4K Images Auto Download
3526 7 2021-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PFieldBox
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi everyone,

Not sure it is the right place to write this message. Let me know if I should write it on another channel.

Does anyone know if we can download automatically all the pictures in 4K taken by a DJI drone (for example the Mavic Air) to our smartphones or the DJI smart controller?
Precisely, I would like to automatically download in 4K the images taken by my drone while it is flying. I would like to do this in real-time as much as possible as I can't wait for the drone to finish its flight.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Best
2021-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, we are sorry to let you know that MAVIC AIR only downloads videos and pictures with the resolution equal to or less than 1080P. It is suggested to export directly from the SD card because the download speed will be very slow from the APP. Thanks and best regards.
2021-7-21
Use props
PFieldBox
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi DJI Thor,

Thank you for the fast answer.

Two follow-up questions:
1. We do not want to download full videos. Only photos in 4K. I think downloading photos, even in 4K, should be ok, don't you think? If yes, do you know if it is possible?
2. If Mavic Air cannot upload photos of 4K directly to my smartphones or to my DJI Smart Controller, are other drones able to do it?

Thank you in advance for your answers,
Best,
Pierre
2021-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

PFieldBox Posted at 7-21 22:52
Hi DJI Thor,

Hi Pierre, Mavic air only supports 720p photos download. May we know what mobile are you using? Some of the drones can support 4K video and photo download, but the playability depends on the hardware limitations of the mobile device.
2021-7-22
Use props
PFieldBox
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi DJI Thor,

For now, we did not select any. We are precisely looking for the drone/smartphones combo that can upload 4K photos.
Any recommendation of smartphones therefore?

Also, would DJI smart controller be a solution?
Thank you for your help
2021-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PFieldBox Posted at 7-22 01:00
Hi DJI Thor,

For now, we did not select any. We are precisely looking for the drone/smartphones combo that can upload 4K photos.

Hi there, you can refer to the supported mobile device on the compatible list of each app. https://www.dji.com/downloads?site=brandsite&from=nav
And yes, 4k footage can be downloaded directly to the DJI Smart Controller from the drone.
2021-7-22
Use props
PFieldBox
lvl.1

France

Hi DJI Mindy,

One last question: do you know if the downloading process can be automated? Like can we activate an "auto-download" option somewhere?

Thank you for your help,
Best Regards,
Pierre
2021-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PFieldBox Posted at 7-22 23:47
Hi DJI Mindy,

You can enable 'Auto Sync HS Photo' to download photos from the aircraft to the DJI Fly app on your mobile phone. And please kindly note that this function is only supported by DJI Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2.
2021-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules