Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2889432 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,  
Is there something I'm missing? My Air 2S has no 20% low battery warning. It goes right past it (no sounds etc) right down to nothing (if I let it) My Mavic Air and my Mavic Pro both had a warning at 20% - plus I could set that level - this has no settings either.

I'm not bothered about more flight time, so 20% is fine - but going right past 20% means I have to watch the battery like a hawk - I'd like the warning, what's wrong?

It's also been drifting a lot, but that's for another post
2021-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, please kindly note that the DJI Air 2S is using DJI Fly which is different from DJI Go 4. The Low Battery RTH will be triggered and the DJI Fly will display a warning when the battery is depleted to the point that the safe return of the aircraft may be affected.
2021-7-21
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Mindy - thanks so much for the reply. The third battery today went right down to 2% before I brought it back? No landing, no warning?

2021-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheOneAndDroney Posted at 7-21 00:46
Hi Mindy - thanks so much for the reply. The third battery today went right down to 2% before I brought it back? No landing, no warning?

We are sorry to hear about the issue you encountered. May I confirm that did you cancel the RTH by pressing the button? Are you able to retrieve the drone? If yes, could you please export the log of the aircraft for our further analysis?
2021-7-21
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

I think we have crossed wires. I’m saying that I fly the drone - each time I do, there is no warning (ever) of the battery level. I’ve flown it close (and far away) and the battery will just drain (all the way down to zero) without any indication of it low, returning or anything.

It also won’t fly past 800m distance without losing go signal (with no obstacles) It goes from full bars, straight to none. No degradation 4,3,2,1 - full to none.

It’s an expensive drone, and the issues are a little concerning. My wifi Air had better range than this O3? Makes no sense.
2021-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheOneAndDroney Posted at 7-21 01:48
I think we have crossed wires. I’m saying that I fly the drone - each time I do, there is no warning (ever) of the battery level. I’ve flown it close (and far away) and the battery will just drain (all the way down to zero) without any indication of it low, returning or anything.

It also won’t fly past 800m distance without losing go signal (with no obstacles) It goes from full bars, straight to none. No degradation 4,3,2,1 - full to none.

Could you please upload the flight data for our further analysis? Please open the DJI Fly app-> Profile->More. If there is a message saying flight records are not uploaded, please tap 'Upload' to synchronize the data and then tell us your account.
As for the signal issue, please note that this issue may also relate to the flight environment, you can try to fly in another place with less interference, adjust the antennas of the RC, make sure the remote controller's antennas are pointed towards the aircraft.
2021-7-21
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Hi, there are no antennas to adjust on the RC?? I’m not really sure you are reading the replies I’m sending? I already said there are no obstacles and no interference at all. Of course I’ve tried different locations - I’ve been flying DJI drones for a number of years and I wouldn’t make a post if it wasn’t a genuine issue.

This Air 2S has the worst signal from all of the DJI drones I’ve owed, apart from the original wifi Air (terrible) - which is about the same, I can just about get 1KM on a good day. O3 is supposed to be 12km, not 800m??

I just Googled it and there are lots of issues with the Air 2S having worse signal/reception that the previous MA2, so it’s not user issue.

I’ll get the logs, but it think I’ll try three more batteries to gain more information (and a new location)

I do appreciate your reply and understand you might need the logs, but the range is an existing A2S issue, plus saying to “adjust the antenna” really shows you don’t know the drone/RC I’m referring to
2021-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheOneAndDroney Posted at 7-21 03:00
Hi, there are no antennas to adjust on the RC?? I’m not really sure you are reading the replies I’m sending? I already said there are no obstacles and no interference at all. Of course I’ve tried different locations - I’ve been flying DJI drones for a number of years and I wouldn’t make a post if it wasn’t a genuine issue.

This Air 2S has the worst signal from all of the DJI drones I’ve owed, apart from the original wifi Air (terrible) - which is about the same, I can just about get 1KM on a good day. O3 is supposed to be 12km, not 800m??

I sincerely apologize for the improper expression and misunderstanding caused. And we are also sorry for the issues you encountered. Could you please help us to check if the firmware versions of the aircraft and the remote controller are the latest ones? You may also PM me your account if it's not convenient to post publicly. We are always here to help, please take your time.
2021-7-21
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Thank you. There is also a problem with the app/updates also. The drone is up to date, as is the controller. However, if I open the app and don’t connect the drone, it asked me to download the latest firmware (it’s the same firmware as the drone has already).

If I download it, connect the drone, it says up to date. Turn off the drone, open and close the app - then it says there’s an update - guess what? It’s the same update!

So to be clear. The drone IS updated (to the firmware the app is trying to download) but the app wants to download it on opening every time.

I’ve never had so many niggling issues with a DJI product. I spent $2199 on the drone/fly more - plus $169 in the DJI Care Refresh. (AUD)
48AB3619-BA3D-4A01-90E9-25029E28E5C6.png
2021-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

TheOneAndDroney Posted at 7-21 03:32
Thank you. There is also a problem with the app/updates also. The drone is up to date, as is the controller. However, if I open the app and don’t connect the drone, it asked me to download the latest firmware (it’s the same firmware as the drone has already).

If I download it, connect the drone, it says up to date. Turn off the drone, open and close the app - then it says there’s an update - guess what? It’s the same update!

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused you. Could you please reinstall the app and download it via our official website? Also, you may try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC or Mac, and kindly please update/refresh the firmware as this might help the issue. You may refer to the link below to learn how to update it via the said software. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-21
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

I’ve updated, removed, reinstalled etc and still the same. I actually don’t care too much as today I had a really scary situation where the drone lost it’s video transmission completely! It was out to sea, no obstacles at only 250-300m away from me (but high 120m so couldn’t see it).  

Anyway, I reset the app, nothing, unplugged it, nothing and just before it lost signal, it said return to home, but it never did, it just disconnected and sat out there.

I was gutted and thought I’d lost it for sure. The only thing showing was the small circle in the bottom of the fly app showing the direction. I tried to fly back but it was limited to 0.1 m/s. I thought the battery wouldn’t make it - so I put it into sport mode and it went faster.

Once I could see it over the water, I navigated it back to me as quick as I could to the grass. Upon landing it just dropped onto the grass (without saying “Landing” and slowing landing softly)

I had to pull the battery and put another to get video back
2021-7-30
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

I’ve since noticed two lost Air 2S drones within 50k’s of me (on Facebook Marketplace) making me the third to lose video transmission and then the drone (although I was lucky). This isn’t a coincidence - is there a problem with this new drone? It’s too expensive to take chances with. What’s going on please?

I don’t want to fly it again until I get some clarification on what’s happening.
2021-7-30
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Hi, do I need to make a new post to have this issues looked into? It’s pretty bad that it loses video link at such a short distance
2021-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TheOneAndDroney Posted at 7-31 18:33
Hi, do I need to make a new post to have this issues looked into? It’s pretty bad that it loses video link at such a short distance

Hi there, I am sorry for the issues you encountered. Rest assured, we will do our best to help you out.
Is it convenient to provide a screen recording of the issue for further confirmation?
Besides, I noticed that you mentioned the drone dropped onto the grass, did it cause any damage to the drone? If so, we may suggest that you send the drone back for a further diagnosis.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2021-8-1
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. As for screen recording, do you mean the logs or was I actually recording my iPhone screen at the time? If it was the latter, then no, I don’t ever record my screen. I guess the logs will be in the Fly App - but I don’t know what to do with them.

(There was no damage to the drone. I was referring to the slight pause when descending to land, along with the “landing” verbal notice. I just came down slowly to land, but it didn’t pause or speak, it continued down until the ground stopped it)
2021-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TheOneAndDroney Posted at 8-1 01:26
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. As for screen recording, do you mean the logs or was I actually recording my iPhone screen at the time? If it was the latter, then no, I don’t ever record my screen. I guess the logs will be in the Fly App - but I don’t know what to do with them.

You're most welcome. The screen recording means actually recording your iPhone screen at the time so we can help to check the details of the problem.

Below are the methods to Exporting Flight Controller Aircraft Data and Flight records, you may upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us.
1. Exporting Flight Controller Aircraft Data
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link:
DJI Air 2S: https://www.dji.com/cn/air-2s/downloads
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.

2.Exporting Flight Record:
Android device: Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, and then export the "flightrecord" folder.
iOS device: Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "flightrecord" folder.

Should there be any further issue, you may send the drone back for a thorough diagnosis. We'll do our best to help this out.

2021-8-1
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 8-1 22:41
You're most welcome. The screen recording means actually recording your iPhone screen at the time so we can help to check the details of the problem.

Below are the methods to Exporting Flight Controller Aircraft Data and Flight records, you may upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us.

SO I looked at the logs, and it says it was "backing up"? It was 120m high and 300m out to sea. Zero obstacles?

2021-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TheOneAndDroney Posted at 8-1 23:08
SO I looked at the logs, and it says it was "backing up"? It was 120m high and 300m out to sea. Zero obstacles?

[view_image]

As replied above, you may export the related logs and upload them to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us. We'd like to help to check it.
Or you may send the drone back for a thorough diagnosis via https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Thanks.
2021-8-2
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 8-2 01:04
As replied above, you may export the related logs and upload them to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us. We'd like to help to check it.
Or you may send the drone back for a thorough diagnosis via https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Thanks.

Here you go. This is the actual flight. The event happens at approximately 12-13mins onward. Thanks
2021-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TheOneAndDroney Posted at 8-3 00:56
Flight Log

Here you go. This is the actual flight. The event happens at approximately 12-13mins onward. Thanks

Got it. I'll forward your flight record to our corresponding team for a check.
2021-8-3
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 8-3 23:41
Got it. I'll forward your flight record to our corresponding team for a check.

That's great - thank you!
2021-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TheOneAndDroney Posted at 8-3 23:57
That's great - thank you!

Sorry for the inconvenience. According to our team, the data that you provided is invalid (unable to analyze the video transmission loss issue), could you please provide it again? At the same time, the below information is needed too:
1. The model and OS of your mobile device.
2. Screen recording of the issue.
3. Flight Controller Aircraft Data.

Otherwise, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send the drone in for a diagnosis. Thanks.
2021-8-4
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 8-4 00:07
Sorry for the inconvenience. According to our team, the data that you provided is invalid (unable to analyze the video transmission loss issue), could you please provide it again? At the same time, the below information is needed too:
1. The model and OS of your mobile device.
2. Screen recording of the issue.

I can get the other stuff - but I don't understand why you think I'd have a screen recording of it? I've been flying your drones for years now and never recorded the phones' screen? Why would I need to record the screen? Sorry, I just don't understand?
2021-8-4
Use props
Fat_Panda
lvl.1

Hong Kong

TheOneAndDroney Posted at 8-4 00:12
I can get the other stuff - but I don't understand why you think I'd have a screen recording of it? I've been flying your drones for years now and never recorded the phones' screen? Why would I need to record the screen? Sorry, I just don't understand?

Cooperate with them to provide as much information as possible! They always need a screenshot of the error prompt in the app or a screen recording of a video to better locate the problem. It's not a big deal, you can change different flight environments to try and screen record the video.

Actually, if the issues always happen when you change flight environment, you'd better send the drone to DJI for diagnosis.
2021-8-4
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

I think you’ve misunderstood? I am cooperating, and it’s a one off issue (did you read the original post?).

I’m simply wondering why I’d have a screen recording of it (as if I knew it was going to lose signal?)

Also, losing the drone signal is a new thing for me, so thinking that I should start a screen recording rather than trying my best to recover the drone makes no sense.

I don’t start screen recording each time I fly the drone, never have done and never will.
2021-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TheOneAndDroney Posted at 8-4 00:12

Hi there, just to clarify, through the screen recording, we are able to check the flight environment combined with the parameters of the flight, as well as the whole flight interface (including whether there is any error message, etc.), that would be helpful for us to check along with the flight record/data. Thank you very much for your understanding.
2021-8-4
Use props
vancuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209232 ft

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-21 03:22
I sincerely apologize for the improper expression and misunderstanding caused. And we are also sorry for the issues you encountered. Could you please help us to check if the firmware versions of the aircraft and the remote controller are the latest ones? You may also PM me your account if it's not convenient to post publicly. We are always here to help, please take your time.

Hi Dji,
This aircraft definitely has a problem. last week I lost mine in the woods. it could not RTH 1500m. 37% battery power left. battery depleted too fast. lost the aircraft, 500m from home point. on a tree.

I did a  Flyaway claim and got a new aircraft yesterday.
I tested it today, same problem , latest firmware. I canceled auto return home and landed aircraft manually.  I'll be setting RTH battery level to 40 % (which is useless flight time of 55%) . Also a low altitude on RTH. this aircraft uses too much battery power to when windy.
I can't afford to pay for another drone.
DJI has to admit this issue and replace the existing battery with a higher capacity battery.
My mavic zoom never had any issue. I regret selling it.
Please do not buy Mavic Air 2S. battery quickly depleting issue is real.

Aircraft lost connection to remote 1691m away, 33% battery left.

Aircraft lost connection to remote 1691m away, 33% battery left.
Screenshot_20211218-214803.jpg

559m away, 10% battery left. aircraft stops responding.

559m away, 10% battery left. aircraft stops responding.
2021-12-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

vancuy Posted at 12-18 02:33
Hi Dji,
This aircraft definitely has a problem. last week I lost mine in the woods. it could not RTH 1500m. 37% battery power left. battery depleted too fast. lost the aircraft, 500m from home point. on a tree.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please contact our support through email? They will further verify the issue and help you. We will contact you as soon as possible during working days. Thanks for your understanding. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer  
2021-12-18
Use props
vancuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209232 ft

Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-18 03:49
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please contact our support through email? They will further verify the issue and help you. We will contact you as soon as possible during working days. Thanks for your understanding. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer

I did a  Flyaway claim and got a new aircraft two days ago.
It is a fantastic aircraft with a flaw. I never had this issue with Mavic Zoom.
Air means light and does not handle wind like mavic zoom.
Thank You.
2021-12-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

vancuy Posted at 12-19 05:06
I did a  Flyaway claim and got a new aircraft two days ago.
It is a fantastic aircraft with a flaw. I never had this issue with Mavic Zoom.
Air means light and does not handle wind like mavic zoom.

Hello, there. Thanks for your reply. We apologize for the inconvenience. The maximum flight time (31 minutes) stated in official promotion data is measured when the aircraft is flying at 5.4 m/s in windless conditions (25°C) from taking off with a full battery level to the time when the aircraft triggers a low battery warning and automatically lands on the ground. However, during the actual flight, due to environmental limitations (temperature, wind power, and air pressure) and aircraft speed, the maximum flight time may be decreased to different levels.
If your new drone has any problem, you may contact our support or apply for an online repair request. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
2021-12-20
Use props
fans47b12431
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2021-7-21 00:40
Hi there, please kindly note that the DJI Air 2S is using DJI Fly which is different from DJI Go 4. The Low Battery RTH will be triggered and the DJI Fly will display a warning when the battery is depleted to the point that the safe return of the aircraft may be affected.
[view_image]

we need sound warning when battery below 20% to keep alert user that cancel RTH
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans47b12431 Posted at 6-11 16:44
we need sound warning when battery below 20% to keep alert user that cancel RTH

Hi there, please note that the aircraft will automatically determine whether the current battery level is sufficient based on the aircraft position information. When the app prompts that “the aircraft is in low battery level, and please return the aircraft to the home point or land as soon as possible”, the remote controller will beep.
The DJI Fly app will display a notice if the current battery level can only support the aircraft to return to the Home Point. The user can cancel the RTH procedure by pressing the RTH button on the remote controller.
* If RTH is cancelled following a low battery level warning, the Intelligent Flight Battery may not have enough power for the aircraft to land safely, which may lead to the aircraft crashing or being lost. Therefore, we recommend you RTH in time.
The aircraft will give a warning and land automatically if the current battery level can only support the aircraft long enough to descend from its current altitude. The user cannot cancel the auto landing but can use the remote controller (when the Wi-Fi signal is strong) to alter the aircraft’s orientation during the landing process.
But we will also forward your request to the corresponding team for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules