o(^-^)o
Raimond dS
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi,

I have an Air S2.
Worked fine first couple of times.
Now I get 'RC not connected to mobile device'
I read what I could on the forums and I reinstalled to software, changed the cable between the phone and the rc. (USB C-USB C)
Reinstalled the software again.  Updated the software.  Took an Iphone instead of an Android (again different cable) and did the whole thing again...
Recharged the RC and all the batteries, changed the order in which I start the drone, the rc and connect the phone....
Nothing helps.
When I typ it on google there seam to be a lot of people struggling with the same problem...
So what is the solution for this please?

Best regards,

Raimond
Raimond@nelek.be
+32 470 97 57 19
2021-7-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific mobile device are you using when you experience the said issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-23
Use props
1stUFO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221594 ft
United States

The solution is never buy dji, ever again
2021-7-23
Use props
Raimond dS
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-23 19:59
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific mobile device are you using when you experience the said issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Dear DJI Paladin,

As stated I tried different phones.
One was a Samsung Galaxy A71, the other one was an Iphone 10.
I tried both with different cables.
As I read the forum I get the impression that this problem is not really new.
I encouter it a lot of times.
Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you.

Raimond
2021-7-24
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Raimond dS Posted at 7-24 04:07
Dear DJI Paladin,

Is the phone acknowledging a connection to the remote? For example, a pop-up or noise when connecting? You should have some indication when the cable is connected
Does it show that the remote is charging the phone when connecting?
These things are usually a bad cable/ends or a cable that is not data capable.
Worst case scenario is a bad/damaged port on the remote
2021-7-24
Use props
Raimond dS
lvl.1
Belgium

jmb63 Posted at 7-24 04:58
Is the phone acknowledging a connection to the remote? For example, a pop-up or noise when connecting? You should have some indication when the cable is connected
Does it show that the remote is charging the phone when connecting?
These things are usually a bad cable/ends or a cable that is not data capable.

Dear,

Yes, the phones (multiple) start displaying a charging logo when I connect them.
I used the cables that where supplied with the drone (and which worked just fine the first 5 times) and I used my own cables (which also work fine other than this issue).
I suspect a bad usb-port on the remote...

2021-7-24
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Raimond dS Posted at 7-24 05:30
Dear,

Yes, the phones (multiple) start displaying a charging logo when I connect them.

I would have to agree about the port on the remote.....
Maybe worth taking a close look for any bent pins, etc?
The USB C connection port is much more durable than the Micro USB but still can be damaged.
2021-7-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Raimond dS Posted at 7-24 04:07
Dear DJI Paladin,

Thank you for your response. When you are using the Android mobile device, kindly please try to turn on the USB debugging option under the Developer option on the general settings on your mobile device to see if that helps. You may also want to try the suggestion of JMB on post #7 to check for any bent pins. Please keep us posted. Thank you!  
2021-7-25
Use props
Raimond dS
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-25 20:51
Thank you for your response. When you are using the Android mobile device, kindly please try to turn on the USB debugging option under the Developer option on the general settings on your mobile device to see if that helps. You may also want to try the suggestion of JMB on post #7 to check for any bent pins. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Dear,

I tried again this morning.  Without making any changes and now it works.
Still seems like a faulty connection of the USB-port to the USB-cable which makes the whole thing unreliable...
It works for now... I will take a new, spare cable with me when I use the drone (allthough I don't know if that's what causing the issue).
Very uncomfortable feeling, having a drone that 'sometimes' works without knowing why...

Best regards,

Raimond
2021-7-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Raimond dS Posted at 7-25 23:21
Dear,

I tried again this morning.  Without making any changes and now it works.

Thank you for keeping us posted and we're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue, Raimond. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2021-7-26
Use props
Raimond dS
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-26 21:15
Thank you for keeping us posted and we're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue, Raimond. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!

Dear,

I would be intersted to hear, since this problem is repeated quite often on this forum and outside of it, what DJI is doing to solve it.  I used the drone 5 (FIVE) times....
I was under the impression that despite the 'made in China' mark, quality matters to DJI.
So what is DJI doing to solve this, known and often repeated, problem?

Best regards,

Raimond
2021-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules