Smart controller dissatisfied
423 4 2021-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Keithptf46
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1143852 ft
United States

So after activating my DJI smart controller today I am a bit upset. The DJI go 4 app is preinstalled and I had a chance to look at it. Well I’m rather not happy that I have an air 2, air 2s, two Mavic minis, plus the smart controller, we are talking several thousand dollars worth of equipment…… to find that my air 2 and 2s are running on watered down garbage of an app compared to the go 4 app, I can’t even use the 5D button on the controller, this is absolutely absurd, DJI you don’t say that in your advertisement for the controller, I’m rather mad I bought this now, I feel like for half the features available to me you should refund half my money for the smart controller! I’m really starting to not like the DJI company, so much smoke and mirrors tactics, doesn’t matter if you make the “best” if you are this disorganized!
2021-7-22
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are unhappy. You should return it. I recently bought an SC for my Air 2S and really like it. I do think that with a minimum of research you would have learned what the limitations were for the equipment you have. If you really want to hear pain, check out the Autel forums. Many people returning the Autel SC which cost quite a bit more than. the DJI. No one can make a product that pleases everyone.
2021-7-22
Use props
Keithptf46
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1143852 ft
United States

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 7-22 19:00
Sorry you are unhappy. You should return it. I recently bought an SC for my Air 2S and really like it. I do think that with a minimum of research you would have learned what the limitations were for the equipment you have. If you really want to hear pain, check out the Autel forums. Many people returning the Auto SC which cost quite a bit more than. the DJI. No one can make a product that pleases everyone.

That’s fair, I actually didn’t research it any further than the shiny advertisement on the website. I usually do a decent amount of research prior to a larger purchase. I was rather upset earlier when I posted, it’s a large amount of money for DJI equipment, I do like DJI, I guess I just don’t fully understand why they wouldn’t make the controller fully functional for all equipment it can control, it’s obviously capable as they already did it with the other app
2021-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Could you please provide us more details of the issue you encountered? Please elaborate on the 5D button issue. We will try our best to help.
2021-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Many would say that fly app is superior to go4 ,and from a photography point of view I would agree, in fact many many people complain about go4 . It completely blocks out up to 20% more vision than fly app and I’m struggling to know how you find it so inferior, unless you find it of more benefit to have your display blocked with nonsense green and red boxes .
Smart controller is a good tool probably costs twice as much as a standard controller but offers a lot more for the money you spent.
2021-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules