Sony Z90 Compatability
4284 14 2021-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MagicMarco
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Camera does not work when I connect Sony PXW-Z90 via DJI R Multi-Camera-Cable to the RS 2. Instead this message appears on camera display: “Mass Storage Preparing …. AC Adaptor recommended”. Record button does not work then. Neither on the gimbal nor on the camera. Any suggestion for a work around?

2021-7-23
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

have a look at the setup method:

https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-2/pxw_z90v
2021-7-24
Use props
MagicMarco
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Indio Posted at 7-24 00:47
have a look at the setup method:

https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-2/pxw_z90v

I followed all the instructions obviously, but it won't work. Firmware is up to date.
2021-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi MagicMarco, sorry for any inconvenience caused. May I have a picture of a video of the setup method/picture for further confirmation?
2021-7-29
Use props
MagicMarco
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

I am not sure if I understand your question. You want me to make a video of how I set up RS 2 and camera?
2021-7-29
Use props
MagicMarco
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

I tried everything to get the gimbal work. But whatever I do, the "start/stop recording video" on the RS 2 does not work. The record symbol stays green.  The camera is not recognized by the gimbal. RS 2 and Sony Z90 are simply not compatible!!!
2021-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MagicMarco Posted at 7-29 02:38
I tried everything to get the gimbal work. But whatever I do, the "start/stop recording video" on the RS 2 does not work. The record symbol stays green.  The camera is not recognized by the gimbal. RS 2 and Sony Z90 are simply not compatible!!!

I am sorry for any confusion caused. Please make sure to use the Sony Multi cable for connecting the gimbal and camera. Yes, I would appreciate a video of your procedure for setting up the RS 2 and camera.
2021-7-29
Use props
colsub
Second Officer
Flight distance : 148540 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Is the Sony Z90 camcorder also compatible with the RSC 2 or just the RS 2?
I would like to avoid buying the RS 2 model :-(
2021-8-2
Use props
colsub
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

2021-8-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

colsub Posted at 8-2 22:17

Hi there, we are sorry that Sony Z90 is not compatible with RSC 2. You may check the link below for our compatible list for RSC 2: https://www.dji.com/au/support/c ... uct=rsc-2&from=nav. Thank you.
2021-8-4
Use props
colsub
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Ok thanks for reply ;-)
2021-11-25
Use props
bickster
New
United States

Did you resolve?  I have same issue.
2022-3-31
Use props
MagicMarco
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, I have solved the problem. The error was mine! I had connected the Sony Z90 with the wrong cable. It MUST(!) be the original(!) "USB-C To Sony Multi" cable supplied by DJI. Other cables do not work! Not even if they have exactly the same connections.
2022-3-31
Use props
bickster
New
United States

MagicMarco Posted at 3-31 10:41
Yes, I have solved the problem. The error was mine! I had connected the Sony Z90 with the wrong cable. It MUST(!) be the original(!) "USB-C To Sony Multi" cable supplied by DJI. Other cables do not work! Not even if they have exactly the same connections.

Wow... thanks.  They sent 2 Multi Cables... one works one does not.

Any idea what the cable difference is?

Thanks for your quick response!!!
2022-3-31
Use props
Joseph McDonald
New

United States

Can you post a video or take pics of how you have yours set up? I cant get mine to balance
2022-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules