Air 2s didn't ask for Compass or IMU Calibration out of the box.
1405 3 2021-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RockyPeli
lvl.1

Germany

Hi all,
I just bought an Air 2S and I am very new to drones. I already had the first flight with the drone and everything worked perfectly fine. However, while pursuing the do's and don'ts of drones, I came across a lot of articles saying a new drone should always be calibrated for the compass and IMU before the first flight. However, I did no such thing and the drone flies perfectly well. So my questions are;
  • Do I really need to calibrate the compass and IMU unnecessarily? The drone didn't ask me to do it either yet.
  • I read calibration is required if the drone does not fly or hover properly. Now what exactly does 'not fly properly or hover properly mean'?
  • When I hover the drone, it does not hover dead steady in the exact pin point accurate spot and it moves ever so slightly here and there (indoors and in no wind conditions). Not really as much to call it improper hovering. It moves a bit but holds position (more like a shaky hover). But since I am new to drones, I don't know what improper hovering is because of which you would need a calibration. Is the way my drone hovers improper and is supposed to stay extremely dead still at one spot or the way it is hovering for me normal?

2021-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the newer drones you only really need to calibrate when prompted to do so,  and even then you may get a compass calibrate because there is metal under the take off point,   for example on a concrete surface there may be metal rebar inside it.  
2021-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A small amount of movement when hovering is normal.
2021-7-21
Use props
RockyPeli
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Hi all,
I just bought an Air 2S and I am very new to drones. I already had the first flight with the drone and everything worked perfectly fine. However, while pursuing the do's and don'ts of drones, I came across a lot of articles saying a new drone should always be calibrated for the compass and IMU before the first flight. However, I did no such thing and the drone flies perfectly well. So my questions are;
Do I really need to calibrate the compass and IMU unnecessarily? The drone didn't ask me to do it either yet.
I read calibration is required if the drone does not fly or hover properly. Now what exactly does 'not fly properly or hover properly mean'?
When I hover the drone, it does not hover dead steady in the exact pin point accurate spot and it moves ever so slightly here and there (indoors and in no wind conditions). Not really as much to call it improper hovering. It moves a bit but holds position (more like a shaky hover). But since I am new to drones, I don't know what improper hovering is because of which you would need a calibration. Is the way my drone hovers improper and is supposed to stay extremely dead still at one spot or the way it is hovering for me normal? https://getappvalley.com/

issue got solved
2021-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules