Update DJI Fly on Android Phone???
675 7 2021-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

I have been running DJY Fly 1.2.1 on my LG G6 Android (8.0.0) phone since installation.  (I assume I downloaded it from the Google Play Store initially, but I don't remember.)  I did just verify that the G6 is still compatible with the latest version, but now the Play Store doesn't list the app for installation.  I don't see any update button in the Fly app itself.  I do see a download (to my laptop) available at https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly, but I don't know what to do with an .APK file.  Sorry if I'm being dense, but how am I supposed to do this? -- jclarkw
2021-7-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app using the APK file on our website (link below)? Copy and paste the generated URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the APK, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser of your mobile device then open the file after that, the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the APK file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-7-24
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-24 20:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app using the APK file on our website (link below)? Copy and paste the generated URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the APK, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser of your mobile device then open the file after that, the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the APK file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

Thanks, Paladin -- Is it possible to download earlier versions of the Android app (e.g., 1.2.1), just in case I have a problem with the latest?  I see a link advertising earlier versions (apparently of the IOS app), but it's just a hash pattern with, apparently, no option to choose versions. -- jclarkw
2021-7-25
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

jclarkw Posted at 7-25 10:57
Thanks, Paladin -- Is it possible to download earlier versions of the Android app (e.g., 1.2.1), just in case I have a problem with the latest?  I see a link advertising earlier versions (apparently of the IOS app), but it's just a hash pattern with, apparently, no option to choose versions. -- jclarkw

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_ ... e=apk&s=dji+fly
2021-7-25
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

Hateful site!!  Having seen it, I would NEVER download anything from there!  It struggles to make you download some "Wave Browser."  Doesn't DJI itself maintain a clean download site for these older versions!? -- jclarkw
2021-7-25
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

jclarkw Posted at 7-25 18:15
Hateful site!!  Having seen it, I would NEVER download anything from there!  It struggles to make you download some "Wave Browser."  Doesn't DJI itself maintain a clean download site for these older versions!? -- jclarkw

Just downloaded 1.4.2 from this link after skipping past a couple of ads (nothing was forced upon me).  This isn't a charitable site, so they have to bring in income (ads) to pay for these services. And no, DJI does not keep a repository of past Fly app versions for Android. The Apple store does keep past versions, but that is more of a feature from Apple and not DJI. Your only other option to download past Android versions is to maintain your own repository of past app versions.
2021-7-26
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-24 20:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app using the APK file on our website (link below)? Copy and paste the generated URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the APK, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser of your mobile device then open the file after that, the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the APK file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

Paladin -- OK, that worked.  Thanks.

I see that the your "DJI Fly App: User Guide for Mavic Mini / Mavic Air 2 (2020)" still dates from 2020-03-19.  Do you have anything that discusses the (presumed) many new features in the software?

Best Regards -- jclarkw
2021-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jclarkw Posted at 7-26 06:16
Paladin -- OK, that worked.  Thanks.

I see that the your "DJI Fly App: User Guide for Mavic Mini / Mavic Air 2 (2020)" still dates from 2020-03-19.  Do you have anything that discusses the (presumed) many new features in the software?

Thank you for keeping us posted and glad that the troubleshooting works. We will forward this User Guide inquiry to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules