Best FPV googles for HDMI output?
4485 18 2015-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mackie1604
lvl.2

United States

Looking to get some FPV Googles to hook up to the new HDMI output coming.

What are people using?  I don't want some crazy monstrous headset either.  I was thinking Fat Shark.....any ideas/recommendations?
2015-7-24
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

I just purchase the Skyzone, mainly because it has a camera between the eyes to see your surroundings.
2015-7-24
Use props
enjkuck
lvl.1

United States

I've been eyeing the Zeiss Cinemizers.  Don't know if they are worth that kind of money or not.
2015-7-24
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

gsp171@mchsi.co Posted at 2015-7-25 00:50
I just purchase the Skyzone, mainly because it has a camera between the eyes to see your surrounding ...

Do they have a hdmi input?
2015-7-24
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

bastell Posted at 2015-7-25 15:57
Do they have a hdmi input?

Yes using their 5.8Ghz transmitter

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... _detailpage_o06_s00
2015-7-27
Use props
LeHussard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297523 ft
France

Headplay google!And they have great FOV!
2015-7-27
Use props
irepairapples
New

United Kingdom

We have installed the Phantom 3 HDMI board
2015-7-29
Use props
d_banyer
New

Australia

Hi,
New to the forums and fairly new to the drone world.. just bought my P3 Pro.
I am REALLY interested to know if it is possible and how to set up FPV using the HDMI output and a pair of Fatshark Attitude SD goggles? I have had them for a while for a custom hexcopter that I also fly, I have not set the goggles to the hexcopter yet either.
Cheers,
2015-8-1
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

These are the very best glasses for the P3 and the I1 I first created a wireless connect version, for the P2V,
The interface was called the madd device it connected the glasses wirelessly to the P2 pad or phone.

For the P3 hdmi board and the I1 I have eliminated the power supply,  wireless device, and the usb power connector, The glassses are a single hdmi connect that connects directly to the hdmi out of the p3 hdmi board and Inspire. the glasses power up when plugged into the remotes.

Check the specs, versus cinemizer or fatsharks, hands down these are the best buy and the best glasses for the P3 and I1 for FPV.  The glasses are very thin, you can keep LOS see the pad and the glasses all at the same time, They match the system perfectly, they look as thought hey came with drone.

Dont be fooled by knock offs check the FOV angle the knock offs or older versions are 26 degree FOV.  Mine are 32degree FOV . A wider and bigger view than cinemizer. better format.

direct hdmi connected 2.jpg direct hdmi disconnected.jpg

These will be available on Ebay this week, by midweek. do a search for Phantom 3 FPV video glasses.  This is the "Alien Sunglasses" version
2015-8-1
Use props
janoduch
lvl.1

Slovakia

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-8-1 21:15
These are the very best glasses for the P3 and the I1 I first created a wireless connect version, fo ...

Aká bude cena
2015-8-1
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

If you are asking price they are 399.00 USD
2015-8-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

I use an iphone 6+ and android tablets from time to time. can somebody educate me as to the flight experience  difference between tablets and the goggles, and can i see everything that i normally can see on the tablet? such as radar, map, speed etc?
thanks
2015-8-2
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

These are the very best glasses for the P3 and the I1 I first created a wireless connect version, fo ...

Very nice!
2015-8-3
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-3 03:30
I use an iphone 6+ and android tablets from time to time. can somebody educate me as to the flight e ...

The glasses are a flight aid.  the pad is of course is a necessity, I use the glasses probably for 40 to 50% of the flight ,  In the bright sun light I consider them a must.  One of the really nice features is the pertinent telemetry and battery levels are displayed in the glasses along with the camera picture.  The numbers are bigger around the edge of the screen than they are on my pad, I like that, they are easily seen. The screen format and content is complicated differently, through the hdmi board than what you see on the pad.  Also you can bring up the maps on your pad and you will still have the picture in the glasses.  I personally like that.  I use them every flight, to me they really add to the overall flight experience.
2015-8-3
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

I would not like to be wired to the controller, The Sky Zone with the 5.8Ghz link is better, You can hand them to a friend to watch and not be tethered.
2015-8-3
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mtmmaddman-

Can't find your new updated FPV glasses on eBay with direct HDMI input - can you post a link?

What is the resolution of each eyepiece screen and are they OLED?
2015-8-9
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Lets be honest, we will see a bunch of HDMI virtual reality glasses early next year like Morpheus, Rift, Glyph, HTC and so on. They all will have HDMI in and decent resolution. I cant see myseld buying a fatshark HD V2 for 600? dollar when i can get a rift or morpheus for the same amount and can still use it for games. Those glasses will be better than any fatshark ever was because a large company is behind it. If you look at fatshark goggles you will see that those are pretty cheaply made and not user friendly with external batteries etc..
2015-8-9
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-8-10 02:30
Mtmmaddman-

Can't find your new updated FPV glasses on eBay with direct HDMI input - can you post ...

They are not oled they are led, the picture is very good though, you can imagine the difference between a good led and oled this applies here. the native resolution is 854 x 480,  A wider format than Cinemizer and fat shark, they are all similar in resolution quality. they all have there pluses and minuses.  Daniho, If you wait around for the next best thing to come out you will wait forever, I dont have that many years left on the planet, so I am in the game now, thats why I have several phantoms and an Inspire and yes also waiting for the next best thing to come out. David my next order arrives mid to late week next week, I am interested in hearing what others have had to say on this latest version, good or bad, about 9 out of ten, like them, I think 2 or 3 out of the last 20 did not like them. So I dont know not to bad. I really like them and have flown 100's of flights with them. I actually find selling them to be the pain.
2015-8-9
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-8-9 23:23
They are not oled they are led, the picture is very good though, you can imagine the difference bet ...

Hi  @mtnmaddman - I'm interested in a purchase but like others, can't find anything on eBay. Can you please supply a link? Many thanks.
2016-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules