1281 2 2021-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NOISY EXTERNAL MIC - I have had my Pocket 2 for 3 days now and have tried it on several test shoots. Using the built in mics is fine, getting a good signal to noise ratio, but I bought the camera mainly to use the wireless mic on outdoor vlogs and b-roll BUT I cannot get rid of the whirring noise on every single recording. Tried different dB levels, different outdoor settings away from any electrical interference, different distances, a constant background electrical sounding buzz which renders the device useless for field voice recording ....

Further - I love the quality of the footage and stabilization but was wrong to think this was more than a video recorder. The timelapse feature capturing just to 1080p was a big shock and no way to get higher quality other than more than 3s intervals and lots of post production! A crazy hungry battery that is only giving me about an hour of capture at 4k 30fps. Unsuable HDR video (crop and quality) and sadly stills that are not worth taking now (even 64MP raws and 3x3 mosaics)?

If there is a way to fix the noisy external mic I can probably live with the rest, as in not bother using them, but audio is critical, otherwise a refund request on the way ...
2021-7-22
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Deafening silence, unlike the background noise using the wireless mic!
2021-7-23
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tested the mic and the wireless mic on p2 and they are terrible.  I use an external recorder when I shoot cause the p2 audio is that bad. The audio can be denoised in post for some help.
2021-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules