1904 5 2021-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1435ff5a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi - I would like to use one controller with two drones: An Air 2 and an Air 2S.
Linking to each drone from the same controller works. But it is kludgy: After first linking to Air 2S, I am prompted to downgrade the controller firmware before I am able to switch and link to Air 2. And after linking to Air 2, I am prompted to install the controller firmware again (upgrade) before I can switch to Air 2S.

Is this behavior to be expected? If so, any plans from DJI to make re-linking as I described it more seamless?

Please advise.

Thank you!

2021-7-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what RC are you using with the said drones? Are you using the original RC for the Mavic Air 2 or Air 2S RC? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-25
Use props
SvenDroneDude
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-25 19:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what RC are you using with the said drones? Are you using the original RC for the Mavic Air 2 or Air 2S RC? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I am using the controller that came with the Air 2. I purchased my Air 2S without a controller.
2021-7-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

SvenDroneDude Posted at 7-25 23:22
I am using the controller that came with the Air 2. I purchased my Air 2S without a controller.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We will forward this to our designated team for further clarification. Thank you!
2021-7-26
Use props
SvenDroneDude
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-26 21:22
Thank you for keeping us posted. We will forward this to our designated team for further clarification. Thank you!

Hi - Any additional info you can share on this? Will a fix be made?
2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

SvenDroneDude Posted at 7-30 03:48
Hi - Any additional info you can share on this? Will a fix be made?

Sorry for the late response. I was able to confirm this to our designated team and it shows that this situation is normal as both units use different firmware. We will keep you posted once we have come up with a solution on this one. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules