Hey dip... DJI, correct video format out of the box please.
575 5 2021-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

Yes, so this is my replacement, and I forgot to either select H264 or H265 as default format and I got some amazing aerial footage above a mountain yesterday only to discover that it's the stupid fucking format out of the box (H264) that causes the footage to pause / hitch / skip / stutter every other second.

Golf clap for incompetence? I have what would otherwise be amazing footage ruined because the default format is not H265 out of the box? Can you please fucking make the default format the fucking format that doesn't skip every 2 seconds? Can you also turn the fucking audio on by default? Are you fucking retarded?
2021-7-21
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

If its skipping, its your computer. After the update, mine reverted to H264 and I couldn't tell until I noticed it in my editor. No hiccups at all with the footage.
2021-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. Could you please try the suggestion above? Please test with another video player and another computer. If it still not works, could you please send us the original footage to check it further?
2021-7-23
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

Have you tried a faster sd card?  I had issues when I first got mine with video stuttering and could not iron it out.  put in a faster card and no more problem.  They are apparently sensitive to the quality of sd card you use.  Just a thought
2021-7-25
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

coyotejuice Posted at 7-25 11:07
Have you tried a faster sd card?  I had issues when I first got mine with video stuttering and could not iron it out.  put in a faster card and no more problem.  They are apparently sensitive to the quality of sd card you use.  Just a thought

Yes, the problem is that H265 is the default format and recording with H265 results in the video pausing / hitching every 2 seconds and you only realize this is a problem after you do a bunch of flying and recording and no you have wasted video / flight time unless you know how to convert H265 to H264. You also have no audio because the audio is disabled by default, for reasons that defy logic. There is no audio in all of my earliest recorded flight time from the video taken on board the drone itself. It was only after I ran an internet search did I realize that audio recording is disabled by default, again, for reasons that defy logic. It's not even in the fucking manual. None of this is.

Stupid decisions on the part of DJI.  
2021-7-25
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

The audio recording is useless anyway unless you just want to hear the motors and rotor wash.  It will barely pick up fireworks exploding over the top of its own noise.
2021-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules