've updated to the 1.4.8 1120 on my s21 ultra and is not working. Only once I could fly the Drone, then the controller keeps disconnecting and the app doesn't recognize the cellphone. Is frustrating that dji doesn't care about this
2021-9-10
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Said issues regarding said firmware is likely being discussed with said engineers.
And they thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-9-10
Use props
amorias
lvl.2

Canada

amorias Posted at 7-21 17:03

The ONLY reason I like 1.4.8 is the Shutter Speed Control...DJI , Please bring out a new update (1.4.9) with the new Shutter Speed Control...Thanks in advance.
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_sLxvSto2HI8M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1524783 ft

Portugal

Instalo a 1.4-4 mas depois volta para a 1.4.8... no aplicativo desativei o que vi de atualizações mas volta sempre a maldita. Alguém me dá uma dica?
Sempre voei sem problemas com as versões anteriores, mas esta, duas graves falhas, a ultima bloqueou tudo e o drone voltou mas desceu sem os sensores de pouso e se quebrou no chão danificando a placa de baixo. Agora não desliga nem conecta ao rádio. Tive de comprar outro. Guardo este para peças se precisar, oxalá não.
2021-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules