Loss of RAW format and other problems
793 6 2021-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EtR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174 ft
United Kingdom

I had some great flights with my MA2 last year, but have not been able to go out in 2021 until last week.  Before going I updated the firmware and the version of DJI Fly on my smartphone to 1.4.8, and did a quick local test, which seemed OK except for:

1.  I have previously recorded my photos using the RAW (DNG) format, but this option seems to have disappeared.  If it’s been put into a different menu somewhere can someone please tell me where.

In the field I encountered the following

2.  When starting up the App locked and I had to do a forced stop in Android 11.  Happened twice on separate flights.

The flights were fine, good control and no problems, but

3.  There are fewer options in the menu for photos and for video than before.  I’m not sure whether this is a deliberate step backwards or whether there is some setting I need to deal with (after the firmware updates?).  Please can someone advise.

Thanks!

2021-7-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. For the first question, kindly please check the 3 dots on the upper right-hand corner of the main camera to have the general settings. Under general settings, click Camera and you may change the format. Also, can you please confirm what do you mean by App locked? Did the app freeze in the mid-flight? What mobile device are you using? In addition, we had changed some settings for video and photos on the DJI Fly app. Please check the image below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!

2021-7-24
Use props
EtR
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-24 20:37
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. For the first question, kindly please check the 3 dots on the upper right-hand corner of the main camera to have the general settings. Under general settings, click Camera and you may change the format. Also, can you please confirm what do you mean by App locked? Did the app freeze in the mid-flight? What mobile device are you using? In addition, we had changed some settings for video and photos on the DJI Fly app. Please check the image below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!

[view_image]

Hi, thank you for your extremely helpful reply.
1. (and 3.)  I had expected to be able to change to RAW by clicking the three dots and choosing camera as you suggest.  That’s as it was before the updates.  Now that option doesn’t appear.  But, as shown on your image I can access this at the bottom of the screen.  This also covers my question 3.  I’ve just tested this, and all looks good.  
[aside:  how was I supposed to find out about this change?  Am I missing some feed of information?]
2.  Locked App.  I am using pixel 3a with Android 11.  It has worked well with the MA2 in the past.  The problem occurs with the aircraft on the ground, when starting up.  I just tried this again, and a small message says something like ‘enable location services’.  When I follow through I get to a message saying that the app is locked and I must close manually and restart.  There’s no obvious way to do this so I went into android settings and forced a stop.  Then I opened the app again, and was able to set up with no problem.
I have looked at the location permission and it is set to ‘allow only while using the app’, which seems right to me.  Any thoughts on this?  This is mainly a nuisance as I can get around it, but it would be good to get the settings right.
Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.  ALAN
2021-7-26
Use props
TomBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 913891 ft
United Kingdom

You make a good point, How are you supposed to know what the changes are if DJI does not inform us where things are? Also if it is not broken,  don't fix it.
2021-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

EtR Posted at 7-26 05:26
Hi, thank you for your extremely helpful reply.
1. (and 3.)  I had expected to be able to change to RAW by clicking the three dots and choosing camera as you suggest.  That’s as it was before the updates.  Now that option doesn’t appear.  But, as shown on your image I can access this at the bottom of the screen.  This also covers my question 3.  I’ve just tested this, and all looks good.  
[aside:  how was I supposed to find out about this change?  Am I missing some feed of information?]

You are most welcome and thank you for keeping us posted. You may try to uninstall and reinstall the app, EtR and check if there would be some changes on the App lock issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-26
Use props
EtR
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-26 21:48
You are most welcome and thank you for keeping us posted. You may try to uninstall and reinstall the app, EtR and check if there would be some changes on the App lock issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

OK, well I’ve removed and re-installed the app, and then done a series of tests (hence the delay in replying).
Re-installing the app made no difference to the problem (I allowed all permissions and default answers to questions).   So we go back to the message which appears saying “Enable location services and app permissions to allow mobile device to determine your location”, with options ‘cancel’ or ‘go to settings’.
If I choose ‘go to settings’ I finish up having to do a forced stop of the app and then starting again, at which it works OK, ie as previously reported.
If I choose ‘cancel’ I can then proceed with no problems I can find, all seems OK– so this is what I now do.
So there is my solution, but what am I missing by choosing ‘cancel’ to this question?
Thanks for any response.
ALAN
2021-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

EtR Posted at 8-4 02:20
OK, well I’ve removed and re-installed the app, and then done a series of tests (hence the delay in replying).
Re-installing the app made no difference to the problem (I allowed all permissions and default answers to questions).   So we go back to the message which appears saying “Enable location services and app permissions to allow mobile device to determine your location”, with options ‘cancel’ or ‘go to settings’.
If I choose ‘go to settings’ I finish up having to do a forced stop of the app and then starting again, at which it works OK, ie as previously reported.

Thank you for your response. If you already allow the location to turn on on the app settings on your mobile device, you can just click the cancel message as long as you are not receiving any issues, it is good to go.
2021-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules