Using DJI FPV controller/goggles with any other drone?
53924 30 2021-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fliegerben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1918087 ft
Germany

Hi,
is it possible to use the controller and goggles from the DJI FPV combo with another drone not made by DJI?
I love the combo and the DJI FPV air unit is great, but I am thinking of using a smaller drone for practicing where a crash is not so costly… Would that work? Anyone tried this?
Thanks for your help!

2021-7-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the DJI FPV Controller and DJI FPV Goggles only work with the DJI FPV Drone and DJI Air unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... it's useable for the DJI Air unit too!

That's not the DJI FPV...
2021-7-24
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can use the goggles (but not the controller) for any drone that has a DJI Air Unit or a Caddx Vista. Those drones often have an "HD" or "digital" in the name. I fly the GepRC Cinelog 25 HD and the Rekon 5 digital with those goggles.
2021-7-24
Use props
fliegerben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1918087 ft
Germany

Thanks for clarification, frankymusik. I meant the FPV drone...

And thank you very much for the info, Depp. So I could only use the goggles with any other drone but would need another controller? Maybe I'll go for that one day... Could I then use the controller with the FPV drone?
2021-7-25
Use props
40min
lvl.1

Finland

How about using of analog modules like URUAV 5.8G RX PORT 3.0-PLUS? Will it work with these goggles from combo?
2021-7-25
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

40min Posted at 7-25 11:36
How about using of analog modules like URUAV 5.8G RX PORT 3.0-PLUS? Will it work with these goggles from combo?

I use the British Drone Industries analog conversion and it works no issues. Just replace the faceplate and plug it in, switch to the analog module, alter the zoom level and away you go. Image quality is also better than most analog goggles too. Just a bit more cumbersome and more wires dangling off the goggles.
https://britishdroneindustries.co.uk/
2021-7-26
Use props
Joel S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189902 ft
United States

Just ordered one, so see how things go.
Felt funny spending so much money.
Hope it's worth it.
Good to know the goggles will work with other drones.
Following.
2021-11-11
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You buy the DJI FPV black controller V1 or V2. You can then fly the Flywoo micro and nano drones With the Controller and the Goggles. And any aircraft you build with the DJI or Caddx  Vista air unit.
2021-11-12
Use props
Joel S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189902 ft
United States

bjr981s Posted at 11-12 23:58
You buy the DJI FPV black controller V1 or V2. You can then fly the Flywoo micro and nano drones With the Controller and the Goggles. And any aircraft you build with the DJI or Caddx  Vista air unit.

Thank you.Many shops in US don't know controller works. I have V2 I guess. It's the fpv drone.
2021-12-2
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Joel S Posted at 12-2 15:33
Thank you.Many shops in US don't know controller works. I have V2 I guess. It's the fpv drone.

You will needs to set the goggles to DJI FPV air unit mode. Yours are V2 Goggles. They work for both the DJI FPV drone and the DJI air units. But you have to swicth modes in the goggles.

Then you can use the DJI Air units with the correct Controller. Your FPV controllers will not work with the air units.

Here is the link to the DJI Site for the FPV System. Only your goggles are compatible. You will need the controller and the Air unit. Or buy a FPV Drone or Wing with the Cadx or DJI air system. Or build one yourself.

https://www.dji.com/au/fpv?site=brandsite&from=nav

2021-12-3
Use props
SBD3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5502 ft
United States

What serial protocol does the air units use?  Is it Futaba S-bus?
2021-12-22
Use props
keith55
lvl.2
Thailand

Depp Posted at 7-24 09:39
You can use the goggles (but not the controller) for any drone that has a DJI Air Unit or a Caddx Vista. Those drones often have an "HD" or "digital" in the name. I fly the GepRC Cinelog 25 HD and the Rekon 5 digital with those goggles.

I just watched this video on the drone you mentioned and he seems to be using both the controller and the goggles.

See the video at 3:37

2021-12-22
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

keith55 Posted at 12-22 21:53
I just watched this video on the drone you mentioned and he seems to be using both the controller and the goggles.

See the video at 3:37

This is the DJI controller that comes with their own FPV quad: dji-fpv-remote-australia-mantisfpv.jpg
You can NOT use it with the Vista or the old DJI Air Unit.

This is their older controller that can be used with the Vista/Air unit, but not with their own FPV quad:

7843231-l.jpg
And that's the one Steve used in the video you embedded.
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_vsgSywolwi1J
lvl.1
United States

Can the Dji Smart remote work with a flywoo drone?
I know the goggles work.
2022-1-3
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406775 ft
United States

Are there any plans to make the DJI FPV's Remote Controller (the white one) to work with Air Units?  I have the DJI FPV drone and I plan to build my own custom FPV drone w/ Air Unit but don't want to buy another remote controller.
2022-3-23
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

mbze430 Posted at 3-23 06:05
Are there any plans to make the DJI FPV's Remote Controller (the white one) to work with Air Units?  I have the DJI FPV drone and I plan to build my own custom FPV drone w/ Air Unit but don't want to buy another remote controller.

"DJI FPV's Remote Controller (the white one) "

Do you mean the gray one?

The only remote which will communicate directly (wirelessly) to an Air Unit is the black controller pictured above.

Receivers for other radio systems can be very small and inexpensive. A lot of people use an EdgeTX compatible radio with their Air Units and Caddx Vista devices. Currently the RadioMaster TX16S appears to be one of the favorite controllers used by people flying FPV.
2022-3-24
Use props
ENTY8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12159 ft
United States

So if an FPV drone has the DJI Air Unit or a Caddx Vista, is it controllable with the (Black) DJI Controller?
2022-4-20
Use props
TTV-VoidGG_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138051 ft
Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-7-24 00:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the DJI FPV Controller and DJI FPV Goggles only work with the DJI FPV Drone and DJI Air unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Is the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 compatible with the DJI Build of this drone?

Drone with DJI Receiver
https://rotorriot.com/products/rotor-riot-cinewhoop-built-and-tuned-fpv-drones?variant=32565141274698

Controller
https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv-remote-controller-2
2022-7-4
Use props
TTV-VoidGG_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138051 ft
Philippines

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the DJI FPV Controller and DJI FPV Goggles only work with the DJI FPV Drone and DJI Air unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Drone with DJI Receiver
https://rotorriot.com/products/rotor-riot-cinewhoop-built-and-tuned-fpv-drones?variant=32565141274698

Controller
https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv-remote-controller-2
2022-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TTV-VoidGG_ Posted at 7-4 13:11

Drone with DJI Receiver

Thank you for your response. The said remote controller only works with the DJI FPV drone and DJI FPV Goggles V2. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-7-17
Use props
NGC-Drones
New

United Kingdom

The Goggles can be used with any drone.
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_zftkChTeISzf
lvl.2
United States

Does Occusync connect the white goggles directly to the drone or does occusync connect the goggles to the drone Through the Remote Controller? If I getting an antenna booster for the remote controller will the upgraded reception be noticed with the goggles?
2023-7-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zftkChTeISzf Posted at 7-25 15:07
Does Occusync connect the white goggles directly to the drone or does occusync connect the goggles to the drone Through the Remote Controller? If I getting an antenna booster for the remote controller will the upgraded reception be noticed with the goggles?

I don't remember for sure (it's been awhile) but I seem to remember the white goggles connecting directly to the Mavic 2 meaning you could use the goggles to fly the drone....without the remote.
2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_0i3xtaz92cAw
New

Poland

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the DJI FPV Controller and DJI FPV Goggles only work with the DJI FPV Drone and DJI Air unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hi. Few months ago there was a post asking DJI to develop digital video input through USB-C port in FPV Goggles V1 and V2. These goggles are very popular and we’re still waiting for this improvement :-). Please don’t kill these products and keep updating the firmware. Think about the  planet. Updating the firmware you’re helping keep the Goggles life.
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_0i3xtaz92cAw Posted at 7-26 01:44
Hi. Few months ago there was a post asking DJI to develop digital video input through USB-C port in FPV Goggles V1 and V2. These goggles are very popular and we’re still waiting for this improvement :-). Please don’t kill these products and keep updating the firmware. Think about the  planet. Updating the firmware you’re helping keep the Goggles life.

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2023-7-30
Use props
djiuser_d8o34cJJ6qa5
New

United States

How can u tell what remote goes with what drone no marks on either
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_d8o34cJJ6qa5
New

United States

2023-9-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_d8o34cJJ6qa5 Posted at 9-12 15:23

If your equipment has no markings on it (doubt it) then you have no choice but to go with pictures of the equipment and try to match it up that way.  Or else you can power it up and see if you can read the model number or serial number from the software.  Just post a photo (of the newer remotes) here, someone here can tell you what drone it works with.
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_VkZf2b5sLyO8
New

Australia

Will goggles 2 connect to gopro?
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_VkZf2b5sLyO8 Posted at 9-13 19:28
Will goggles 2 connect to gopro?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we don't have an option to connect the DJI Goggles 2 to a 3rd party camera like gopro. Feel free to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules