RSC2 functionally issues with raveneye depending on connection
917 2 2021-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mattomstormy
lvl.1
United States

So far I have used two configurations so far with the setup i am using.  However there seems to a be a functionality breakdown depending on which cable i use and nieither seems to ahve full functionallity. please help.

Setup 1.  Sony A6600, Ronin RSC2

connection USB C to Multi cable number 3, connected from DSS port to Sony A6600

with this setup I can control ISO, shutter, and other camera functionality through the Ronin RSC 2 on the small screen

Setup 2.   Sony  A6600, Raveneye, RSC2, and mobile device

with this setup using the USB C to Sony cable 4 i have video, active track, force mobile etc, but cannot control any of the camera functionality (ISO, shutter etc,), if i change cable 4 to cable 3 i lose video but gain camera functionality.

please let me know if i am doing something incorrectly with the hookup and or cable routing, or if there is a resource that will help me overcome this problem.   
Also i know that there are tons of different cammeras and setups but DJI really need to be more effective in providing readily available documentation for thier products.

thank you for your time,
Matthew
2021-7-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Matthew, just to clarify, Sony A6600 support ①Control Cable (Sony Multi) (in the box) and ②Control Cable (Micro-USB) (in the box). The camera control varies when using different cable. When you use the Control Cable (Micro-USB), RavenEye is not supported but ISO, shutter, aperture settings are supported. When using Control Cable (Sony Multi), RavenEye is supported but ISO, shutter, aperture settings can not be adjusted. You may refer to the details below. Thank you for your attention.
2021-7-29
Use props
Mattomstormy
lvl.1
United States

so basically what you are saying is that the raveneye is completely useless for anything other than active track and force mobile as far as far as control is concerned, this a seriously flawed design and really needs to be looked at, sending the raveneye back and possibly the RSC 2 as well.  DJI needs to get it together.
2021-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules