Smart Controller/Air2S Video Lag Issue Persists With V01.01.0064
3191 7 2021-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

ATTN DJI, I'm looking for a resolution to this issue which has been persistent since buying my Smart Controller and Air 2S new on 4/15/21.  I was hopeful the new update (V01.01.0064) would have resolved this issue however it's actually worse now than it was prior to the update.  I'm running V1.4.8 of the Fly App.  I would request a replacement Smart Controller however I've seen numerous posts on this and other forums reporting the exact same issue I'm seeing.  Perhaps a full refund of the purchase would be appropriate here as I've waited over three months for this issue to be resolved and nothing has been done.  Ideally, I would like to have a working Smart Controller as I really prefer it to using my phone.  Although I'm confident you're well aware of this issue, I've taken the time to post a short clip demonstrating the video lag/freeze issue I'm seeing.  I hope you will offer a satisfactory resolution to this problem.

2021-7-24
Use props
djiuser_QxKgLy98DlvM
New

Germany

Hello @DJI, I bought my DJI Air 2s last week, have updated the newest Firmware (SC, FlyApp and MA2s) and have the same problem with the Video Lag.
2021-7-24
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_QxKgLy98DlvM Posted at 7-24 20:43
Hello @DJI, I bought my DJI Air 2s last week, have updated the newest Firmware (SC, FlyApp and MA2s) and have the same problem with the Video Lag.

Not sure if you also just bought your Smart Controller last week?  If you did, I would highly recommend you return it for a refund as this issue has been happening for over three months and DJI has done nothing to resolve it.
2021-7-26
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 7-26 07:48
Not sure if you also just bought your Smart Controller last week?  If you did, I would highly recommend you return it for a refund as this issue has been happening for over three months and DJI has done nothing to resolve it.

Absolutely return it if possible!!!!!!!!
I returned my SC 1 month ago to dji repair center in California.
They contacted me and said it works FINE. It was sent back to me last week.
I took it out for a flight with my A2S on Saturday.
First flight the video feed locked up mid-flight.
Drone continued to fly fine and starting return to home brought the drone back so I could manually land it.
While the SC works for some it is not reliable for more than a few people. I will shelve it as a POS.
Dji claims it's fine, not sure how it is when I know it is not the drone as it works well the the included controller.
2021-7-26
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

The silence from any DJI reps here speaks volumes.  I know the DJI admins monitor all the posts on this forum.  I'm asking again that one of the admins offer a resolution to the issue I've posted here.  My Smart Controller is essentially a $750 paperweight at this point.  I would like to have it exchanged for a working Smart Controller (assuming one exists) or receive a full refund of the purchase price.  Can one of the DJI admins kindly reply to this post?
2021-7-27
Use props
djiuser_4AEaydQA7hiz
lvl.1
France

I have same this issue
2 day before I buy air2s with smart controller
I set and update all setting and app same instructions
But I have lag in video
I'm very confused from air2s
Before I have mini3pro and this Drone is excellent
But after change with air2s this issue happened
I used 2 memory card
Sandisk extreme pro v30 a2 u3 128 and 256
I format and put
Problem not resolve
I reset all setting rc smart
Problem not resolve
I eject all cart
But no
I update all
Freamware to newest
Dji fly to 1.7.4
But problem not resolve and lag in video I have
Please help me
After buy I don't use air2s
And this Drone for my business and now affect in my buasines
2022-9-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is not video lag you are seeing, but an encoder problem. Shooting the grass while flying along overloads the MPEG video encoder, it always has since the first DJI camera drone, and it most likely always will happen. The solution is not to shoot the grasss.
2022-9-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

How does the video look? I bet it looks great. Also, you have the option of "smooth" or "HD" for the video feed.
2022-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules