Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini 2 - Costco Bundle potential Safety Issue
1414 7 2021-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oQKEvZiGY0mN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 482 ft
United States

I purchased a Mini 2 Bundle from Costco and received it yesterday. I unboxed everything and found the included set of spare propellers were for the Mavic Mini not the newer Mini 2!
I understand from viewing numerous drone forums that the propellers are different and not interchangable and could be dangerous if you install the Mini1 props on a Mini 2 and vice versa! Not only are the props different but so are the screws.
Has anyone else had this issue?

I notified DJI and they didn't seem concerned other than offering a coupon for free props. I notified Costco and they understood the safety ussue and promised to elevate the issue and bring it up with DJI.
IMG_20210722_104442571.jpg
2021-7-22
Use props
djiuser_oQKEvZiGY0mN
lvl.2
United States

Mods, if this is in the wrong Forum please move it. When I composed it I could not find the Mini 2 in the drop down menu so posted it the Mavic forum.
2021-7-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I've sent you a PM kindly please check it. Thank you!
2021-7-22
Use props
Westameme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56657 ft
United States

that's interesting! I got mine last month and received the proper set. sorry you've had this issue- it seems really obscure
2021-7-22
Use props
djiuser_oQKEvZiGY0mN
lvl.2
United States

Not to sound like a newbie but where do I find my PM's?
I have been a moderator on a forum for reefkeeping in the past but I am struggling with your site. I do have a DJI account, it is set to accept all cookies and I am logged in but I do not see any drop down menus or options to change any settings or find PM messages?
I am on a Motorola G7 Power running the latest version of Android and have never had any issues elsewhere?
2021-7-22
Use props
djiuser_oQKEvZiGY0mN
lvl.2
United States

Westameme that is what I am hoping to hear. My concern is if Costco received a whole shipment with the wrong props and someone gets hurt or crashes their drone needlessly. Just want to make it public so anyone who sees this is aware to look out for this problem.
2021-7-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_oQKEvZiGY0mN Posted at 7-22 19:44
Not to sound like a newbie but where do I find my PM's?
I have been a moderator on a forum for reefkeeping in the past but I am struggling with your site. I do have a DJI account, it is set to accept all cookies and I am logged in but I do not see any drop down menus or options to change any settings or find PM messages?
I am on a Motorola G7 Power running the latest version of Android and have never had any issues elsewhere?

You can get to your PMs by clicking the last Icon in the top right corner of the web page.  When you cursor over the icon it will offer Personal Homepage, click on that and you'll see personal messages in the left hand column.  Hope this helps.
2021-7-23
Use props
djiuser_oQKEvZiGY0mN
lvl.2
United States

I have been contacted twice by the Costco Resolution Team since this original post. They are taking this seriously and contacting DJI for an explaination. DJI on the other hand has only offered a coupon for a set of propellers with no other comments and don't seem concerned. I would think the liability would be a concern to them and they would look into how this happened and put steps in place to prevent it from happening again as well as research possibly how many Mini 2s went out packaged with the wrong props.
2021-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules