Drowning prevention software changes
811 9 2021-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZZQgkzwCPUuv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 767959 ft
United Kingdom

OK so I drowned my 2nd mini2 in 2 months here's my take on the issues that could have prevented the total loss of at least the last loss.
1. Set a minimum height limit so that you can't go too far below the take off point. I managed -20 metres before splashing down to join Nessie.
2.Allow the joystick up and down positions to be reversed so that it can be flown like a plane, push=dive, pull=pull up. I went into a diving turn instead of a rising turn and gulped in too much H2O.
Both of these easy software solutions could have prevented my second expensive loss.
I'm sure other ex flight simulator bods with existing muscle memory would concur.
Before you flame me simple software fixes like these make for a fail safer flying experience for all.
Happy droning
2021-7-22
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

China

1. Nope. You shouldn't be making such limitations because there're many situations that you need the negative altitude to be allowed. Like if you're flying in the mountains or you're releasing the drone from a peak to have a bird's view around the hills.

2. Yes, this should be allowed.  Everyone should be allowed to fly in his own way. I'm confused that DJI doesn't allow us to create our own controlling schemes.
2021-7-22
Use props
djiuser_ZZQgkzwCPUuv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-22 09:52
1. Nope. You shouldn't be making such limitations because there're many situations that you need the negative altitude to be allowed. Like if you're flying in the mountains or you're releasing the drone from a peak to have a bird's view around the hills.

2. Yes, this should be allowed.  Everyone should be allowed to fly in his own way. I'm confused that DJI doesn't allow us to create our own controlling schemes.
The negative limit could be hundreds or thousands of meters. If you choose to dive off everest set "no limit" or some negative value lower than everest height. I meant a setable limit not an absolute fixed one. You currently have a height limit so why not a "depth" limit too?
2021-7-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

1 not a bad idea, same as max altitude.
2 don't get mad, but learn to fly a drone
I would venture that most drone flyers have never seen a fixed wing controller. Up is up, down is down is easier for us. Like playing banjo, guitar and mandolin. All different fingering and tuning but no one complains, they learn to play!
2021-7-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i can agree with these an options; not a problem.
2021-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep flying.
2021-7-23
Use props
djiuser_ZZQgkzwCPUuv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-22 10:28
1 not a bad idea, same as max altitude.
2 don't get mad, but learn to fly a drone
I would venture that most drone flyers have never seen a fixed wing controller. Up is up, down is down is easier for us. Like playing banjo, guitar and mandolin. All different fingering and tuning but no one complains, they learn to play!

I accept that both losses were due to operator error but the custom flight control options are not truly customisable. Of course left as left and right as right for turning and slipping don't need interchanging just swapping joysticks is fine, as is fwd and back but up and down swapping would be the the perfect icing for the current imperfect custom cake.
BTW I play guitar, mandolin and a number of other instruments lol.
2021-7-23
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

You know what REALLY could have prevented your drone from drowning? If you were not a complete idiot and learnt how to fly the thing safely and properly. Do you struggle tying your shoelaces too?
2021-7-23
Use props
djiuser_ZZQgkzwCPUuv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 7-23 21:36
You know what REALLY could have prevented your drone from drowning? If you were not a complete idiot and learnt how to fly the thing safely and properly. Do you struggle tying your shoelaces too?
Wow my own troll. Cool
2021-7-24
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 7-23 21:36

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today...

Uncalled for.
2021-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules