746 3 2015-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276532 ft
  • >>>
United States

My cousin is trying to practice on the simulator before he flies the Pantom for real. He would like to do this in the comfort of his own home. However, he cannot do this...because he lives in a no fly zone and for some unfathomable reason, the SIMULATOR is disabled in no fly zones.

Now, before people jump on me and tell me that this has been covered before, please earn the privelege of doing so by including a link. I found one post discussing no fly zones and the simulator and it was not resolved.

We have tried covering the phantom with foil but it still refuses to fly in the simulator.

So, can someone from DJI please explain the rationale for not allowing the SIMULATOR to function in the no fly zone? Do you really expect us to travel somewhere else just to fly the simulator? How can this be resolved?????

Thank you for your time.

Paul Lopansri
2015-7-24
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

I think it's reticules that you even have to power up the P3 just to use the simulator. What a PITA!
2015-7-24
Use props
paul
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

AGREED!!! Baffled by all these requirements on a tool that is supposed to teach you how to be safe!!!
2015-7-24
Use props
paul
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So, can a DJI rep please give me some insight as to why the simulator is so restricted?
Thanks,
Paul
2015-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules