Amazon Insurance
3511 14 2021-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
whaler308
lvl.1

Canada

My drone did an emergency landing in the water, 3 days of searching with no luck. The insurance will not cover if I can not find the drone. The insurance is from Asurion and was purchaced with the drone at Amazon. My bad thinking I was insured when the offer of insurance from DJI was offered and refused. I will never deal with Asurion again , and I have alot of DJI accesories for sale, looks like my days of droning are over, boy was it fun though!
2021-7-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. You may try to contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to process a flyaway case for you. Thank you for your understanding and support! Take care.
2021-7-24
Use props
whaler308
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-24 20:20
Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. You may try to contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to process a flyaway case for you. Thank you for your understanding and support! Take care.

Thanks for your response .If I knew DJI offered insurance when purchasing drone on Amazon I would not have wasted my money on 3 party insurance. You should work with Amazon to clarify your services. Yes I have talked to the people at DJI and you sound a lot more positive then they did.  I am not sure what DJI is going to do, but I am tapped out on play funds and don't expect much From DJI, like I said I have a lot of DJI FPV accessories for sale. I have no problem with DJI and there products, but my wrong decision on Insurance will put an end to our relationship. My attempts at retrieving the downed drone almost killed me, swimming in 2 knot water almost put me out to sea, a boat had to rescue me. I am looking at hiring a pro diver ( depending on cost) to give it a go as I will not go in that water again.
2021-7-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

whaler308@yahoo Posted at 7-25 02:57
Thanks for your response .If I knew DJI offered insurance when purchasing drone on Amazon I would not have wasted my money on 3 party insurance. You should work with Amazon to clarify your services. Yes I have talked to the people at DJI and you sound a lot more positive then they did.  I am not sure what DJI is going to do, but I am tapped out on play funds and don't expect much From DJI, like I said I have a lot of DJI FPV accessories for sale. I have no problem with DJI and there products, but my wrong decision on Insurance will put an end to our relationship. My attempts at retrieving the downed drone almost killed me, swimming in 2 knot water almost put me out to sea, a boat had to rescue me. I am looking at hiring a pro diver ( depending on cost) to give it a go as I will not go in that water again.

A diver should be able to recover it for you.  During ocean dives I have found anchors, boat motors, etc.  I did find an older drone in a freshwater lake but it had been there so long the serial # was no longer visible so I was not able to locate the original owner.  Hopefully yours will be recoverable and you can file your claim with Asurion.
2021-7-25
Use props
whaler308
lvl.1

Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-25 03:39
A diver should be able to recover it for you.  During ocean dives I have found anchors, boat motors, etc.  I did find an older drone in a freshwater lake but it had been there so long the serial # was no longer visible so I was not able to locate the original owner.  Hopefully yours will be recoverable and you can file your claim with Asurion.

I would like to think so but it went down in the worst spot possible in a fast moving channel it is a killer , you are not allowed to swim there and it is deep. I have had 2 refusals from divers that are not pro. It is also in a shipping lane.  A boat will also be must. Then the cost of it all with no guarantee of finding the drone, at what point do I give up and walk away ?
2021-7-25
Use props
whaler308
lvl.1

Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-25 03:39

It went down in the mouth of Church's Channel Bathurst Harbour , Bathurst, New Brunswick, you can check it out for fun its a beautiful spot with warm waters and a great beach !
2021-7-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

whaler308@yahoo Posted at 7-25 05:58
I would like to think so but it went down in the worst spot possible in a fast moving channel it is a killer , you are not allowed to swim there and it is deep. I have had 2 refusals from divers that are not pro. It is also in a shipping lane.  A boat will also be must. Then the cost of it all with no guarantee of finding the drone, at what point do I give up and walk away ?

Sorry to hear that.  If it is a busy shipping lane then that definitely complicates the recovery.  In this case, you are probably right that the diver recovery will be cost prohibitive.  Wish it was better news.  
2021-7-26
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

So others can learn.  Why did it make an emergency landing?  I aim assuming low battery?
2021-7-26
Use props
whaler308
lvl.1

Canada

Romonaga Posted at 7-26 06:12
So others can learn.  Why did it make an emergency landing?  I aim assuming low battery?

The prompt was "Battery Malfunction Emergency Landing" but the cause of that was Pilot Error. This is my first drone and have only flown with N and S mode and mostly in N mode over water. I am not positive but I think the ground avoidance was off (Sport mode on) and I touched water and regained flight for another 20 seconds and then the warning came on, Battery Malfunction and Emergency landed in another 10 seconds. I was following a flock of birds and did a couple of tight turns and stopping to close to the water it touched down and back up again. I had very little forward movement when it touched down but got wet enough to cause the Malfunction. So, the learning for others would be, don't post unless your ready to come clean that you Suck as a Pilot. lol Make sure you know what Flight Mode your in, avoid water if possible and know deep spots in the water to avoid , I should have turned left to shallower waters but pointed to "Return to Home". If you accept the challenge of following a flock Tern's you will loose , they can turn on a dime and leave you in a tizzy.
So, this ends my confessions of a downed Pilot, hope it helps others but it might not help my case!
2021-7-26
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

whaler308@yahoo Posted at 7-26 08:42
The prompt was "Battery Malfunction Emergency Landing" but the cause of that was Pilot Error. This is my first drone and have only flown with N and S mode and mostly in N mode over water. I am not positive but I think the ground avoidance was off (Sport mode on) and I touched water and regained flight for another 20 seconds and then the warning came on, Battery Malfunction and Emergency landed in another 10 seconds. I was following a flock of birds and did a couple of tight turns and stopping to close to the water it touched down and back up again. I had very little forward movement when it touched down but got wet enough to cause the Malfunction. So, the learning for others would be, don't post unless your ready to come clean that you Suck as a Pilot. lol Make sure you know what Flight Mode your in, avoid water if possible and know deep spots in the water to avoid , I should have turned left to shallower waters but pointed to "Return to Home". If you accept the challenge of following a flock Tern's you will loose , they can turn on a dime and leave you in a tizzy.
So, this ends my confessions of a downed Pilot, hope it helps others but it might not help my case!

I am very sorry for your loss.  Yes, these birds do not like water, and seeing the battery make part of the landing gear, I suspect this makes it even more prone to water skiing issues.  

I know my Mavic acts funny when it is over water at low altitudes.  I do thank you for sharing as hopefully others will see this and not skim water.

PS. Do not think you suck as pilot, we all make mistakes, I wish you could have retrieved the drone.  Flying over water is fun, but many more risks involved.  
2021-7-26
Use props
FrankieRightUppercut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2620108 ft
Canada

DJI insurance isn't any better as they will not cover the drone unless you can retrieve it. I had a similar situation to yours only my FPV drone malfunctioned on an emergency brake and crashed into the water. I paid a diver to try and retrieve it but the lake was too deep and murky at the bottom. I contacted DJI and sent them my air data and the best the offered me was 15% off a new FPV. This is after buying 3 drones from them within a year and dropping an extra $259 for insurance as well as convincing many friends to buy them. Feels like a slap in the face, I'm not asking for a free drone but come on 15% ??!! They did not even prove it was pilot error in a convincing way.
2021-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

whaler308@yahoo Posted at 7-25 02:57
Thanks for your response .If I knew DJI offered insurance when purchasing drone on Amazon I would not have wasted my money on 3 party insurance. You should work with Amazon to clarify your services. Yes I have talked to the people at DJI and you sound a lot more positive then they did.  I am not sure what DJI is going to do, but I am tapped out on play funds and don't expect much From DJI, like I said I have a lot of DJI FPV accessories for sale. I have no problem with DJI and there products, but my wrong decision on Insurance will put an end to our relationship. My attempts at retrieving the downed drone almost killed me, swimming in 2 knot water almost put me out to sea, a boat had to rescue me. I am looking at hiring a pro diver ( depending on cost) to give it a go as I will not go in that water again.

Thank you for your response. Rest assured that our team will handle this kind of concern of yours. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-7-26
Use props
whaler308
lvl.1

United States

FrankieRightUppercut Posted at 7-26 20:09
DJI insurance isn't any better as they will not cover the drone unless you can retrieve it. I had a similar situation to yours only my FPV drone malfunctioned on an emergency brake and crashed into the water. I paid a diver to try and retrieve it but the lake was too deep and murky at the bottom. I contacted DJI and sent them my air data and the best the offered me was 15% off a new FPV. This is after buying 3 drones from them within a year and dropping an extra $259 for insurance as well as convincing many friends to buy them. Feels like a slap in the face, I'm not asking for a free drone but come on 15% ??!! They did not even prove it was pilot error in a convincing way.

At 15% off my days of droning are over, I might not even try to deal with DJI if that's the case, save my self from extending the pain and aggravation and lip service. I went all in with this drone and have Backpack and case , 6 extra batteries, extra charger, lens and covers, landing zone, controller,  guards and braces, and more all for sale, contact me at whaler308@yahoo.ca a package deal only, will not piece out. Canada only.
2021-7-27
Use props
FrankieRightUppercut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2620108 ft
Canada

whaler308@yahoo Posted at 7-27 04:34
At 15% off my days of droning are over, I might not even try to deal with DJI if that's the case, save my self from extending the pain and aggravation and lip service. I went all in with this drone and have Backpack and case , 6 extra batteries, extra charger, lens and covers, landing zone, controller,  guards and braces, and more all for sale, contact me at whaler308@yahoo.ca a package deal only, will not piece out. Canada only.

Took 20 days from when I filed the claim to hear back from anyone.This is after I contacted support again to see if there was any progress as they just told me to keep an eye out for an email. Took over 3 weeks for a one paragraph response that was incredibly vague and not explanatory of the issue at all.  You can try your luck, just don't expect an email the next day or anything. If you get a deal better then 15% off a new one then bravo! Still very unacceptable after spending so much on the FPV package, you would figure paying that much for a drone would get you a little more credible and speedy support from DJI.

I'm in the same boat as you, no way I'm buying a new one, especially since it was not proven to be user error. I have some paper weights in the form of FPV goggles and batteries now.

Thanks for the lovely experience DJI, enjoy all the money I spent on your toys.
2021-7-27
Use props
whaler308
lvl.1

United States

FrankieRightUppercut Posted at 7-27 20:09
Took 20 days from when I filed the claim to hear back from anyone.This is after I contacted support again to see if there was any progress as they just told me to keep an eye out for an email. Took over 3 weeks for a one paragraph response that was incredibly vague and not explanatory of the issue at all.  You can try your luck, just don't expect an email the next day or anything. If you get a deal better then 15% off a new one then bravo! Still very unacceptable after spending so much on the FPV package, you would figure paying that much for a drone would get you a little more credible and speedy support from DJI.

I'm in the same boat as you, no way I'm buying a new one, especially since it was not proven to be user error. I have some paper weights in the form of FPV goggles and batteries now.

They did get back to me but it was lip service and they offered to check the availability of new drone at full price. I do not expect to hear back from them and will not sell the rest of my DJI crap so someone can feel the DJI pain also!  Take my loss and move on. I have convinced 2 of my recovery team not to deal with DJI so I fell I am an effective motivator. But I will sell my DJI Pro as it will not fit my Cannon 7d Mark2,  thats another DJI failure.  Dont waste your money on Insurance they will find a way of not paying.
2021-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules