mavic 2 upward sensor hardware malfunction
1532 9 2021-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luk76
lvl.1
Poland

Hi,
I`m having a problem with upward infrared sensor on my mavic 2 pro. It won`t take off because it`s thinking that there is something above my drone (but it`s not) and upward sensor blocking the drone to take off. The only way to bypass this is switching to sport mode and then it`s taking off and flying normal. Is this a sensor problem (hardware) or something with the software. It happened my twice last summer for a day and then next day was completely fine with no malfunction messages on the app.
Now it happen again, after a year with many  error free flights. This time won`t go away. I`m trying source a replacement upward sensor but so far no luck
I heard over the internet that many people had the same problem but they end up gettin drone replaced as a solution.Mine is out of warranty unfortunatelly
Has anybody found a fix solution for this yet?

regards-Lukas
2021-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Lukas. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI drone? Thank you.
2021-7-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we assume that you have cleaned the sensor lens on the top?
2021-7-22
Use props
luk76
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-22 18:26
Hello there Lukas. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI drone? Thank you.

No, I have not crash or hard land my drone
2021-7-22
Use props
luk76
lvl.1
Poland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-22 18:33
Can we assume that you have cleaned the sensor lens on the top?

Yes, cleaned the sensor top as a first thing you would do in this case. The strange thing is that in one day was not working , I have tried several times poweering on and off but still got this message on the app and the next day first start up and was fine, message gone drone flying as new. Now when it happened the malfunction wont go away
2021-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

luk76 Posted at 7-22 23:35
No, I have not crash or hard land my drone

Hi there Lukas. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. It would be best to contact our DJI support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a team that will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-7-23
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was working a job 2 weeks ago.....about 100ft from my M2P, flying between 2 buildings....I start rotating right which "takes me away from the wall on the left" except I also put in some very slow pullback as I was rotating....moving forward at 2.2mph very slow.....I look up and see exactly where I'm at....about 10-12ft from the wall,  look back down at the screen and as I'm shooting I had just a touch of backstick.....BZZZZZZ, crash.

Keep in mind, the speed, and my expectation that the rear facing OA would work.....no beeps no radar no stopping.   Sent the unit in with flight logs....6months out of warrantee.....one of the line items for repair was the REAR AND SIDE OA MODULES.  M2P never crashed/bumped/landed hard....nothing.....it just didn't work!!  Yes I paid for repairs.  I have a repair/Maint acct that gets about 10% of every job....so I was self insured for this.
BTW,  DJI sent a replacement M2P that looked AS NEW....SO FAR flies as new too.
2021-7-30
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-23 01:45
Hi there Lukas. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. It would be best to contact our DJI support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a team that will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

DJI Stephen,

I don't think I am the only one....the stats under rwynant V1 are not updated  I also have an A2S and flight distance of well over 7 million feet.....
2021-7-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you had a look on ebay, I have seen at least one rear sensor array, the 4 upwards, sideways & backwards looking sensors, on ebay UK.  

I also happened to spot ebay item number 373643468356  (ebay UK) which seems to offer the upward looking sensors on their own and there appears to be several other similar listings.
Just as a matter of interest have you tried putting a piece of tape etc. over the sensors? I have recently read that that 'disables' them, whether it would work in your circumstances I do not know
2021-7-31
Use props
luk76
lvl.1
Poland

I have purchased the upward sensor on ebay and I`m still waiting for the item to arrived. In the mean time I put my mavic back together beacuse was stripped to get access to the sensor and guess what? No message from the upward sensor, first flight after dismatling the drone and is fine, strange. Odo this happened to me last summer as well? Since then I had 4 successful flights with no problems so far. Next time when it happen I`m replacing the sensor from that i bought from ebay and then i could tell if this is the hardware problem or not.
2021-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules